OBOMINATION: Gas Price Record Worsens: 1,245 Days Above $3 a Gallon...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Food & Gas Prices are soaring. So tell me again how the Dear Leader is saving the World?

Memorial Day weekend drivers will continue to take a hit as gasoline prices remain high.

May 20 marks the 1,245th straight day that the national average for a gallon of regular gasoline costs more than $3 a gallon, according to AAA data. That's nearly three-and-a-half years above $3 a gallon.

USA Today reported last September that, for the first time ever, gas prices had been higher than $3 a gallon for 1,000 consecutive days - beginning Dec. 23, 2010, through Sept. 17, 2013. Unfortunately, that awful record streak of sustained highs has not been broken. Gas prices dipped in the fall, down to $3.179 (Nov. 12), but surged again.

The national average on May 20, 2014, for regular gas was $3.642 a gallon, slightly less than the $3.653 a gallon average one year earlier.

On May 18, USA Today turned to the issue of gas prices again writing that "rumors about the demise of U.S. gasoline demand have been greatly exaggerated." Javier E. David of CNBC wrote for USA Today that international factors were keeping prices high and "defied the gravitational pull" of factors "that should blunt demand."

AAA's Memorial Day forecast predicted 31.8 million people will be driving over the holiday and that gas prices will be "relatively similar" to where they were Memorial Day 2013.

ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news shows haven't spent much time on gas prices, lately. A Nexis search yielded only 11 stories mentioning what was going on with gas prices in the past three months.

Gas Price Record Worsens: 1,245 Days above $3 a Gallon | CNS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

You want $1 gasoline? :lol:

Much as I hate Obama he's got nothing to do with gas $

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

Yes and no......Market forces are far more influential. However, the sitting president's energy policy is significant as well.
And this president's energy policy is adversarial to fossil fuels.

You want $1 gasoline? :lol:

Much as I hate Obama he's got nothing to do with gas $

Yes and no......Market forces are far more influential. However, the sitting president's energy policy is significant as well.

And this president's energy policy is adversarial to fossil fuels.

If domestic oil production were higher today due to more Federal lands being opened to E&P, we would have more $100/barrel oil on the market.

Nor was Clinton responsible for $1 gasoline. His failure was in not lifting a goddamn finger in protecting a domestic industry against the foreign dumping of a commodity at below production cost.

Simple. Make gasoline and oil illegal to trade on the market and cap prices at 0.45 cents above taxes.

Capping prices through some central mandate negatively affects supply and demand. This has been tried and always fails.

You mean illegal collusion? The oil companies? Say it ain't so.....:badgrin:

Hint: There is no such thing as supply and demand in monopolies.

Simple. Make gasoline and oil illegal to trade on the market and cap prices at 0.45 cents above taxes.

Capping prices through some central mandate negatively affects supply and demand. This has been tried and always fails.

You mean illegal collusion? The oil companies? Say it ain't so.....:badgrin:

Hint: There is no such thing as supply and demand in monopolies.

If there were one oil company I would agree. There are hundreds.

Failitician must be in competition with ShitInMySpeedos for stupidest threads.

Presidents don't have an influence on gas prices, dumbass.

I doubt we will ever see anything below 3.00 a gallon again..
Food & Gas Prices are soaring. So tell me again how the Dear Leader is saving the World?

Memorial Day weekend drivers will continue to take a hit as gasoline prices remain high.

May 20 marks the 1,245th straight day that the national average for a gallon of regular gasoline costs more than $3 a gallon, according to AAA data. That's nearly three-and-a-half years above $3 a gallon.

USA Today reported last September that, for the first time ever, gas prices had been higher than $3 a gallon for 1,000 consecutive days - beginning Dec. 23, 2010, through Sept. 17, 2013. Unfortunately, that awful record streak of sustained highs has not been broken. Gas prices dipped in the fall, down to $3.179 (Nov. 12), but surged again.

The national average on May 20, 2014, for regular gas was $3.642 a gallon, slightly less than the $3.653 a gallon average one year earlier.

On May 18, USA Today turned to the issue of gas prices again writing that "rumors about the demise of U.S. gasoline demand have been greatly exaggerated." Javier E. David of CNBC wrote for USA Today that international factors were keeping prices high and "defied the gravitational pull" of factors "that should blunt demand."

AAA's Memorial Day forecast predicted 31.8 million people will be driving over the holiday and that gas prices will be "relatively similar" to where they were Memorial Day 2013.

ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news shows haven't spent much time on gas prices, lately. A Nexis search yielded only 11 stories mentioning what was going on with gas prices in the past three months.

Gas Price Record Worsens: 1,245 Days above $3 a Gallon | CNS News
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Failitician must be in competition with ShitInMySpeedos for stupidest threads.

Presidents don't have an influence on gas prices, dumbass.

Yeah you guys say that but when Bush was office they blamed him for gas prices ALL the time .. Including those in Washington AND!!! INCLUDING OBAMA

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back