The great exodus out of America's blue cities

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
When will liberals in blue cities stop voting against their best interest?

50%????? ....

Snip..

With between up to 50 percent of their paycheck going to a combination of federal, local and city taxes, not including other consumer taxes baked into every aspect of their consumer practices, residents don't even have the comfort of knowing that their tax expenditures are going to the improvement of their lives in the city. New York infamously misuses the hard-earned tax revenues of its citizens in ways that scarcely benefit them.

Snip..

Am I the only one in my spinning class at Equinox in Manhattan who's fed up paying $200 every month for a gym with clean showers, $3,000 in rent every month for an apartment without cockroaches and $8 every morning for a cup of coffee? Am I the only one moving through the greater part of New York City boroughs and seeing an inexorable march of urban decay matched with the discomfort of crowding and inexplicable costs? I know I am not.

New York is the most expensive city in America. Its lower-cost neighborhoods are riddled with crime and homelessness. Its public schools, some of which are among the worst in the nation, look more like prisons than places of learning.

Eventually, city and state taxes, fees, and regulations become so burdensome that people and corporations jump ship. More people are currently fleeing New York than any other metropolitan area in the nation. More than 1 million people have moved out of New York City since 2010 in search of greener pastures, which amounts to a negative net migration rate of 4.4 percent.

It is not voters who make it expensive to live here it is capitalists who see a chance to make major money due to the work expansion of the tech industry. That is what is driving people to have to live 3 driving hours away from work. It is what happened in Detroit and Chicago.

How dare you bring up the Capitalists. Why that's downright Unmericun. But you are correct. I once got a 12% raise in the Military because we hadn't received a raise in 4 years. It was a makeup raise.Civilians didn't get that raise. In fact, they got no cost of living raise at all. The Capitalists raised everything from gas to food exactly 12% and said they needed it. The Civilian community drifted deeper into poverty. By the time I calculated I was bumped up into the next tax bracket and the increase in the cost of living I was making less than before I received the raise. With raises like that, they can keep their damned raises.

Someone makes loads of money in NYC but it isn't the ones that live there. I doubt if it's anyone that actually lives in the city. But I can bet the Hamptons make a killing.

As for the Deep Blue Cities being in danger of turning red, I suggest you all take a good look at Texas and it's major cities that used to be Red controlled areas. The Reps are in danger of losing them in 2018. And that is where the majority of the Texas Population is.

It is not voters who make it expensive to live here it is capitalists who see a chance to make major money due to the work expansion of the tech industry. That is what is driving people to have to live 3 driving hours away from work. It is what happened in Detroit and Chicago.

Lmfao....

You are talking to a guy born in Chicago and raised in the burbs, of course it was the voters who screwed themselfs...since when do you need a school director making 400 grand a year?

2 Investigators: Highest Paid Illinois School Supt. Gets $400K To Oversee 1,200 students

2 Investigators: Highest Paid Illinois School Supt. Gets $400K To Oversee 1,200 students
Author: Pam Zekman
April 29, 2016
amp

(CBS) — Troy Paraday is the highest compensated superintendent in Illinois, even though his Calumet City School District 155 is small and the students are failing.

He makes even more money than the CEO of Chicago Public Schools.

2 Investigator Pam Zekman asks: How could this happen?

Paraday makes a base salary of $315,814, but he also gets an annuity of more than $31,000. The board also pays his pension contribution of $36,000 plus $29,000 for insurance and other benefits.

With everything, that’s about $400,000 a year.

Parent Christopher Clark is incredulous: “What? How is he getting all that money?”

The school board awarded the contract in 2013 as a five-year, pre-retirement deal for Paraday. So, taxpayers are stuck paying for it through 2018 — and beyond, for his pension.

Paraday oversees three schools with just 1,200 students. Fifty-six percent of them are from low income families. Last year, only 21 percent met or exceeded standards on the PARCC exam.

“When school achievement is low and your district is relatively poor, it’s unconscionable to pay extraordinary salaries,” says Andy Shaw, president and CEO of the Better Government Association.

50%????? ....

Snip..

With between up to 50 percent of their paycheck going to a combination of federal, local and city taxes, not including other consumer taxes baked into every aspect of their consumer practices, residents don't even have the comfort of knowing that their tax expenditures are going to the improvement of their lives in the city. New York infamously misuses the hard-earned tax revenues of its citizens in ways that scarcely benefit them.

Snip..

Am I the only one in my spinning class at Equinox in Manhattan who's fed up paying $200 every month for a gym with clean showers, $3,000 in rent every month for an apartment without cockroaches and $8 every morning for a cup of coffee? Am I the only one moving through the greater part of New York City boroughs and seeing an inexorable march of urban decay matched with the discomfort of crowding and inexplicable costs? I know I am not.

New York is the most expensive city in America. Its lower-cost neighborhoods are riddled with crime and homelessness. Its public schools, some of which are among the worst in the nation, look more like prisons than places of learning.

Eventually, city and state taxes, fees, and regulations become so burdensome that people and corporations jump ship. More people are currently fleeing New York than any other metropolitan area in the nation. More than 1 million people have moved out of New York City since 2010 in search of greener pastures, which amounts to a negative net migration rate of 4.4 percent.
They made their money in the blue states and are moving to areas with weak economies where they can live like kings. The more of flyover area they turn blue, the less the GOP will be able to abuse the broken electoral college to elect universally despised candidates.

How dare you bring up the Capitalists. Why that's downright Unmericun. But you are correct. I once got a 12% raise in the Military because we hadn't received a raise in 4 years. It was a makeup raise.Civilians didn't get that raise. In fact, they got no cost of living raise at all. The Capitalists raised everything from gas to food exactly 12% and said they needed it. The Civilian community drifted deeper into poverty. By the time I calculated I was bumped up into the next tax bracket and the increase in the cost of living I was making less than before I received the raise. With raises like that, they can keep their damned raises.

Someone makes loads of money in NYC but it isn't the ones that live there. I doubt if it's anyone that actually lives in the city. But I can bet the Hamptons make a killing.

As for the Deep Blue Cities being in danger of turning red, I suggest you all take a good look at Texas and it's major cities that used to be Red controlled areas. The Reps are in danger of losing them in 2018. And that is where the majority of the Texas Population is.
And if that happens then Texas will become Illinois or California. The same place those people ran from.

And if that happens then Texas will become Illinois or California. The same place those people ran from.
Well, we'll find out :beer:

50%????? ....

Snip..

Snip..

They made their money in the blue states and are moving to areas with weak economies where they can live like kings. The more of flyover area they turn blue, the less the GOP will be able to abuse the broken electoral college to elect universally despised candidates.
This time communism will work. We just need to weed out the dumb people in prosperous states. Then the people that ran away from the blue states will see there's nowhere you can't fuck up by voting democrat. And then we will all get to live in the same state they ran away from. This should not only work out for the movers but the dumb locals as well who actually thought they had a good thing going until the blue staters moved in and showed them how to really fuck things up.

50%????? ....

Snip..

Snip..

This time communism will work. We just need to weed out the dumb people in prosperous states. Then the people that ran away from the blue states will see there's nowhere you can't fuck up by voting democrat. And then we will all get to live in the same state they ran away from. This should not only work out for the movers but the dumb locals as well who actually thought they had a good thing going until the blue staters moved in and showed them how to really fuck things up.
You should probably look up what communism is :itsok:

There's nothing to find out. It's already been found out and proven. If Texas votes to do the same stupid shit the blue states do then they will become just like them. It's not that hard to figure out.

50%????? ....

Snip..

Snip..

You should probably look up what failure is.

There's nothing to find out. It's already been found out and proven. If Texas votes to do the same stupid shit the blue states do then they will become just like them. It's not that hard to figure out.
Blue states make tons of money and drive the U.S. economy :beer:

It would be great if the rest of Texas began seeing the same success as its Democrat run cities :thup:

50%????? ....

Snip..

Snip..

Exactly.

Saying/implying that "lower class neighborhoods are riddled with crime and homelessness" is only in NYC or only in "blue" cities is simply dishonest.

50%????? ....

Snip..

Snip..

You should probably look up what failure is.

Stop it, they know better than you what failure is.

This poster had to look in the mirror at themselves election night and every day after, did you?

It would be great if the rest of Texas began seeing the same success as its Democrat run cities :thup:
So successful the citizens are running away to red states. If the blue states were so great wouldn't the population be moving toward them rather than away? I don't see anyone moving to democrat cities here. What I do see is a lot of blue state refugee's trying to get out of your version of prosperity with high taxes and all the other shit you left wingers bring to the table. If only you could get Texas your policies will have proven detrimental nation wide.

So successful the citizens are running away to red states. If the blue states were so great wouldn't the population be moving toward them rather than away? I don't see anyone moving to democrat cities here. What I do see is a lot of blue state refugee's trying to get out of your version of prosperity with high taxes and all the other shit you left wingers bring to the table. If only you could get Texas your policies will have proven detrimental nation wide.
Running away? They're retiring, and moving to where there's little economic activity so they can live like kings. If you don't see people moving to your state's cities, then you should worry. It means your state can't compete.

Running away? They're retiring, and moving to where there's little economic activity so they can live like kings. If you don't see people moving to your state's cities, then you should worry. It means your state can't compete.

They were moving here but for other reasons. But since other states have passed recreational pot, maybe they will move the hell back.

Forum List

Back