The Fourth Worst Drop In Dow History!

The stocks were overpriced. Now that they are on sale I may even buy.

The market will be back up as usual. In this case probably sooner rather than later. It is starting to look like the time to buy...
For the past couple weeks, every single day there is someone saying they are going to buy. I suspect they are full of shit and wouldn't have a clue how to buy stocks.

March 2: "Buy now!"

March 3: Dow falls nearly 800

"Okay...now!"

March 5: Dow tumbles nearly 1,000 points again

"Okay...now!"

March 6: Dow falls 250 points

"All right...now!"

March 9: Dow plunges over 2,000 points

"Okay...this is it! Do it now!"

March 11: Dow drops 1,400 points, ending in bear market

"Nowwwwwww...":206:

March 12: Dow's 10% loss most since 1987 market crash

"Now! Now! Now!":113:

Looks like you missed the "now"..wait you dont own stocks and never will. Oh well.

suicidal now.png

When Trump took over on 20 Jan 2017, the stock market closed at 21,200.

Today, the stock market closed at 21,200.

Anyone else tired of all this winning? If the market tanks again tomorrow (and it probably will), he will have a lower market than what Obama left him with.

Do you need counseling or a hand to hold today?

suicidal now.png

The stocks were overpriced. Now that they are on sale I may even buy.

The market will be back up as usual. In this case probably sooner rather than later. It is starting to look like the time to buy...
For the past couple weeks, every single day there is someone saying they are going to buy. I suspect they are full of shit and wouldn't have a clue how to buy stocks.

March 2: "Buy now!"

March 3: Dow falls nearly 800

"Okay...now!"

March 5: Dow tumbles nearly 1,000 points again

"Okay...now!"

March 6: Dow falls 250 points

"All right...now!"

March 9: Dow plunges over 2,000 points

"Okay...this is it! Do it now!"

March 11: Dow drops 1,400 points, ending in bear market

"Nowwwwwww...":206:

March 12: Dow's 10% loss most since 1987 market crash

"Now! Now! Now!":113:

But Ill bet the volatility isnt over yet. In the next few days you may still find ecstasy as people of America get hurt and then disappointment as it recovers. VIX rules for now.
You lose again...how old are you? Doesnt that get tiresome?

suicidal now.png

This market is nearly univestable at this point. You can’t go long because we haven’t even felt the economic effects yet. You can’t buy puts because the VIX premium is too high. I will wait for the volatility to subside before I buy more puts.

Tariffs are governmental control over the free market. Only leftwing nuts like you support them.

Our government supported itself on Tariffs until the Sixteenth Amendment was passed and they began collecting in 1913.

Which caused the government to explode. We became the greatest nation on earth with no incomke tax. Or handouts.

This market is nearly univestable at this point. You can’t go long because we haven’t even felt the economic effects yet. You can’t buy puts because the VIX premium is too high. I will wait for the volatility to subside before I buy more puts.
If going for the long term, I would think buying some good blue chip stocks that pay good dividends at this time
would be prudent. I'm not a player in the buying and selling, or a day trader. But, I do have a good portfolio.
I took the hit on paper, but I know that the stocks I have will come back and they are paying a nice dividend
in the mean time.

I agree. I've also heard some economists say that we are already in a recession. The last one I heard was from Moody's a few hours ago.

Did you feel really really good? You dont have a job. And no investments. So im sure you did. Wow imagine your disappointment if the economy kicks back up? Which it will eventually IF the government doesnt "help" it too much. Then where wilol you be? Back to hoping Iran hits us with missiles?

Stocks are a buy now.

There is going to be more volatility, and we will likely retest if not break to new lows over the next several weeks. But we will likely by higher a year from now, and likely much higher in 3-5 years.

If going for the long term, I would think buying some good blue chip stocks that pay good dividends at this time
would be prudent. I'm not a player in the buying and selling, or a day trader. But, I do have a good portfolio.
I took the hit on paper, but I know that the stocks I have will come back and they are paying a nice dividend
in the mean time.

Exactly. Depends on your time frame. I would steer clear of any equities carry BBB or less bond rating no matter the dividend. I suspect many will be lowering or eliminating dividends, especially the energy sector.

I don’t believe for a second we have seen the bottom though, so there should be better prices coming for dividend stock plays.

Stocks are a buy now.

There is going to be more volatility, and we will likely retest if not break to new lows over the next several weeks. But we will likely by higher a year from now, and likely much higher in 3-5 years.

Wow, that is uber optimistic from my point of view. I don’t think we will see new highs for at least 3 years. We haven’t even felt the economic impact from this yet, so I have a hard time seeing how we get to new highs this year. I suspect we are already in a recession.

DOW futures are in the red - again.

Pre-Markets

Wow. How depressed are you now? I mean compared to your usual level? Good news for America will, of course, always be bad news for you.

View attachment 312277
good news for america would be if the prick in office gets the virus

You're one sick puppy! Why would you wish ill will on someone who has done such great things for our country and all our citizens?

Wow, that is uber optimistic from my point of view. I don’t think we will see new highs for at least 3 years. We haven’t even felt the economic impact from this yet, so I have a hard time seeing how we get to new highs this year. I suspect we are already in a recession.

I believe the recovery will be quick. This is not an economic pullback but rather a biological one. The underlying economy is still strong, the market hates the unknown and no one knows how long it will before this virus runs its course.

Millions of events are being canceled which will cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Once they begin to come back on-line so to speak, American's will be eager to get back to normal.

Pre-Markets

Wow. How depressed are you now? I mean compared to your usual level? Good news for America will, of course, always be bad news for you.

View attachment 312277

You're one sick puppy! Why would you wish ill will on someone who has done such great things for our country and all our citizens?

They are sick demented people. Is the obsession with baby killing and homosexual deviance a cause or result? I dont know but you will always find them with these types.

Pre-Markets

View attachment 312277

ILL ? I wish that lying pos a horrible ending

I believe the recovery will be quick. This is not an economic pullback but rather a biological one. The underlying economy is still strong, the market hates the unknown and no one knows how long it will before this virus runs its course.

Millions of events are being canceled which will cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Once they begin to come back on-line so to speak, American's will be eager to get back to normal.

Recovery will be quick...is not very quantitative. By quick do you mean 2-3 months or even 6-8 months? If so, I think that is impossible. China has not recovered to be fully functional and it started there over 2 1/2 months ago. We are a good 6 weeks behind them. My belief- we are already in a recession and it will be 2-5 years before the market breeches new highs at least.

Where's the stock expert here? (Besides Toro)

I'll go by what she says. She knows her stuff. No I will not tell you who, go 'way.

Forum List

Back