The Failure of Gun Control Comes Home

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
We need gun control, say the libs.
Look at the crime rate in France, say the libs.
It works over there, it'll work here, say the libs,

In one or two days all of that has been wiped away. The Muslim assholes who attacked Charlie Hebdo and the kosher grocery were armed with RPGs, AKs, and other goodies, generally not even available in this country, much less to the average Frenchman. The only ones not armed were the good guys, a/k/a the victims of their attacks.

At least now some Jews are getting hte idea that being defenseless and dependent on how fast police can react is a recipe for more dead Jews.
Europe s Leading Rabbi Jews Must Begin Carrying Guns Washington Free Beacon

"Gun control" is neither our problem nor our solution.

Gun fetishism -- that's our problem.

TMW2014-02-26colorlarge-copy1.jpg

Liberal Hollywood makes big cash off guns, just one of the many examples of liberal hypocrisy.

Hollywood sure does, and TV makes even more. Including commercial "news". You prolly can't get through a day of TV without at least 20-50 gun violence incidents, real and fictitious.

But none of those are political entities. They're commercial entities. As such their objective is to make profits, and in the milieu of what they do you make profits by graphically scaring and outraging people. Nobody ever made a profit by following some political ideology.

Life in Duh Bubble... it's hard to fathom.
shakehead.gif

In one or two days all of that has been wiped away. The Muslim assholes who attacked Charlie Hebdo and the kosher grocery were armed with RPGs, AKs, and other goodies, generally not even available in this country, much less to the average Frenchman. The only ones not armed were the good guys, a/k/a the victims of their attacks.

At least now some Jews are getting hte idea that being defenseless and dependent on how fast police can react is a recipe for more dead Jews.
Had proper gun control been in place they would have needed to use a bat or a knife. And no, we have no plans to ban bats or knives, since they are dual-purpose, to say the least, while a gun is only for killing things, human things often enough.

Last edited:

You gun people never let a tragedy go to waste.

I guess france should look at us with our much more frequent mass shootings and higher homicide rate and want to be like us?

Liberal Hollywood makes big cash off guns, just one of the many examples of liberal hypocrisy.

You got that right. Was stuck watching a bunch of previews and every one had guns and shooting. They hate guns except when they make them $$$$. They are probably more pro gun than the nra.

Had proper gun control been in place they would have needed to use a bat or a knife. And no, we have no plans to ban bats or knives, since they are dual-purpose, to say the least, while a gun is only for killing thing, human things often enough.
Tell me what gun control policy would have prevented those shootings. You understand the weapons used are already TOTALLY BANNED in France, right? I mean like no one except the government can own them. Are you for disarming the govt?

Had proper gun control been in place they would have needed to use a bat or a knife. And no, we have no plans to ban bats or knives, since they are dual-purpose, to say the least, while a gun is only for killing thing, human things often enough.
Tell me what gun control policy would have prevented those shootings. You understand the weapons used are already TOTALLY BANNED in France, right? I mean like no one except the government can own them. Are you for disarming the govt?

Nothing is going to stop every incident. But compared to some of the shootings we have had it wasn't that big. And given they have a lower homicide rate I don't think france wants to turn into us.

Nothing is going to stop every incident. But compared to some of the shootings we have had it wasn't that big. And given they have a lower homicide rate I don't think france wants to turn into us.
What is an acceptable level of victimhood to you?

You got that right. Was stuck watching a bunch of previews and every one had guns and shooting. They hate guns except when they make them $$$$. They are probably more pro gun than the nra.

I don't do movies myself, not my thing. But having roommates in the past who did and hearing-but-not-watching the soundtrack I determined that almost all Hollywood drivel is made up of just three elements:

1. Gunshots and explosions;
  2. Car chases;
  3. Women (and children) screaming.
String together with meaningless bullshit dialogue, rotate special effects at random, repeat ad nausuem.

It's base emotional fodder to sell flicks. And sadly, it works.

What is an acceptable level of victimhood to you?

It's much higher here than there and they have more gun control. Are you suggesting they be more like us with many more killings?

I'm for disarming nearly everyone. Almost no one in a modern society will ever have a need for a gun.

I don't do movies myself, not my thing. But having roommates in the past who did and hearing-but-not-watching the soundtrack I determined that almost all Hollywood drivel is made up of just three elements:

1. Gunshots and explosions;
  2. Car chases;
  3. Women (and children) screaming.
String together with meaningless bullshit dialogue, rotate special effects at random, repeat ad nausuem.

It's base emotional fodder to sell flicks. And sadly, it works.

Yes I don't catch too many movies anymore. I tend to think it is mostly crap.

Hollywood sure does, and TV makes even more. Including commercial "news". You prolly can't get through a day of TV without at least 20-50 gun violence incidents, real and fictitious.

But none of those are political entities. They're commercial entities. As such their objective is to make profits, and in the milieu of what they do you make profits by graphically scaring and outraging people. Nobody ever made a profit by following some political ideology.

Life in Duh Bubble... it's hard to fathom.
shakehead.gif

Oh please maybe that BS sells among the liberal base but it doesn't pass the smell test here. I wonder how much blood liberals have on their hands pushing out movies glorifying gang gun violence?

This is why I say pay no attention to what liberals say, pay attention to what liberals do.

Forum List

Back