The great exodus out of America's blue cities

And if that happens then Texas will become Illinois or California. The same place those people ran from.
Well, we'll find out :beer:
There's nothing to find out. It's already been found out and proven. If Texas votes to do the same stupid shit the blue states do then they will become just like them. It's not that hard to figure out.
Blue states make tons of money and drive the U.S. economy :beer:

It would be great if the rest of Texas began seeing the same success as its Democrat run cities :thup:
So successful the citizens are running away to red states. If the blue states were so great wouldn't the population be moving toward them rather than away? I don't see anyone moving to democrat cities here. What I do see is a lot of blue state refugee's trying to get out of your version of prosperity with high taxes and all the other shit you left wingers bring to the table. If only you could get Texas your policies will have proven detrimental nation wide.
Running away? They're retiring, and moving to where there's little economic activity so they can live like kings. If you don't see people moving to your state's cities, then you should worry. It means your state can't compete.

They are moving tard because they can't afford the taxes on homes they OWN....

It is not voters who make it expensive to live here it is capitalists who see a chance to make major money due to the work expansion of the tech industry. That is what is driving people to have to live 3 driving hours away from work. It is what happened in Detroit and Chicago.

Lmfao....

You are talking to a guy born in Chicago and raised in the burbs, of course it was the voters who screwed themselfs...since when do you need a school director making 400 grand a year?

2 Investigators: Highest Paid Illinois School Supt. Gets $400K To Oversee 1,200 students

2 Investigators: Highest Paid Illinois School Supt. Gets $400K To Oversee 1,200 students
Author: Pam Zekman
April 29, 2016
amp

(CBS) — Troy Paraday is the highest compensated superintendent in Illinois, even though his Calumet City School District 155 is small and the students are failing.

He makes even more money than the CEO of Chicago Public Schools.

2 Investigator Pam Zekman asks: How could this happen?

Paraday makes a base salary of $315,814, but he also gets an annuity of more than $31,000. The board also pays his pension contribution of $36,000 plus $29,000 for insurance and other benefits.

With everything, that’s about $400,000 a year.

Parent Christopher Clark is incredulous: “What? How is he getting all that money?”

The school board awarded the contract in 2013 as a five-year, pre-retirement deal for Paraday. So, taxpayers are stuck paying for it through 2018 — and beyond, for his pension.

Paraday oversees three schools with just 1,200 students. Fifty-six percent of them are from low income families. Last year, only 21 percent met or exceeded standards on the PARCC exam.

“When school achievement is low and your district is relatively poor, it’s unconscionable to pay extraordinary salaries,” says Andy Shaw, president and CEO of the Better Government Association.

Typical. This pre retirement raise is a common scam. Their pensions are calculated in some cases on the last X years of salary, so Jack it up, screw the taxpayers.....and then wonder why the state is broke.

I live in Los Angeles, a very blue city.

In point of fact, many people are actually moving back to L.A.

They are tired of the 3-hour commute from the suburbs to their city jobs.

They also like the amenities that they can find only in a big city.

This movement is called "gentrification."

They come into a community, pay good prices for the property, and quickly upgrade the area into an upscale neighborhood.

Of course, the people who were previously living there are very upset. Some are loudly (and even occasionally physically) protesting gentrification.

There's nothing to find out. It's already been found out and proven. If Texas votes to do the same stupid shit the blue states do then they will become just like them. It's not that hard to figure out.

It would be great if the rest of Texas began seeing the same success as its Democrat run cities :thup:
So successful the citizens are running away to red states. If the blue states were so great wouldn't the population be moving toward them rather than away? I don't see anyone moving to democrat cities here. What I do see is a lot of blue state refugee's trying to get out of your version of prosperity with high taxes and all the other shit you left wingers bring to the table. If only you could get Texas your policies will have proven detrimental nation wide.
Running away? They're retiring, and moving to where there's little economic activity so they can live like kings. If you don't see people moving to your state's cities, then you should worry. It means your state can't compete.

They don’t want to pay their fair share?

Yeah the huge demand for homes there drives up real estate costs and so too the taxes for those higher prices.

Yeah the huge demand for homes there drives up real estate costs and so too the taxes for those higher prices.

Still want to deny the truth????

The problem is a lot of them bring their ideologies with them. For example, my neighbors left California because of liberalism, only to bring their liberalism with them. They're major cocks, unhappy, up everyone's business and controlling.

The problem is a lot of them bring their ideologies with them. For example, my neighbors left California because of liberalism, only to bring their liberalism with them. They're major cocks, unhappy, up everyone's business and controlling.
It is like the liberals who move to the country in the exurbs for cheaper taxes.
Then bitch that there are no trails or expensive parks and amenities that highly taxed areas have.
They also bitch about the smell of farms and the snowmobiles and local hunters.

Stay in the damn city.

It is like the liberals who move to the country in the exurbs for cheaper taxes.
Then bitch that there are no trails or expensive parks and amenities that highly taxed areas have.
They also bitch about the smell of farms and the snowmobiles and local hunters.

Stay in the damn city.

Exactly. We're becoming more Ca. everyday with HOA, "trails" etc. I used to hike up to the falls and there was a few years in-between. Visited somewhat recently and now they have fancy trails providing easy access for our dumbed-down lazy public. Now the falls feature a bunch of people on smart phones and empty water bottles everywhere.

So while the short-sighted view the "improvement" as nice, those with a dose of critical thought see they wasted money and ruined the place, environment included, only to spend more money in the future.............SMH

Last edited:

Forum List

Back