The Failure of Gun Control Comes Home

The few shootings we do have is the cost we endure for freedom

Yea, I was just reading a little more about the 5yo who shot and killed his little brother. Yesterday I thought I was moms pistol. Today I find out it was her Dad's pistol.
She was visiting her Dad and did not know that her Dad (who had taught her gun safety growing up) had taken to leaving a loaded pistol in his bedroom. The young kid had been laid down to nap in Grandpa's bedroom. The 5yo found the gun and the rest is nothing but a sad story.

Kid dead.
Brother devastated for the rest of his life.
Grandpa a fucking mental wreck because he lost his grandson and his daughter. And probably his sanity.

Gramps now say he wishes he didn't have a loaded pistol laying around.
Even the Sheriff says its not a good idea to have loaded guns and young kids together.

But to you go, all this heartbreak and anguish is just a price to be paid for freedom eh? Fuck you.

Yea, I was just reading a little more about the 5yo who shot and killed his little brother. Yesterday I thought I was moms pistol. Today I find out it was her Dad's pistol.
She was visiting her Dad and did not know that her Dad (who had taught her gun safety growing up) had taken to leaving a loaded pistol in his bedroom. The young kid had been laid down to nap in Grandpa's bedroom. The 5yo found the gun and the rest is nothing but a sad story.

Kid dead.
Grandpa a fucking mental wreck because he lost his grandson and his daughter. And probably his sanity.

Even the Sheriff says its not a good idea to have loaded guns and young kids together.

But to you go, all this heartbreak and anguish is just a price to be paid for freedom eh? Fuck you.
Sadly, accidents happen. I know a family who lost their kid in a fire when their Christmas Tree went up in flames. The father was devastated because it was found that he used a "discount" extension chord that specifically said to never use for long periods of time. It sux.....but do we ban extension chords? Ban Christmas trees? Yes,that guy with the loaded made a mistake and now he and the rest of his family have to suffer for it. But that is by no means the norm.

How so? A complete gun ban is your goal. It has always has been for you Communists.

the people most wanting gun bans are generally those most likely to engage in activities that would cause patriotic americans to shoot them

child molesters
robbers
rapists
power hungry dictators
rogue storm troopers

Criminals are law breakers, yet gungrabnazis think criminals will comply with gun control laws.

Crazy.

Whew. And I thought it was gonna be tough finding another one. Took ten seconds.
Summa y'all just take turns throwing the same blanket strawman up and then expect different results.

Crazy.

:dig:

Uh huh, you Communists/Progressives definitely aren't fighting to ban guns. Sure thing. We believe ya. ;)

Apparently all you have is infantile "is not!" and "I don't care what you say, I know what you really mean" over and over and over. Why don't you go start another thread about how The O'bama is raising gas prices.

Like you did here.

You assholes are trying to ban guns. I haven't said anything that isn't true. Period, end of story.

the people most wanting gun bans are generally those most likely to engage in activities that would cause patriotic americans to shoot them

child molesters
robbers
rapists
power hungry dictators
rogue storm troopers

Criminals are law breakers, yet gungrabnazis think criminals will comply with gun control laws.

Crazy.

Whew. And I thought it was gonna be tough finding another one. Took ten seconds.
Summa y'all just take turns throwing the same blanket strawman up and then expect different results.

Crazy.

Uh huh, you Communists/Progressives definitely aren't fighting to ban guns. Sure thing. We believe ya. ;)

Apparently all you have is infantile "is not!" and "I don't care what you say, I know what you really mean" over and over and over. Why don't you go start another thread about how The O'bama is raising gas prices.

Like you did here.

You assholes are trying to ban guns. I haven't said anything that isn't true. Period, end of story.

Right here, pal

And in this thread all you do is cup your hands over your ears, go "la la la" and make up your own script for what other people write. In short, fuck you.

Sadly, accidents happen. I know a family who lost their kid in a fire when their Christmas Tree went up in flames. The father was devastated because it was found that he used a "discount" extension chord that specifically said to never use for long periods of time.

Seeing as how you equate guns with extension cords (in terms of threats), lets conduct an experiment.

Lets put 50 loaded guns in a room with 50 extension cords of all types. Then lets let 10 children under the age of 5 in the room and see what happens.

How many kids will die or be injured by gun. And how many will die or be injured by extension cord.

What you think the results will be? Will the results be equal? Close to equal. What do you think will happen?

Kid dead.

Sadly, accidents happen. I know a family who lost their kid in a fire when their Christmas Tree went up in flames. The father was devastated because it was found that he used a "discount" extension chord that specifically said to never use for long periods of time. It sux.....but do we ban extension chords? Ban Christmas trees? Yes,that guy with the loaded made a mistake and now he and the rest of his family have to suffer for it. But that is by no means the norm.

This fails as a "ban cars" fallacy. Once again, extension cords aren't made to pick people off from behind a bush.

Hell you could hang yourself with one if you wanted to. Hint hint.

Sadly, accidents happen. I know a family who lost their kid in a fire when their Christmas Tree went up in flames. The father was devastated because it was found that he used a "discount" extension chord that specifically said to never use for long periods of time.

Seeing as how you equate guns with extension cords (in terms of threats), lets conduct an experiment.

Lets put 50 loaded guns in a room with 50 extension cords of all types. Then lets let 10 children under the age of 5 in the room and see what happens.

How many kids will die or be injured by gun. And how many will die or be injured by extension cord.

What you think the results will be? Will the results be equal? Close to equal. What do you think will happen?

Actually I like this response better. You win that round Zeke. :beer:

Crazy.

Crazy.

Like you did here.

Right here, pal

And in this thread all you do is cup your hands over your ears, go "la la la" and make up your own script for what other people write. In short, fuck you.

Like i said, when you Communist/Progressive wankas say 'Gun Control', you actually mean a total Gun Ban. You're not foolin anyone. But you will be vigorously opposed. Bet on that.

(who had taught her gun safety growing up)

since when is 5 years old grown up

Reading comprehension problem eh? The young woman whos kid was killed. Her Dad taught her gun safety. Then he got so scared (right wing fear mongering?) that he forgot all about gun safety and had to leave a loaded pistol where a grand kid could get their hands on it.

Let the tragedy begin again.

I absolutely fucking guarantee that there are kids in a house with a loaded gun in the house that the kid can get their hands on.

Anyone ever see an NRA public service announcement telling gun owners to lock up the damn guns if there are kids in the house at any time? Show it to me if its out there.

Actually I like this response better. You win that round Zeke. :beer:

Crazy.

Like you did here.

Right here, pal

Like i said, when you Communist/Progressive wankas say 'Gun Control', you actually mean a total Gun Ban. You're not foolin anyone. But you will be vigorously opposed. Bet on that.

See what I mean? :lalala: despite what's sitting right on the page. Loser.
Just like you do twisting news stories into shit they never

Like you did here

I haven't posted a damn word about "gun control". All you do is twist shit into what you wish woulda-coulda been said because you can't handle the truth.

This fails as a "ban cars" fallacy. Once again, extension cords aren't made to pick people off from behind a bush.

How about this experiment. 50 loaded hand guns in a room along with 50 sets of car keys with the cars outside.
Another 10 kids under 5 in the room.

What will the results be. Will those kids rush to the car keys to go driving. Or grab that gun thing that they see on tv and see what that's all about?

Gun nutters say it will be the keys they go for. Cause everyone knows those car are just like guns. Deadly.

Werent the first cops to respond in France armed?

Americans are armed and yet it hasnt stopped shootings and crimes here. So yeah France be like us?...More guns and more shootings?

Disarm America and there will be more shootings as you don't know the impact an armed society currently has. IOW, things could be worse if society wasn't armed.

I like my odds

-Geaux

See that (bold)?
That's exactly what my cartoon said. Almost verbatim. Now tell me it didn't hit the nail square on the head.

How about this experiment. 50 loaded hand guns in a room along with 50 sets of car keys with the cars outside.
Another 10 kids under 5 in the room.

What will the results be. Will those kids rush to the car keys to go driving. Or grab that gun thing that they see on tv and see what that's all about?

Gun nutters say it will be the keys they go for. Cause everyone knows those car are just like guns. Deadly.

Exactly. I like the way you think.

And that thing they see on TV, and in every movie and video game, and even their toys and even their comic books, is reiterated dozens if not hundreds of times every day from every angle in every kind of imagery.

But we need to remember, "we don't have a gun culture". :bs1:

Wonder if ANY of you gun nutters want to put your young kids life at risk by participating in my experiments involving 50 guns, 50 sets of car keys with cars outside or 50 extension cords.

Surely one of you will feel that the risk is so minimal that, sure, their 5 yo could go in that room and come out fine.
You would even bet your kids life on it.

Liberal Hollywood makes big cash off guns, just one of the many examples of liberal hypocrisy.

You got that right. Was stuck watching a bunch of previews and every one had guns and shooting. They hate guns except when they make them $$$$. They are probably more pro gun than the nra.
They are making money. It is non-political. They are businesses making money, private enterprise, capitalism. The RW should be supporting them.

They don't expect anyone to take it seriously. It is entertainment. Action movies have plenty of car crashes too. Do you think they advocate car crashes?

Only right wing gun nuts take the role of guns in movies to the level of the role of guns in real life. They mimic what they see in the moves and truly believe that a 'real man' and a true 'tough guy' needs to have a firearm. Fools.

Indeed so. That line between the real and the imaginary seems more than a bit blurry to some. That's readily evident right here in the posts on this board. As I just repeatedly demonstrated to Failitician. It's the same self-imposed blind spot that brings them to the point where they can post "we don't have a gun culture" with a straight face.

Liberal Hollywood makes big cash off guns, just one of the many examples of liberal hypocrisy.

You got that right. Was stuck watching a bunch of previews and every one had guns and shooting. They hate guns except when they make them $$$$. They are probably more pro gun than the nra.
They are making money. It is non-political. They are businesses making money, private enterprise, capitalism. The RW should be supporting them.

They don't expect anyone to take it seriously. It is entertainment. Action movies have plenty of car crashes too. Do you think they advocate car crashes?

Only right wing gun nuts take the role of guns in movies to the level of the role of guns in real life. They mimic what they see in the moves and truly believe that a 'real man' and a true 'tough guy' needs to have a firearm. Fools.

I think many kids do also. They don't own guns yet of course, but they idolize these gun toting heroes in the movies.
As kids they may. But they grow up, and those with sense realize what they see in the movies is not reality.

I think many kids do also. They don't own guns yet of course, but they idolize these gun toting heroes in the movies.

The comparison is poignant. It is kind of childish to live in a fantasy world. I think that's the whole point.

Exactly. I like the way you think.

I (and my wife) were so concerned about having my guns in the house when my kids were young that not only did I keep the guns in a gun safe. I stored the ammo in a different location.

I also had two American Bulldogs for my early warning threat deterrent. It is a fine system of home defense.

Forum List

Back