The feedback Alert system........

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Not as familiar with Xenfro as VB.... but I do know in VB you could set the Alert to flag ONLY when a person directly quoted you. You would not get an alert if your comment is merely one in a chain of quotes that is replied to.
Take this morning, I login and have 34 Alerts.
So I have to pour through them to figure out which ones are actual replies to ME and not someone else that my post is connected to.
Am I the only one that is annoyed by this?

If I have that many alerts, I just run away

What’s an alert?

A problem for us popular kids.

Hmm, since you brought it up- simple math shows you have about 66% positive ratings on your post. I on the other hand have over 97% positive ratings on mine. I guess I should be glad I am not as “popular” as you. You kinda stepped into that one, didn’t you?

Apparently I hit a little harder on the issues, yet maintain a high level of popularity. Its a gift...

I have no problem with you that I am aware of, try to have fun here m'kay?

What’s an alert?

Hmm, since you brought it up- simple math shows you have about 66% positive ratings on your post. I on the other hand have over 97% positive ratings on mine. I guess I should be glad I am not as “popular” as you. You kinda stepped into that one, didn’t you?

Apparently I hit a little harder on the issues, yet maintain a high level of popularity. Its a gift...

I am having fun. You jab me, I jab you. It’s all good. And as a show of goodwill, if you want some pointers on boosting your ratings I’d be happy to read your post before you post them and tweak them as needed.

What’s an alert?

I am having fun. You jab me, I jab you. It’s all good. And as a show of goodwill, if you want some pointers on boosting your ratings I’d be happy to read your post before you post them and tweak them as needed.

Sorry you are here for the ratings. :(

Gotta run there are a ton of alerts showing.

Last edited:
Not as familiar with Xenfro as VB.... but I do know in VB you could set the Alert to flag ONLY when a person directly quoted you. You would not get an alert if your comment is merely one in a chain of quotes that is replied to.
Take this morning, I login and have 34 Alerts.
So I have to pour through them to figure out which ones are actual replies to ME and not someone else that my post is connected to.
Am I the only one that is annoyed by this?
Lol! I sympathize but 34? That's nothing!

I'll make a few controversial posts in the morning, head out for the day, and when I get home sometimes there will be 60 or more notifications. Mostly people arguing over what I said rather than replying directly to me.

What’s an alert?

Sorry you are here for the ratings. :(

Gotta run there are a ton of alerts showing.

I gotta run too. Besides maintaining a rating nearly 50% higher than you, I also have a very full life outside of this forum. I guess it’s a gift.

Forum List

Back