The gospel of judas

I am wondering if Judas wrote the gospel while swinging from the tree or he paid some ghost writer to pen it with the forty pieces of silver?

The gnostic gospels are not in the Bible for a reason: they don't belong there.

But it is vexing, to wonder why the Books of Enoch weren't put in it.

I believe the books of Enoch are a misquote or forgery. I believe we have the correct quote in the Bible.

perhaps the gospel of Judas wasn't included in the canonization of scripture because no one was aware of it at the time......

The gnostic gospels are not in the Bible for a reason: they don't belong there.

But it is vexing, to wonder why the Books of Enoch weren't put in it.

I believe the books of Enoch are a misquote or forgery. I believe we have the correct quote in the Bible.

Could be, yeah.

They are very interesting, though.

I've no doubt that you've read them, Chuck.

I've also no doubt the contents of the books—the demonology in them—are exactly what we're seeing take shape again today. :thup:

perhaps the gospel of Judas wasn't included in the canonization of scripture because no one was aware of it at the time......

I've always thought that if they weren't aware of it, it meant they weren't read.

I believe when manuscripts got old, they would break parts of them off and circulate them around the churches to be read. If they weren't aware of it, does that mean they weren't in the Bible? I think they they weren't in the Bible.

that came out years ago

it was a hoot and a half watching it with my believer buddy and his gf.

so many contradictions about the inspired words of god.

came across a bible that had 4 versions in it (thing was heavy), for lark I wanted to see how far I got before things got different.

"In the beginning----" wait, that's not what it says
:lol: only one version starts that way. First line, wrong.

Inspired word of god my ass. Heavily edited word of man more like it.

I've always thought that if they weren't aware of it, it meant they weren't read.

I believe when manuscripts got old, they would break parts of them off and circulate them around the churches to be read. If they weren't aware of it, does that mean they weren't in the Bible? I think they they weren't in the Bible.

the church chose what went in the bible, they knew about most if not all the teachings.

They just took the ones that made the best story and gave them the most control over the masses.

the church chose what went in the bible, they knew about most if not all the teachings.

They just took the ones that made the best story and gave them the most control over the masses.

Millions of people in the church died because of persecution so I would take the word of those who died over those who didn't die for anything.

Its kind of like this, those who didn't die didn't care for the faith and they are the ones who started heresies.

Millions of people in the church died because of persecution so I would take the word of those who died over those who didn't die for anything.

Its kind of like this, those who didn't die didn't care for the faith and they are the ones who started heresies.

the killings (feeding christians to the lions) happened long before the church formed

the killings (feeding christians to the lions) happened long before the church formed

The church was formed in Acts chapter 2.

The fact people died doesn't ascribe ultimate truth to a given text.

People die for bad causes all the time, that doesn't suddenly glorify their sacrifice. It just means they made the ultimate mistake.

Ascribing authority to such deeds is not enlightenment, it is lazy. Truth is not found from outside forces, good or bad, but from within.

The fact people died doesn't ascribe ultimate truth to a given text.

People die for bad causes all the time, that doesn't suddenly glorify their sacrifice. It just means they made the ultimate mistake.

Ascribing authority to such deeds is not enlightenment, it is lazy. Truth is not found from outside forces, good or bad, but from within.

It means they didn't die defending the truth or standing for the truth.
In other words, if the Emperor asked, "Is Ceasar Lord?", I wouldn't trust someone with the apocrypha when they said, "Yes". It means they stayed alive supporting an alternate belief.

Along with other non-canonized works.

Canonized or not doesn't matter to all denominations of faiths. My thing's always been anything about God is something I wanna read. And the more people tell me it doesn't matter, or isn't part of official Canon, the more I wanna read it. :)

In other words, if the Emperor asked, "Is Ceasar Lord?", I wouldn't trust someone with the apocrypha when they said, "Yes". It means they stayed alive supporting an alternate belief.

Deny God on Earth, and God will deny you in Heaven.

I don't believe in moral equivalence. Primarily because God doesn't.

Along with other non-canonized works.

Canonized or not doesn't matter to all denominations of faiths. My thing's always been anything about God is something I wanna read. And the more people tell me it doesn't matter, or isn't part of official Canon, the more I wanna read it. :)

Christianity or God doesn't necessarily matter to other faiths either.

Their loss. I'm Jewish and while I disagree with Christianity I find it useful. Can never hope to learn about your own religion if you never learn about anyone else's.

Forum List

Back