The Goal Of Any Government Should Be...

CorvusRexus

The Raven King
Mar 6, 2014
In my opinion, the goal of any government is to protect the law-abiding citizenry it represents. Economy can mostly be run by people on their own; economically, government really should only pass basic laws protecting trade and commerce within its borders, but little else. Socially, the government shouldn't care enough to be involved. Therefore, the primary purpose of government is a military one. A government should do everything in its power to fight and destroy any enemies of the state who pose a threat to the good of the country. Failing that, a government itself has failed.

In my opinion, the goal of any government is to protect the law-abiding citizenry it represents. Economy can mostly be run by people on their own; economically, government really should only pass basic laws protecting trade and commerce within its borders, but little else. Socially, the government shouldn't care enough to be involved. Therefore, the primary purpose of government is a military one. A government should do everything in its power to fight and destroy any enemies of the state who pose a threat to the good of the country. Failing that, a government itself has failed.

So you were an F- student when it came to social studies?

Nope. Straight A's.

I just happen to believe in a very...militaristic form of government.

Wrong again! I grew up with a copy of the Constitution with me where ever I went, and read and re-read it repeatedly.
Also, I went to a private school.

Wrong again! I grew up with a copy of the Constitution with me where ever I went, and read and re-read it repeatedly.

Parochial private school?

Let's just see where you draw the line as far as where government intervention begins and ends.

According to your OP there should be brothels next to churches, abortion clinics next to daycare centers and sewage treatment plants next door to where you live, right?

So you were an F- student when it came to social studies?

It appears you rode the short bus to school.

Nope. Straight A's.

I just happen to believe in a very...militaristic form of government.

In other words home schooled which explains the lack of knowledge as to the goals and purpose of the Constitution.

Why don't you enlighten us then. What does the constitution say about the roles and goals of government?

Are you telling us that you never read the preamble to the Constitution?

Let's just see where you draw the line as far as where government intervention begins and ends.

According to your OP there should be brothels next to churches, abortion clinics next to daycare centers and sewage treatment plants next door to where you live, right?

Why would anyone open a brothel next to a church, put a day care center next to an abortion clinic or build a housing development next to a sewage plant?

I don't care. As long as the people don't care, I don't see why not. If people wanted a sewage treatment plant by their houses, then I see no problem. Let the people or towns rule themselves small-scale, and simply pool military resources to the national government which in turn uses them to provide for the common defense. Simple as that.

Looking at my posts and yours, I realize I may have not made my point clear enough. The OP was referring to national level governments.

And yes, I went to parochial private schools.

Why would anyone open a brothel next to a church, put a day care center next to an abortion clinic or build a housing development next to a sewage plant?
Because they are trying to prove a point with stupid unrealistic hypotheticals?

I don't care. As long as the people don't care, I don't see why not. If people wanted a sewage treatment plant by their houses, then I see no problem. Let the people or towns rule themselves small-scale, and simply pool military resources to the national government which in turn uses them to provide for the common defense. Simple as that.

Looking at my posts and yours, I realize I may have not made my point clear enough. The OP was referring to national level governments.

And yes, I went to parochial private schools.

Ah, so you see a purpose to local government once you appreciate the ramifications of not having any.

But you still claim that it is unnecessary at the Federal level.

So let's see what happens without any Federal government regulations.

You build your dream house on a lake with a mountain vista view. You add a small jetty and you sell bait to fishermen and rent out boats to make a living.

Across the state line which just happens to be 1 mile down the road from you a corporation builds a meat byproducts rendering plant that uses coal fired furnaces. Your lake becomes polluted by the stinking effluence from the plant and your mountain view disappears behind a thick smog of coal fumes. Your kids develop asthma and your spouse ends up with cancer. You have zero options because you don't even live in the same state. You can't even sell your "dream home" because no one wants to live there anymore. Your business is ruined and you have zero compensation for your losses.

Without government there is nothing stopping that from becoming a reality. You just acknowledged that fact.

Yep, Houston doesn't have any zoning laws, and somehow they manage to avoid the issues mentioned.

Without government there is nothing stopping that from becoming a reality. You just acknowledged that fact.

Yes there is something stopping that from becoming a reality: it's called simple common sense. Why would a city government build a sewage treatment plant in a residential area? I can't imagine anything more stupid than that. In the first place, sewage treatment plants are generally built near the water where the effluent will be dumped. IN the second, they want to build it on cheap land, not the kind of expensive land that developers build houses on. Third, anyone who voted in favor of such a project would be quickly voted out of office, if not recalled. Fourth, local residents could sue over any reduction in the enjoyment of their property.

Similar explanations can be applied to your other moronic examples.

The Goal Of Any Government Should Be...

In my opinion, the goal of any government is to protect the law-a...

The goal of any government is, first and last, growth and accumulation of power unto itself. Any other description fails from grade school naivete.

Thus endeth the lesson.
Lol. You've got me there, I'll give you that much.
I resort back to "should be".

Forum List

Back