The Front Porch Swing

Maybe I should have softened it with this:

k19xdj.jpg

Either way. ;)

Calling it a night, y'all! I am catching up from last week. Pain is a real life suck, that's for sure.

Bout twelve years ago, I had a forum called Tough Old Broads. One of my favorite things about that was asking the question of the day. I do believe I'll revive that custom here, when next I wake.

Hasta Nuevo!

That is a good idea, Boop! Just make the questions head scratchers, lol.

Night hon. I am heading that way myself in a few.

Sister in law just came in my room all freaked out and crying. She went to bed earlier and got a leg cramp. Toe sticking straight up, calf hard as a rock. I said LEG CRAMP and sent her off to the bathroom to stick it in the tub with hot water to loosen the tendons and muscles. She sat in there about 15 minutes and came back and said it scared her and I said yeah..tell me about it. It SUCKS. Mine woke me up one night and the only thing I could do was pound the hell out of it with my fist, which made my wrist joints scream but that cramp was a doozy. If that is what happened to her..I know her pain. OUCH.
Anyway..she is better now, so I am going to get in my recliner. Took my xanax and it is starting to kick in. See you guys tomorrow!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Did I tell you I LOVE this thread, Boop? Thanks again!

Oh, they are all over, from favorite color to best birthday, light philosophical ... and of course people can PM me recommendations.

Good night, and this time I really mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

/Princess Bride

Sister in law just came in my room all freaked out and crying. She went to bed earlier and got a leg cramp. Toe sticking straight up, calf hard as a rock. I said LEG CRAMP and sent her off to the bathroom to stick it in the tub with hot water to loosen the tendons and muscles. She sat in there about 15 minutes and came back and said it scared her and I said yeah..tell me about it. It SUCKS. Mine woke me up one night and the only thing I could do was pound the hell out of it with my fist, which made my wrist joints scream but that cramp was a doozy. If that is what happened to her..I know her pain. OUCH.
Anyway..she is better now, so I am going to get in my recliner. Took my xanax and it is starting to kick in. See you guys tomorrow!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I love it too.

:thanks:

:huddle:

Well, Statalicious finally found the porch.

Not my fault y'all live in one of those primitive backward time-zones and are active while the latte sipping Europeans are getting their beauty rest!!!!

:lmao:

So, what do we want to do today!

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]- GREAT IDEA!!!

Hey, y'all. I am just hanging out on my front porch, ready to share some sweet tea and muffins with the neighhbors.

I chose the games folder because it was set up with the following rules:

In keeping with the spirit of this forum we ask that members leave their politics, grudges, guns, knives, anthrax, waterboards and Voodoo Dolls at the front door. This forum is a drama free zone and is all about having fun. Think "Coffee Shop" when posting in here.

I look forward to having some fun. :thup:

Now, do I see a Long-Island Iced-Tea next to the regular tea there???
Proud to be one of the first men to stop by in the lovely paradise of the

BOOP-STOOP ANGELS

Mind if I sit in a stool and run some stats?? Excel table, excel table....

Present. Now...where did I put my voodoo doll? I wanna dress her up in Barbie heels and do her hair. :lol:

HEY!! Where is my rocker with the fluffy piller? Gotta have it for my old crone back and fucked up hips. Quick now! Granny can't sit on the stoop for much longer. It's to HARRRRRRRD!

Are voodoo dolls kosher?

Yeehaw.....I'm ready for some of that ice tea and some hot muffins.....

well, no, actually, I'm getting ready to go to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow, have a group of people coming over to watch the Super Bowl with us.....so I better get me some beauty sleep.....

Thanks for opening this thread Boop....I'll be sure to let some of the others know they are welcome here and there won't be any poop slinging allowed.....Yeehaw....:)

My neighbor and his wife, who live right behind us, have invited me to the annual Super-Bowl party. She was my daughter's 2nd "Tagesmutter" - the pre-care caregiver who watched Marlene when my then wife and I were working. In case the 1st got sick, then the second kicked in. Well, when the separation and divorce came, I got luck of luck and found a place literally window view to window view across from them. She is a great gal, Marlene adores her, and her husband, Stephan, and I often play baseball in the summer. So, Stephan sets up this big Super-Bowl party every year. Don't forget, I live in a GMT +1 timezone, so the party goes till 3 am here or so..... and all of Stephan's other buds are German, of course. So, the deal is: we throw the party there, and she brings the baby over to my place and crashes out here while we are partying. Sweet deal, eh?

Last time, his buds showed up in Soccer uniform shirts to celebrate the day. rofl...

So, here I am, screaming at the TV as every self-respecting American football would do, with stuff like "Goddammit, run the ball, run the ball!!" and his buds are looking just mollified. That was the first year.

A year later, 6 German guys are standing up, saying.

"Rahn ze Bawl, Asshool, rahn ze Bawl!!!"

Priceless. :D

garden_chair.jpg

Never mind. I fetched it myself. MINE. It has GRACIE all over it so no butts go in it except mine! However, is some cute guy needs a seat...I can scootch over I guess. ;)

Did you just call?

I have quite a few chairs on my back stoop. That is Gracie, passing by. :(
117e7o1.jpg
[/IMG]

Beautiful dog!

Hi all, I'm heading off to bed but this is a good idea. Talk to you tomorrow. Just stopping in quick for now. I also have to get up early tomorrow.

Enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow if that's your thing.

I'll probably also check out the puppy bowl and kitty half time show on Animal Planet. That's always cute and my daughter loves it.

Good night!!

Thanks!

So...to keep in tune with the location of Boop's Stoop....what do y'all call your stoops? Got a pic of your real one? I will see if I can dredge one up of mine. I DO have one...but the cat is sitting on my bench.
Lemme go get it.

We'll use this spot on sunny days!

House04_zps19a404a5.jpg

That's the porch at my mom's house, a number of years before she died.

And here's me and my mom, about 7 years before she died, so the pic is now about 8 1/2 years old, something like that:

Fam05_zps99b95598.jpg

The new roomie will be moving in on the 4th. She is 61, retired, and ON THE GO all the time. And she has two little dogs. Emma is a yorkshire pup only 8 months old...and Andy is a Jack Russell/Rat Terrier mix. He is a therapy dog...she takes him to retirement homes and the folks there just love him. He was so cute! I took to him right away. he was so friendly and so hyper..he dug right into Karma's toy box and I was thrilled cuz Andy really took to Karma. But...she laid behind my chair the whole time. Wouldn't play with him, wouldn't sniff him. It made me sad because karma used to be just like Andy 6 months ago. She is a changed dog. :(
Moki came to see what the ruckus was...sniffed, got bored, went back under the bed. At least he didn't try to beat up Andy and Emma! Good sign, that. The cat was in 7th heaven. She is bigger than Emma, just a tad smaller than Andy and she immediately bumped heads with them...so they are ok in her opinion. Only one I was bummed about was Karma. I am hoping she gets to be friends with Andy. She sticks so close to me....probably because all she ever had was Gracie and Gracie is gone.
Hurt my heart realizing she is dealing with the loss...but there are other issues now. Her shutting herself off. I miss the wild kid like Karma. :(

I feel for you, love, I feel for you. My Klia is getting older and older and older.

garden_chair.jpg

Never mind. I fetched it myself. MINE. It has GRACIE all over it so no butts go in it except mine! However, is some cute guy needs a seat...I can scootch over I guess. ;)

:poke:

Is there no droop to which Boop's stoop will not stoop?

If I can't bring my dollies I'm neggin' you all!

:muahaha:

Yo, bro, are you makin fun of the droopies and boopie's stoopies? Themz fahtin werdz!!!

Boop has droopy stoop, I'm tellin ya!

omg.... falling off my seat..... can't get back up...

I brought my own! Hope you don't mind!

the-swinging-chairs-on.jpg

Your own what -- women?

Don't bogart bruh... :cool:

In every man there is a small Boghart... oh, wait, I meant Gandhi, Gandhi...

I brought my own! Hope you don't mind!

the-swinging-chairs-on.jpg

Not at all, it's exquisite!

:thup:

garden_chair.jpg

I have to say, that is a seriously breathtaking scene. Reminds me of Vermont.

What I like so far about the Stoop: All women :D

Awwww! Well, that didn't last long. ;)

The real men show up last.... nanananana!!!

:)

OK, I found the place and I have dibs on this rocker!

rural-american-baroque-e1305138582302.jpg

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Boopsie! :)

When I have some time I will post some pics of my own patio, covered in snow and ice at the moment, but it will give you some idea! :)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Leg cramps suck! Best thing I did was to drink a glass of milk because with me it was a shortage of calcium. The heat helps ease it immediately but the muscle is cramping because of a dietary imbalance of some sort.

Learn the connection between diet and muscle cramping

So right now this is what my patio looks like!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I will post more pics in Spring, Summer and Fall. :)

Beautiful sunshine and clouds east of the Wasatches. Clean air, which is wonderful here in January and February.

Forum List

Back