The evolution of God and the rapture

Science says we probably got imaginations about 20K years or so ago. It took thousands of years after that for the concept of a god/gods to appear.
Why didn't God appear before then?
How do we know that early humans did not know God? Carving into stone shows some pretty early history of something being communicated.
We would have found something by now, I would think. Especially that long ago.
Something would have been passed down. Or do you think ancient humans worshipped god, it got forgotten and the same stories got "reincarnated?"
Science says we probably got imaginations about 20K years or so ago. It took thousands of years after that for the concept of a god/gods to appear.
Why didn't God appear before then?
How do we know that early humans did not know God? Carving into stone shows some pretty early history of something being communicated.
Something would have been passed down. Or do you think ancient humans worshipped god, it got forgotten and the same stories got "reincarnated?"
A lot of ancient writings out there. Prior to written records people passed down information from generation to generation.

I would only be able to speculate on what ancients did unless I was shown something about it in a vision or something. I would assume communications were done by the spirit much like it is now either by vision or in dreams.
I know, that's what I was saying. Why wouldn't they have passed down the stories of the one true god? Why would 1000 gods be made up? What would be the need? They would have already had the one true god.
However, that would actually help explain how so many gods had the same story as the Abrahamic god before its start..
Goodness, I love discussing things!
How many times were civilizations scattered through history? Each time that they were scattered pieces and parts were missed, lost or mistranslated. When I started writing down all the things I had been shown in the spirit, at the same time I was going through what all the meanings of the names and words were (started that about twenty years ago for my own information). I found different terms throughout my old 1800's dictionary as I searched when things didn't make sense. I would also awake with memories from my dreams or awake hearing a word that I needed to search. The "riyb" came in a dream as adams-human rib and a woman didn't make sense to me. Another one was a term used to 'beat your wife'. That one was a foreign wife. I found it in history of the words of New Zealand, or Gopher wood for the temple entry, that meaning I found in Chinese. So definitely scattered pieces of the history throughout where the spirit in humankind interacted with the spirit of God and where the children that worship God turned and followed errors and were scattered through the earth.
that absolutely makes sense.

It's reminiscent of the multiple threads that say "RIGHT WINGERS DISAPPOINTED BY TRUMP!" and "WHEN WILL DISAPPOINTED RIGHTWINGERS ADMIT THEY HATE TRUMP?"

Right wingers aren't disappointed by trump. That's a lie.
They won't admit they hate him, because they don't hate him.

And you're doing the exact same thing with your nonsense about an evolved God, and the allegedly *sudden* appearance of the concept of *rapture*. Complete bs. The rapture is in the bible, it just isn't called the rapture.
THEN FUCKING SHOW ME

A lot of ancient writings out there. Prior to written records people passed down information from generation to generation.

I would only be able to speculate on what ancients did unless I was shown something about it in a vision or something. I would assume communications were done by the spirit much like it is now either by vision or in dreams.
I know, that's what I was saying. Why wouldn't they have passed down the stories of the one true god? Why would 1000 gods be made up? What would be the need? They would have already had the one true god.
However, that would actually help explain how so many gods had the same story as the Abrahamic god before its start..
another false premise. Nobody said the false gods are made up.The bible certain doesn't. It says no gods before God.
another false premise. Nobody said the false gods are made up.The bible certain doesn't. It says no gods before God.

that is from Antiquity the spoken religion, your 4th century book is a copy. however correct.

Nothing wrong with a good copy.

if it were that type of copy christians would not run from knowing there are as many god's as those who may attain the feat - what is not correct is their belief satan would still be alive having attempted to change the formula for admission by becoming evil.

I hate lying atheists who present lies and pretend those lies are evidence that Chistians are stupid.

I hate liars. Children of Satan, spawn of the devil. Deceivers, idolators. No wonder you hate Christians. All liars do.
im not an atheist. Nor do I hate Christians. I take up for Christians all the time. Even on here.
I asked you to debunk my claims but all you have done is talk shit. If its lies, PROVE ME WRONG
false premise false premise false premise...you are still on the roll
Show me where the bible talks about the "rapture". I understand it wont have the word, but it should describe it, so show me.
The holy ghost is given up, the spirit is caught up, in Ecclesiastes-The Preacher the beast goes down the spirit that is life goes up. TN, I have put those things in post many times. How many times should one need to repeat those?

I hate lying atheists who present lies and pretend those lies are evidence that Chistians are stupid.

I hate liars. Children of Satan, spawn of the devil. Deceivers, idolators. No wonder you hate Christians. All liars do.

No. Christians saying and doing stupid stuff are evidence of Christians being stupid.

If they say so much stupid stuff, one wonders why y'all must lie about what they say and believe.

Meanwhile, the Rapture in the bible:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17King James Version (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord
."

So yeah, TN is lying when he says "the concept of the rapture" is only a couple of hundred years ago.

Liar.
I was always taught that was about the second coming. Not a "rapture"
Also, I will ask again, doesn't that entire concept of a rapture go against the basic principles of Christianity?

No. Christians saying and doing stupid stuff are evidence of Christians being stupid.

If they say so much stupid stuff, one wonders why y'all must lie about what they say and believe.

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord
."

So yeah, TN is lying when he says "the concept of the rapture" is only a couple of hundred years ago.

Liar.

Whether or not you can find something in the Bible to justify your beliefs wasn't the point of the OP. I can point out bible verses justifying cannibalism. The point was that beliefs have changed over time. There is not one single mention of the rapture by any religious leader before a couple of hundred years ago. Were the Christians who never even considered the rapture wrong in their beliefs, and what exactly made it all right to add that event to what Christians had believed up to that point?

."

Liar.
Also, I will ask again, doesn't that entire concept of a rapture go against the basic principles of Christianity?
Most people do not understand the concept of being asleep or dead to the spirit either. It may take me a bit more to explain that one but it is also written about.

im not an atheist. Nor do I hate Christians. I take up for Christians all the time. Even on here.
I asked you to debunk my claims but all you have done is talk shit. If its lies, PROVE ME WRONG
Show me where the bible talks about the "rapture". I understand it wont have the word, but it should describe it, so show me.
The holy ghost is given up, the spirit is caught up, in Ecclesiastes-The Preacher the beast goes down the spirit that is life goes up. TN, I have put those things in post many times. How many times should one need to repeat those?
well I cant read every post rodishi lol.
Does that have anything to do with a rapture, though?

that is from Antiquity the spoken religion, your 4th century book is a copy. however correct.

if it were that type of copy christians would not run from knowing there are as many god's as those who may attain the feat - what is not correct is their belief satan would still be alive having attempted to change the formula for admission by becoming evil.
:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Oh look, yet another false premise.

:cuckoo:

."

Liar.

What entire concept?

Maybe you could source this allegedly *new* rapture concept, and explain who it is that believes it. Maybe then you'll make more sense.

Yes, it is all pretty inclusive and pertinent. Beast is us, Man is also us. One is raptured (that portion made in the likeness of the Son of God, caught up), one goes down (stays here in the dust of the earth, that portion that is the son of perdition).

Clarifying just in case. The world is where the children reside, grow and learn. The kingdom of heaven is within them (again that spiritual portion that was put in with the breath of life). Up speaking about the higher level of conscientiousness, or knowing the spirit within us. Knowing Jesus Christ (meaning 'Jehovah's salvation with us', ultimately we will learn and know the spiritual hosts in us that were given when breath was installed). Those things that rule over our emotions, thoughts and reactions of humankind.

The second coming, a real event that also happens in the spirit that manifest in the world (both the world as a whole and each human who lives to their own carnal desires of flesh is a portion 'the world' with nations in it [patterns were created from the beginning], back to Genesis 1, the hosts of heaven and earth- those spiritual things in human are in the books). The spirit is found within us, it is something we have to search for in self examination in truth so we can learn how to overcome.

Last edited:

."

Liar.

How can it go against the basic principles of Christianity if it's described in the bible as what we can anticipate?

"There are many Christians who believe that the second coming of Jesus Christ will be in two phases. First He will come for believers, both living and dead, in the “rapture”; read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17. In this view, the rapture—which is the transformation and catching up of all Christians, dead or alive, to meet Christ in the air—will be secret, for it will be unknown to the world of unbelievers at the time of its happening."

"All Christians do not agree on every detail of what will occur in the final events of this world’s history. Some of these events and their order of occurrence have simply not been made clear in the Bible. What is important is that all Christians hold in common that Christ will ultimately return bodily, visibly, and gloriously to reign and rule with His resurrected and transformed saints forever and ever. The details of this great event will be made known in God’s own time."

What is the rapture?

."

Liar.

What entire concept?

Maybe you could source this allegedly *new* rapture concept, and explain who it is that believes it. Maybe then you'll make more sense.
so do you agree that was about the second coming? Its hard to tell when you only respond to 5% of my post.
The concept of a rapture. Do you not know what the rapture is supposed to do? If you don't, why are you even discussing it?

All based on Luke 17
26 As it was in the days of Noah,so it will be in the days of the Son of Man; 27 they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage up to the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Similarly, as it was in the days of Lot: they were eating, drinking, buying, selling, planting, building; 29 on the day when Lot left Sodom, fire and brimstone rained from the sky to destroy them all. 30 So it will be on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day, a person who is on the housetop and whose belongings are in the house must not go down to get them, and likewise a person in the field must not return to what was left behind32 Remember the wife of Lot. 33 Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses it will save it.34 I tell you, on that night there will be two people in one bed; one will be taken, the other left. 35 And there will be two women grinding meal together; one will be taken, the other left.” [36 [h] 37 They said to him in reply, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will gather

It happened, the son of Man, Emperor Titus came and destroyed Jerusalem, to break up the Jews civil war. Whoever wants to fight, will die.

If my personal belief is true, then it does answer all your questions. If my personal belief is not true, I have yet to see refuting evidence.

Equally, I'd like to see your "evidence" that proves there is no God.

Is it not equally "imaginary" to imagine that all the matter in the Universe and all the order (and chaos) just magically appeared from nowhere?

Of course, I realize that that begs the question, "so even if there IS a "God", who created God?

That is the epiphany of faith. And testament to how little humans actually know. So please, don't pretend you do.
I think religion is a social construct. Human nature requires some form of belief of a higher power, submission to a higher authority. Just look at how our societies are set up. People like to feel as though they are apart of something bigger, that there is a plan, a light at the end of the tunnel or a heaven, to make our existence somehow more meaningful. Look at any given religion and how it affected the societies it developed in. How it affected their laws, their traditions, and their lifestyles. Religion has the ability to take millions of people and conform them to a specific set of beliefs. It is interesting as hell to study, but religion can be very very dangerous in its extreme state.

."

Liar.

The rapture is the second coming.

."

Liar.

What entire concept?

so do you agree that was about the second coming? Its hard to tell when you only respond to 5% of my post.
The concept of a rapture. Do you not know what the rapture is supposed to do? If you don't, why are you even discussing it?

I don't respond to the lies that you post about what WE believe, this is true. If that is 95 percent of what you post, then meh.
I asked you to define what YOU think is the "new" rapture concept, what you think we believe, and how it is inconsistent with the bible. Because so far, all you've done is spew vague nonsense. And you certainly haven't provided any sources to justify your silliness.

And, btw, I have provided you the biblical reference to the rapture and I have also provided Billy Graham's explanation of it. Why are you so reluctant to actually put into words what you think WE think about the rapture, and how it's wrong? Because so far, you haven't actually described what it is you think we believe, you haven't shown that it's not biblical, and you were absolutely proven wrong with your "the concept of the rapture is only 200 years old" nonsense.

I'm not aware that the rapture is supposed to *DO* anything, aside from bringing Christ and his people together. What do you think we think it's supposed to do?

So what is your objection to the Rapture, and how do you think it's inconsistent with the Bible (which is utter horseshit, since it's right there and I pointed it out).

BTW, the 2nd coming and the rapture are not really separate events.

Yes, it is all pretty inclusive and pertinent. Beast is us, Man is also us. One is raptured (that portion made in the likeness of the Son of God, caught up), one goes down (stays here in the dust of the earth, that portion that is the son of perdition).
I just cant agree with that. The rapture is a specific event. This is speaking generally, at least that's the way it looks using context. It also seems to be showing the difference between man and animals. All of the surrounding verses are, at least. like 3:19
For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.

God's been evolving? I thought Christians didn't believe in evolution.

Got a couple things I would like to discuss.

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years? Does he speak to the church leaders or something? Or do we just make it up? Maybe to fit in more with the times?
Whats the point of giving your life to a God when you don't even know who it really is?

2 - The rapture. Why do Christians believe in the Rapture? Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old? If the rapture was real, wouldn't Christians have been talking about it for millennia? Did John Darby fool all of the Christians? Or were ancient Christians, including the ones who wrote the religion, ignorant?

1. If someone claims they hear the voice of God, admit them to psych unit, as they can be very dangerous.
Its best to live like there is no afterlife as its never been proven, and then one cherishes each day of life and the life of others.

2. The rapture in my book was 70ad with the destruction of Jerusalem and has never ended. We live on by what we leave behind. In other words Pay it Forward.
Some people claim to speak to god by simple illusions or dreams. They cant comprehend it any other way. That's my opinion, at least.
Your book spoke of a rapture? What book is that?

If God spoke to you, well your head would explode and you would not understand the divine.

No one since the days of Moses have heard the word of God.

I just cant agree with that. The rapture is a specific event. This is speaking generally, at least that's the way it looks using context. It also seems to be showing the difference between man and animals. All of the surrounding verses are, at least. like 3:19
For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
'Sons of men' is speaking about the hosts of heaven and earth. I went back and edited to hopefully put some clarity in there for you.

Yes it is a specific event but also it is for each individual. Sixth day, a day is as a thousand years and a thousand days as if a day. Eternity does not have limits but days, seasons and boundaries were created for humankind. Seventh day rest, eighth day holy unto the Lord of heaven and earth. Genesis Chapter 1 (KJV)

Heavenly hosts and earthly hosts are also described as animals. Each has purpose in that growth process. The hosts children of Jacob until Israel brings forth, Judah, lion of the tribe brings forth lion cubs of justice from the scepter, Gad a troop of gazelles, etc...

Last edited:

."

Liar.

The rapture is the second coming.

."

Liar.

What entire concept?

I don't respond to the lies that you post about what WE believe, this is true. If that is 95 percent of what you post, then meh.
I asked you to define what YOU think is the "new" rapture concept, what you think we believe, and how it is inconsistent with the bible. Because so far, all you've done is spew vague nonsense. And you certainly haven't provided any sources to justify your silliness.

And, btw, I have provided you the biblical reference to the rapture and I have also provided Billy Graham's explanation of it. Why are you so reluctant to actually put into words what you think WE think about the rapture, and how it's wrong? Because so far, you haven't actually described what it is you think we believe, you haven't shown that it's not biblical, and you were absolutely proven wrong with your "the concept of the rapture is only 200 years old" nonsense.

I'm not aware that the rapture is supposed to *DO* anything, aside from bringing Christ and his people together. What do you think we think it's supposed to do?

So what is your objection to the Rapture, and how do you think it's inconsistent with the Bible (which is utter horseshit, since it's right there and I pointed it out).

BTW, the 2nd coming and the rapture are not really separate events.
The rapture and the second coming are the same? You are the first person I have ever heard say that. Countless biblical scholars would claim you are teaching false doctrine ;) Hek, I thought that's why the term rapture even came about. To distinguish it form the second coming..
Billy Graham? Wasn't he the pastor that wanted genocide in Vietnam? Maybe I am wrong..
Rapture - Wikipedia
That's also what I have always thought the rapture meant. "left behind" the movie or books?

Forum List

Back