The Failure of Gun Control Comes Home

Sadly, accidents happen. I know a family who lost their kid in a fire when their Christmas Tree went up in flames. The father was devastated because it was found that he used a "discount" extension chord that specifically said to never use for long periods of time.

Seeing as how you equate guns with extension cords (in terms of threats), lets conduct an experiment.

Lets put 50 loaded guns in a room with 50 extension cords of all types. Then lets let 10 children under the age of 5 in the room and see what happens.

How many kids will die or be injured by gun. And how many will die or be injured by extension cord.

What you think the results will be? Will the results be equal? Close to equal. What do you think will happen?

Actually I like this response better. You win that round Zeke. :beer:
Uh huh, you Communists/Progressives definitely aren't fighting to ban guns. Sure thing. We believe ya. ;)

Apparently all you have is infantile "is not!" and "I don't care what you say, I know what you really mean" over and over and over. Why don't you go start another thread about how The O'bama is raising gas prices.

Like you did here.

You assholes are trying to ban guns. I haven't said anything that isn't true. Period, end of story.

Right here, pal

And in this thread all you do is cup your hands over your ears, go "la la la" and make up your own script for what other people write. In short, fuck you.

Like i said, when you Communist/Progressive wankas say 'Gun Control', you actually mean a total Gun Ban. You're not foolin anyone. But you will be vigorously opposed. Bet on that.

See what I mean? :lalala: despite what's sitting right on the page. Loser.
Just like you do twisting news stories into shit they never

Like you did here

I haven't posted a damn word about "gun control". All you do is twist shit into what you wish woulda-coulda been said because you can't handle the truth.

Only thing worse than a Communist/Progressive, is a dishonest Communist/Progressive. And you obviously fall into the latter category. But hey like i said, anytime you little pussy farts wanna come try and take my firearms, i assure you i will be prepared. Capisce.

The strip is not "support". It's graphic illustration of what's already been stated.
As the saying goes -- read it and weep.
Actually, that's not true.

When you posted the strip, nothing like that had been stated in this thread. You posted the strip and made your comment. It was a graphic illustration of the point you were trying to make....but your only "proof" to support your point, was a comic strip.

I know many gun owners...and none that walk around in a trance saying "yes safe"....

They live their lives feeling more secure just as people with house alarms live their lives feeling safe.

Or do you believe that people are also entranced by the thought of safety thanks to their home alarms?

Uh.... I've been stating it since the day I came to this board, Bub. It was the hot issue of the time and the whole point of my being here.

Your going :lalala: around it doesn't change that.
What was the point of the grossly inaccurate graphic then?

There's nothing "inaccurate" about it; it sums up exactly what's going on in mass cultural mentality, expressed (in this version) as a hypnosis, which I find it an astute metaphor.

His point about 'home alarms' is of course wildly off the mark as comparison, as we don't have a 'home alarm fetish'. I think his defensive counterstrike shows that the comic strip did indeed touch a nerve.

And that's good. That's why I'm here.
It is your opinion that we have a "gun fetish"....but it is by no means a fact. So all you have to support your theory that we have a "gun fetish" is a comic strip.....but as I have said, I have not seen anyone walking the streets in a trance saying "yes, safe" with their eyes in a stare as the comic strip depicts.
So all you have to support your theory is a comic strip.
Which is exactly what I said in my first post.
And your comic strip did not touch a nerve as you seem to want to believe. It simply showed me how weak you are in your position and I capitalized on it.

Once again, the comic is neither a basis for that view nor a "documentation" of it. It's a simple semi-satirical depiction of what's already been stated (which is why it comes last), in the form of example with human characters. It's a simple art from that illustrates, "look, here's how it works in everyday life".

It's stupefying that I actually have to spell out something so basic as how a comic works but that's where burying your head in Denial gets you.

Sadly, accidents happen. I know a family who lost their kid in a fire when their Christmas Tree went up in flames. The father was devastated because it was found that he used a "discount" extension chord that specifically said to never use for long periods of time.

Seeing as how you equate guns with extension cords (in terms of threats), lets conduct an experiment.

Lets put 50 loaded guns in a room with 50 extension cords of all types. Then lets let 10 children under the age of 5 in the room and see what happens.

How many kids will die or be injured by gun. And how many will die or be injured by extension cord.

What you think the results will be? Will the results be equal? Close to equal. What do you think will happen?

Apparently all you have is infantile "is not!" and "I don't care what you say, I know what you really mean" over and over and over. Why don't you go start another thread about how The O'bama is raising gas prices.

Like you did here.

You assholes are trying to ban guns. I haven't said anything that isn't true. Period, end of story.

Right here, pal

And in this thread all you do is cup your hands over your ears, go "la la la" and make up your own script for what other people write. In short, fuck you.

Like i said, when you Communist/Progressive wankas say 'Gun Control', you actually mean a total Gun Ban. You're not foolin anyone. But you will be vigorously opposed. Bet on that.

Like you did here

I haven't posted a damn word about "gun control". All you do is twist shit into what you wish woulda-coulda been said because you can't handle the truth.

Only thing worse than a Communist/Progressive, is a dishonest Communist/Progressive. And you obviously fall into the latter category. But hey like i said, anytime you little pussy farts wanna come try and take my firearms, i assure you i will be prepared. Capisce.

As I've already linked above, you're in no position to talk "dishonest". You can't quote anything in your childish little fantasy, you just make shit up despite anything happening in the real world.

Like you also did here.

Hey, keep it up Denialist. I've got plenty more. You're a steady contributor to TBB. I can prove you a serial liar all damn day. :eusa_whistle:

Right here, pal

Like you did here

As I've already linked above, you're in no position to talk "dishonest". You can't quote anything in your childish little fantasy, you just make shit up despite anything happening in the real world.

Like you also did here.

Hey, keep it up Denialist. I've got plenty more. You're a steady contributor to TBB. I can prove you a serial liar all damn day. :eusa_whistle:

Uh huh sure, you Communist/Progressive wankas just keep on pushing your 'Gun Control.' But we all know what you mean when you demand more 'Gun Control.' Your ultimate goal is to ban guns all-together. You really aren't foolin anyone.

But when it comes down to it, you little pussy farts don't have the balls to come try and take my firearms. So you're gonna try to get the Gestapo to do it for ya. But i'm prepared, and so are Millions of other Americans. We will continue to fight for the Constitution.

Right here, pal.

Like you did here

Like you also did here.

Uh huh sure, you Communist/Progressive wankas just keep on pushing your 'Gun Control.' But we all know what you mean when you demand more 'Gun Control.' Your ultimate goal is to ban guns all-together. You really aren't foolin anyone.

But when it comes down to it, you little pussy farts don't have the balls to come try and take my firearms. So you're gonna try to get the Gestapo to do it for ya. But i'm prepared, and so are Millions of other Americans. We will continue to fight for the Constitution.

:lalala:

Link to where I even mentioned "gun control" at all except to define the word and declare it doesn't work, is ........ where?

:eusa_whistle:

Well?

smiley-fingertap-gigi.gif

What's that?

ummm-smiley-emoticon.gif

Anything?

impatient.gif

Exactly. You're a fucking liar, QED.

Hey at least when the cops kill you, you won't have to worry about those income taxes anymore. LAMO.
Win win.

Hey at least when the cops kill you, you won't have to worry about those income taxes anymore. LAMO.
Win win.

Those of us who aren't lazy Entitlement douches like you, will always worry about Income Taxes. And like i said, anytime you're ready to come for my firearms, go for it. I'll be waiting. :)

Why would anyone need a "modern assault rifle" for either self defense or hunting?
The bold makes the rest of your statement meaningless. No one 'needs' to justify why they want to exercise a right. The onus is on those that want to restrict it to justify why the restriction is needed.

If you want to restrict speech or religious practice you do not go to the one with the right and ask why they need it at that particular time, place or capacity. You must show cause and need to RESTRICT - not practice - that right.

Turtle said anyone that WANTS. That is all that is required - the desire to exercise a particular right.

So under the 2nd Amendment you or I should be able to purchase a nuclear armed ICBM under that illogical rationale of yours.
Red herring fallacy noted! Rabbi Rules!

FA_Q2 stated that all anyone has to do under 2A is merely "want" a nuclear ICBM and they must be allowed to have one because there is no "need" to justify having one.

Please try and keep up with the rest of the class.
I did? how about you bother to quote that.

I know you understand what you are doing here Derido - you are not one of the class idiots. Face the facts that have been presented.

Here you go!

The Failure of Gun Control Comes Home Page 10 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

No one 'needs' to justify why they want to exercise a right.
Turtle said anyone that WANTS. That is all that is required - the desire to exercise a particular right

Now start 'splaining because you did dig this hole for yourself.

The bold makes the rest of your statement meaningless. No one 'needs' to justify why they want to exercise a right. The onus is on those that want to restrict it to justify why the restriction is needed.

If you want to restrict speech or religious practice you do not go to the one with the right and ask why they need it at that particular time, place or capacity. You must show cause and need to RESTRICT - not practice - that right.

Turtle said anyone that WANTS. That is all that is required - the desire to exercise a particular right.

So under the 2nd Amendment you or I should be able to purchase a nuclear armed ICBM under that illogical rationale of yours.

FA_Q2 stated that all anyone has to do under 2A is merely "want" a nuclear ICBM and they must be allowed to have one because there is no "need" to justify having one.

I know you understand what you are doing here Derido - you are not one of the class idiots. Face the facts that have been presented.

Here you go!

The Failure of Gun Control Comes Home Page 10 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Turtle said anyone that WANTS. That is all that is required - the desire to exercise a particular right

Did your child get ahold of your account?

I stated: the desire to exercise a particular right

Then you said: 2A is merely "want" a nuclear ICBM

Nope, not the same statement whatsoever. Not even in the same realm. Get off your logical fallacy and actually make a damn point.

The few shootings we do have is the cost we endure for freedom

Yea, I was just reading a little more about the 5yo who shot and killed his little brother. Yesterday I thought I was moms pistol. Today I find out it was her Dad's pistol.
She was visiting her Dad and did not know that her Dad (who had taught her gun safety growing up) had taken to leaving a loaded pistol in his bedroom. The young kid had been laid down to nap in Grandpa's bedroom. The 5yo found the gun and the rest is nothing but a sad story.

Kid dead.
Brother devastated for the rest of his life.
Grandpa a fucking mental wreck because he lost his grandson and his daughter. And probably his sanity.

Gramps now say he wishes he didn't have a loaded pistol laying around.
Even the Sheriff says its not a good idea to have loaded guns and young kids together.

But to you go, all this heartbreak and anguish is just a price to be paid for freedom eh? Fuck you.
:badgrin:

Wonder if ANY of you gun nutters want to put your young kids life at risk by participating in my experiments involving 50 guns, 50 sets of car keys with cars outside or 50 extension cords.

Surely one of you will feel that the risk is so minimal that, sure, their 5 yo could go in that room and come out fine.
You would even bet your kids life on it.

I can't believe you folks would be, or are such terrible parents.

BTW- Do you let your 5 year old kid walk across the 405 FWY at night? I will go out on a limb here and say you wouldn't. So why would you want to put a 5 year old kid in a room of loaded guns? It's a parent problem... The parent....

-Geaux

Liberal Hollywood makes big cash off guns, just one of the many examples of liberal hypocrisy.

You got that right. Was stuck watching a bunch of previews and every one had guns and shooting. They hate guns except when they make them $$$$. They are probably more pro gun than the nra.
They are making money. It is non-political. They are businesses making money, private enterprise, capitalism. The RW should be supporting them.

They don't expect anyone to take it seriously. It is entertainment. Action movies have plenty of car crashes too. Do you think they advocate car crashes?

Only right wing gun nuts take the role of guns in movies to the level of the role of guns in real life. They mimic what they see in the moves and truly believe that a 'real man' and a true 'tough guy' needs to have a firearm. Fools.

its too bad criminals do not target only anti gun sheeple for rape and robbery

Liberal Hollywood makes big cash off guns, just one of the many examples of liberal hypocrisy.

You got that right. Was stuck watching a bunch of previews and every one had guns and shooting. They hate guns except when they make them $$$$. They are probably more pro gun than the nra.
They are making money. It is non-political. They are businesses making money, private enterprise, capitalism. The RW should be supporting them.

They don't expect anyone to take it seriously. It is entertainment. Action movies have plenty of car crashes too. Do you think they advocate car crashes?

Only right wing gun nuts take the role of guns in movies to the level of the role of guns in real life. They mimic what they see in the moves and truly believe that a 'real man' and a true 'tough guy' needs to have a firearm. Fools.

It's too bad you think everybody doesn't see through this thinly veiled wish for "rape and robbery" to be visited upon a poster you disagree with.

You're a ballless coward and a synaptically-challenged pissant.

Wonder if ANY of you gun nutters want to put your young kids life at risk by participating in my experiments involving 50 guns, 50 sets of car keys with cars outside or 50 extension cords.

Surely one of you will feel that the risk is so minimal that, sure, their 5 yo could go in that room and come out fine.
You would even bet your kids life on it.

I can't believe you folks would be, or are such terrible parents.

BTW- Do you let your 5 year old kid walk across the 405 FWY at night? I will go out on a limb here and say you wouldn't. So why would you want to put a 5 year old kid in a room of loaded guns? It's a parent problem... The parent....

-Geaux

Comparison falls flat. Your version puts kids in the harm's way of existing kinetic energy. And that wasn't what he said at all.

-- Stoppe

It's too bad you think everybody doesn't see through this thinly veiled wish for "rape and robbery" to be visited upon a poster you disagree with.

my pet cat would have no problem with a fairy like you

yeah and I do wish that those who want honest people disarmed would be the victims of choice of rapists and robbers

gun banners would get a most useful lesson in reality

(who had taught her gun safety growing up)

since when is 5 years old grown up

Reading comprehension problem eh? The young woman whos kid was killed. Her Dad taught her gun safety. Then he got so scared (right wing fear mongering?) that he forgot all about gun safety and had to leave a loaded pistol where a grand kid could get their hands on it.

Let the tragedy begin again.

I absolutely fucking guarantee that there are kids in a house with a loaded gun in the house that the kid can get their hands on.

Anyone ever see an NRA public service announcement telling gun owners to lock up the damn guns if there are kids in the house at any time? Show it to me if its out there.

dude at 5 no kid has gun safety down

get a life ya fucking loser

Here you go!

Did your child get ahold of your account?

I stated: the desire to exercise a particular right

Then you said: 2A is merely "want" a nuclear ICBM

Nope, not the same statement whatsoever. Not even in the same realm. Get off your logical fallacy and actually make a damn point.

No logical fallacy at all. Just pointing out the absurdity of your "justification". In essence there is no limit to what anyone "wants" but 2A doesn't cover your "right" to own an ICBM no matter how much you might "want" one. You don't have such a right under 2A.

my pet cat would have no problem with a fairy like you

yeah and I do wish that those who want honest people disarmed would be the victims of choice of rapists and robbers

gun banners would get a most useful lesson in reality

The reality is that very few people need a gun for defense. If you are not involved in criminal activity it is extremely unlikely.

Forum List

Back