The Fourth Worst Drop In Dow History!

Wow, that is uber optimistic from my point of view. I don’t think we will see new highs for at least 3 years. We haven’t even felt the economic impact from this yet, so I have a hard time seeing how we get to new highs this year. I suspect we are already in a recession.

I believe the recovery will be quick. This is not an economic pullback but rather a biological one. The underlying economy is still strong, the market hates the unknown and no one knows how long it will before this virus runs its course.

Millions of events are being canceled which will cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Once they begin to come back on-line so to speak, American's will be eager to get back to normal.

Pent up demand will be tremendous. Democrats I feel will be disappointed again as America recovers. But the real danger is the federal programs they will try and create out of this. And another ten years of ZIRP. Even in the best of times they yell for stimulus. Its what they do. There is never a time in America's history they said "things are looking good lets cut handouts".

Wow, that is uber optimistic from my point of view. I don’t think we will see new highs for at least 3 years. We haven’t even felt the economic impact from this yet, so I have a hard time seeing how we get to new highs this year. I suspect we are already in a recession.

I believe the recovery will be quick. This is not an economic pullback but rather a biological one. The underlying economy is still strong, the market hates the unknown and no one knows how long it will before this virus runs its course.

Millions of events are being canceled which will cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Once they begin to come back on-line so to speak, American's will be eager to get back to normal.

Pent up demand will be tremendous. Democrats I feel will be disappointed again as America recovers. But the real danger is the federal programs they will try and create out of this. And another ten years of ZIRP. Even in the best of times they yell for stimulus. Its what they do. There is never a time in America's history they said "things are looking good lets cut handouts".

I learned something a few Christmases ago from a cousin: There were no handouts b4 LBJ in 1961.

You either worked in America and made it, or starved.

I learned something a few Christmases ago from a cousin: There were no handouts b4 LBJ in 1961.

You either worked in America and made it, or starved.

War on Poverty year 55...and Democrats scream for more handouts. Will this war never end? (hint...nope) Its amazing to think that you and I have ancestors going back 250,000 years...who lived without the US federal government.

Are you living in a cave? Trump is the guy who has been screaming at the Fed to lower rates. There are times when being a partisan dip shit just doesn’t work. Do you have anything worthwhile to add that isn’t politically motivated?

You know, while people may be eager to get back out there when this thing starts to subside, the markets and the money aren't going to come back as quick as most think. Me? I generally go out 2 to 3 times per week to dine out, but I've been staying at home just to be safe. When this blows over, that doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and make up for all the meals I missed.

Sorry, but the recovery won't be as quick as most of you think it will.

You know, while people may be eager to get back out there when this thing starts to subside, the markets and the money aren't going to come back as quick as most think. Me? I generally go out 2 to 3 times per week to dine out, but I've been staying at home just to be safe. When this blows over, that doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and make up for all the meals I missed.

You hope...for some reason which I don't understand.

Are you living in a cave? Trump is the guy who has been screaming at the Fed to lower rates. There are times when being a partisan dip shit just doesn’t work. Do you have anything worthwhile to add that isn’t politically motivated?

The stock market will recover.The medical crisis will recede. Democrats will be depressed for a while as deaths drop off and the market stabilizes. But not long. Then they will start their hopeful braying about first quarter and second quarter GDP which absolutely will take a hit.

Black Swan events do this. And "never let a good crisis go to waste".

No, it isn't something that I'm hoping for, it's something that I'm stating as a fact. There are lots of places that I like to go to eat at, but unfortunately, that doesn't mean that I'm going to eat 4 times the amount of BBQ that I normally eat just because I missed a few weeks.

And, it's not just the bars and restaurants that are closing. Broadway is shut down, movie theaters are shutting down and lots of places in hot spots in this country are now being shuttered. Like I said, that is money that will never be brought back, no matter what the stock market does.

And, if it goes on long enough, it could kill many small businesses.

No, it isn't something that I'm hoping for, it's something that I'm stating as a fact. There are lots of places that I like to go to eat at, but unfortunately, that doesn't mean that I'm going to eat 4 times the amount of BBQ that I normally eat just because I missed a few weeks.

And, it's not just the bars and restaurants that are closing. Broadway is shut down, movie theaters are shutting down and lots of places in hot spots in this country are now being shuttered. Like I said, that is money that will never be brought back, no matter what the stock market does.

Yep, it will be hard, very hard. But, we'll bounce back, we always do.

Exactly one month ago today, the Dow reached it's all time high of 29,551.

It has fallen 28.25% since then.

We are going to need a fuck of a lot more than just hot gas emitting from Trump.

Only hot air is what's coming from your pie hole
so get your nose out of his butt

soon as you get your head out of your ass.View attachment 312091
At least mine is up my own Yours is up trumps ass At least you should ask him to take a shower first ,,your face is all brown

whats your answer ,stupid fuck biden

Just shut down the private beach here in Ft Lauderdale Take out and delivery service only

We are going to need a fuck of a lot more than just hot gas emitting from Trump.

Only hot air is what's coming from your pie hole
so get your nose out of his butt

soon as you get your head out of your ass.View attachment 312091
At least mine is up my own Yours is up trumps ass At least you should ask him to take a shower first ,,your face is all brown

whats your answer ,stupid fuck biden
You might not agree Nova but stupid fn Biden IMO would have reacted to this virus ,,listened to the scientists FAR FASTER than the stupid fn moron you support and btw so would have Hillary

Outside of this virus ,the greatest enemy we have are nitwits like you who believe Dems will be disappointed if America recovers I won't say here what you truly deserve ,,but use your vivid imagination

Maybe shutting down the DOW etc etc might help???

Might not be a bad idea. Seems like everytime Trump gets on television to tell us how great he's doing in handling the virus, the market drops yet again. Maybe just keep it closed (or Trump's mouth sewn shut) until the virus panic passes.

No, we don't need anything from Trump, or anyone.

All we need, is for this virus to burn itself out. People will build resistance, and the virus will die out.

Then everyone goes back to work, and the market will be back to where it was before.

This all will happen if government does absolutely nothing.

Most recession result from years of deeply rooted weak spots in the economy, that can take a long to time play out. In fact, every recession in the US has been the result of economic events such as monetary crisis, changes in international trade, runaway inflation, changes in government spending, commodity price increases such as oil, housing crisis, etc. This will be our first pandemic recession so looking at past recessions will not give us any real guidance as to where we are going.

This recession is due to one very clear cause which has nothing to do with the economy, fear of the outcome of the Cronovirus pandemic. Once those fears are gone, the economy will recover. Before that happens we need a reductions in the number of new cases and hopefully some much needed information about the virus. Once the end is insight the market should recovery rapidly with the economy not too far behind it.

Probably the greatest danger for the economy is news that the virus is seasonal and still no effective antivirals or vaccine on the near horizon. That would mean what we are seeing now would repeat itself with a change in season.

Forum List

Back