The Failure of Gun Control Comes Home

Wow, a study of three whole cities. That would not be trying to make the data fit preconceived notions now, would it?

Crossfire s S.E. Cupp cites CDC on armed citizen safety gun control laws and buybacks PolitiFact

I see nothing wrong with the study and frankly it's common sense. If you are going to escalate a situation with a gun then if the criminal is armed you are just as likely to be shot as he is.

No I'm not. I'm fairly confident I have far more training in the use of firearms than your average dysfunctional loser of a thug. IOW, their odds are not very good if they choose me to be a government sanctioned victim

-Geaux

Hey good luck to you with that. But usually the criminal is going to have the advantage as he will probably have his gun out before you know what's happening.

Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself and the future dead thug. Interesting how you minimize training. Shows your ignorance.

-Geaux

There are 80 million gun owners out there. How many of them have had any training? Even well trained cops miss at close range. Look at how many time Wilson missed in Ferguson and it was broad daylight with no one shooting at him either. Try doing that in the middle of the night when you are half asleep and are fumbling to take off the safety and aren't even sure where the intruder is in the dark.
most cops have a pathetic amount of training compared to other civilians with CCW licenses. That a is why cops are far more likely to miss and hit an innocent compared to a non-LEO civilian

No I'm not. I'm fairly confident I have far more training in the use of firearms than your average dysfunctional loser of a thug. IOW, their odds are not very good if they choose me to be a government sanctioned victim

-Geaux

Hey good luck to you with that. But usually the criminal is going to have the advantage as he will probably have his gun out before you know what's happening.

Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself and the future dead thug. Interesting how you minimize training. Shows your ignorance.

-Geaux

There are 80 million gun owners out there. How many of them have had any training? Even well trained cops miss at close range. Look at how many time Wilson missed in Ferguson and it was broad daylight with no one shooting at him either. Try doing that in the middle of the night when you are half asleep and are fumbling to take off the safety and aren't even sure where the intruder is in the dark.

Again, many civilians such as myself have far more training than your average LEO. It's a give. And thank you for pointing out why at times standard 15 round magazines are required.

-Geaux

I very much doubt that you are any better than the average yahoo shooting at beer cans in your back yard. The reality is that no one can accurately simulate what it is like to be woken in the middle of the night to find an intruder in your room holding a gun on you. Furthermore even the "average LEO" knows that in that situation reaching for your gun would be the dumbest move you could make. From 20' away someone with a knife could stab you to death before you could draw, aim and fire your own weapon.

Your Hollywood fantasies are why gun fetishists like you end up in body bags.
twits like you demonstrate why anyone who supports their constitutional rights know that gun banning assholes cannot be trusted, Your hatred is for honest gun owners-not armed criminals and your desire is to harass honest gun owners is what motivates you

most cops have a pathetic amount of training compared to other civilians with CCW licenses.

Ahha another gun nutter fantasy. Yea the 12 hours, or is it down to 8 now, of classroom and range training is sure more than the cops get.
Every fucking gun nutter know that.

So you ADMIT most shootings are with unlawful guns used by criminals, yet you want to restrict lawful firearms from citizens that have never committed a crime?

I've not said that.
Read your quoted post you said most shootings are in gang related incidents are you now claim gang members are not criminals?

Where the fuck did he say that?
Strawman much?
Your post you sure did say it, you claimed Brain never said most shootings are gang related.

You're about to be reported, asshole.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

only asshole fucktard liberscum report other posters, if you can not handle the truth, get the fuck out of here and join the pussies.com !!

:fu: ........ retarded ......... :asshole: !!!!!

or you could do this:dig: jump in and pull the dirt in on top of yourworthlessfuckingself :up: ... :up: ... :lmao:

I see nothing wrong with the study and frankly it's common sense. If you are going to escalate a situation with a gun then if the criminal is armed you are just as likely to be shot as he is.

-Geaux

-Geaux

most cops have a pathetic amount of training compared to other civilians with CCW licenses. That a is why cops are far more likely to miss and hit an innocent compared to a non-LEO civilian

Assumes facts not in evidence.

-Geaux

Again, many civilians such as myself have far more training than your average LEO. It's a give. And thank you for pointing out why at times standard 15 round magazines are required.

-Geaux

I very much doubt that you are any better than the average yahoo shooting at beer cans in your back yard. The reality is that no one can accurately simulate what it is like to be woken in the middle of the night to find an intruder in your room holding a gun on you. Furthermore even the "average LEO" knows that in that situation reaching for your gun would be the dumbest move you could make. From 20' away someone with a knife could stab you to death before you could draw, aim and fire your own weapon.

twits like you demonstrate why anyone who supports their constitutional rights know that gun banning assholes cannot be trusted, Your hatred is for honest gun owners-not armed criminals and your desire is to harass honest gun owners is what motivates you

most cops have a pathetic amount of training compared to other civilians with CCW licenses.

Ahha another gun nutter fantasy. Yea the 12 hours, or is it down to 8 now, of classroom and range training is sure more than the cops get.

Every cop around here has to be recertified by an FBI firearms instructor twice a year on all of the weapons that they have available on patrol.

I've not said that.
Read your quoted post you said most shootings are in gang related incidents are you now claim gang members are not criminals?

Strawman much?
Your post you sure did say it, you claimed Brain never said most shootings are gang related.

only asshole fucktard liberscum report other posters, if you can not handle the truth, get the fuck out of here and join the pussies.com !!

or you could do this:dig: jump in and pull the dirt in on top of yourworthlessfuckingself :up: ... :up: ... :lmao:

It would appear gun nutters can only argue from emotion. And severely unbalanced emotion at that.
Color me surprised.

:popcorn:

Every cop around here has to be recertified by an FBI firearms instructor twice a year on all of the weapons that they have available on patrol.

wow-twice a year-meaning 200 rounds a year
that' what me, my son and wife shoot at a minimum each WEEK from May to October

-Geaux

-Geaux

references facts you are too dishonest to admit

Strawman much?

It would appear gun nutters can only argue from emotion. And severely unbalanced emotion at that.
Color me surprised.

:popcorn:

No, you're colored a narc. lol

I get it.... Some folks don't like guns. Heck, I don't like green beans, or lima beans for that matter. Guess what, I don't eat them and have no social obligation to ensure that you think like me.

Now, go report that......

-Geaux

Yep, most of us have more training and are better shots. A thugs odds are better running into LEO than your average Joe Citizen. Another reason no gun zones are kill zones

-Geaux

The majority of cops are not gun fetishists like you and your ilk.

Yep, most of us have more training and are better shots. A thugs odds are better running into LEO than your average Joe Citizen. Another reason no gun zones are kill zones

-Geaux

You have zero training in real life situations where using/not using a gun can have fatal consequences. LEO's have to undertake that training in this area in order to remain certified. Unless you have experienced that training you are just obsessed with your gun fetish and would be a victim in those situations.

The majority of cops are not gun fetishists like you and your ilk.

Now someone who has the training the left wants,. it's still not enough. If they have the training, they are nutters..... lol

-Geaux

-Geaux

You have zero training in real life situations where using/not using a gun can have fatal consequences. LEO's have to undertake that training in this area in order to remain certified. Unless you have experienced that training you are just obsessed with your gun fetish and would be a victim in those situations.

You must have a crystal ball to assume everyone you engage online is as much of a coward as you. That's why there are people like me and LEO.

You paid for my training in a round about way. You're just to ignorant to know how... and that's fine... You have no need to know....lol

-Geaux

-Geaux

You must have a crystal ball to assume everyone you engage online is as much of a coward as you. That's why there are people like me and LEO.

You paid for my training in a round about way. You're just to ignorant to know how... and that's fine... You have no need to know....lol

-Geaux

You sound intoxicated! :cuckoo:

-Geaux

-Geaux

I don't call this training. Again, no wonder they have to 'spray and pray' when taking out a thug.

-Geaux
================================
At a recent use-of-force class I was instructing for a Public Risk Management group, the topic of firearms training frequency came up. The discussion was prompted by the fact that during the latest round of FBI suspect interviews conducted for the third book in the Officer Assaulted and Murdered trilogy (“Violent Encounters”), it was revealed that those suspects believed that police officers trained between two and three times a week with their firearms. In reality, most police departments only train about two times a year, averaging less than 15 hours annually. In contrast to our frequency of training, those same suspects revealed that they practiced on average 23 times a year (or almost twice a month) with their handguns.

During a poll taken during this class which represented about a half dozen Florida law enforcement agencies, I asked how many train more than twice a year. No hands went up. When asked how many train or qualify with their duty guns only once a year. Everyone raised their hands. Hence, the genesis for this article.

Police firearms training How often should you be shooting

-Geaux

-Geaux

I don't call this training. Again, no wonder they have to 'spray and pray' when taking out a thug.

-Geaux
================================
At a recent use-of-force class I was instructing for a Public Risk Management group, the topic of firearms training frequency came up. The discussion was prompted by the fact that during the latest round of FBI suspect interviews conducted for the third book in the Officer Assaulted and Murdered trilogy (“Violent Encounters”), it was revealed that those suspects believed that police officers trained between two and three times a week with their firearms. In reality, most police departments only train about two times a year, averaging less than 15 hours annually. In contrast to our frequency of training, those same suspects revealed that they practiced on average 23 times a year (or almost twice a month) with their handguns.

During a poll taken during this class which represented about a half dozen Florida law enforcement agencies, I asked how many train more than twice a year. No hands went up. When asked how many train or qualify with their duty guns only once a year. Everyone raised their hands. Hence, the genesis for this article.

Police firearms training How often should you be shooting

I don't live in FL!

Seems to me every recent incident involving guns and murder is being perpetuated by mentally ill people. So maybe we're trying to control the wrong thing, the tools they opt to use to commit their crimes. Perhaps we should be controling the mentally ill instead, or aborting them altogether via genetic testing and screening? Or even punishing violent criminals with a 1 Strike and you're executed instead of the revolving door thing we have now where they get hardened in prison then hatch back out even worse than before.

Forum List

Back