The evolution of God and the rapture

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Got a couple things I would like to discuss.

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years? Does he speak to the church leaders or something? Or do we just make it up? Maybe to fit in more with the times?
Whats the point of giving your life to a God when you don't even know who it really is?

2 - The rapture. Why do Christians believe in the Rapture? Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old? If the rapture was real, wouldn't Christians have been talking about it for millennia? Did John Darby fool all of the Christians? Or were ancient Christians, including the ones who wrote the religion, ignorant?

God's been evolving? I thought Christians didn't believe in evolution.
While that was funny, I am looking for actual discussion.
I am agnostic as they come, but religion(rather, the concept of a god in general) is one of the most fascinating things to me. God and space.
I seriously wonder about the OP.

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years? Does he speak to the church leaders or something? Or do we just make it up? Maybe to fit in more with the times?
Whats the point of giving your life to a God when you don't even know who it really is?

2 - The rapture. Why do Christians believe in the Rapture? Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old? If the rapture was real, wouldn't Christians have been talking about it for millennia? Did John Darby fool all of the Christians? Or were ancient Christians, including the ones who wrote the religion, ignorant?
I have all your answers right here- There is no "god"

Caught up were the words written, rapture is a word used by preachers. Why did people believe for a millennia that the earth was flat? Because someone told them it was and they believed it. God is the same today as yesterday. It is the humans that catch up in the knowledge of the spirit of God and what was written is merely confirmation when that spirit moves inside of you.

Perhaps, but that doesn't answer my questions. This is about theology and facts. Not your personal beliefs.

1. If someone claims they hear the voice of God, admit them to psych unit, as they can be very dangerous.
Its best to live like there is no afterlife as its never been proven, and then one cherishes each day of life and the life of others.

2. The rapture in my book was 70ad with the destruction of Jerusalem and has never ended. We live on by what we leave behind. In other words Pay it Forward.

Perhaps, but that doesn't answer my questions. This is about theology and facts. Not your personal beliefs.
If my personal belief is true, then it does answer all your questions. If my personal belief is not true, I have yet to see refuting evidence.

Caught up were the words written, rapture is a word used by preachers. Why did people believe for a millennia that the earth was flat? Because someone told them it was and they believed it. God is the same today as yesterday. It is the humans that catch up in the knowledge of the spirit of God and what was written is merely confirmation when that spirit moves inside of you.
I understand its just a word, but why wasn't an event like that ever talked about? Darby just made it up, seems like. So why would people practice it? Because their church leader talks about it?
People believed the earth was flat because they didn't know any better. They were extremely ignorant. They had to make up something to explain what they didn't understand.
If god is the same, why is it practiced differently? Hek, there is a local church here that changed from doing services on sunday morning to Saturday afternoon so people could party. No joke.

1. If someone claims they hear the voice of God, admit them to psych unit, as they can be very dangerous.
Its best to live like there is no afterlife as its never been proven, and then one cherishes each day of life and the life of others.

2. The rapture in my book was 70ad with the destruction of Jerusalem and has never ended. We live on by what we leave behind. In other words Pay it Forward.
Some people claim to speak to god by simple illusions or dreams. They cant comprehend it any other way. That's my opinion, at least.
Your book spoke of a rapture? What book is that?

You start with false premises. When you do that, it's impossible to engage in meaningful discussion.

I understand its just a word, but why wasn't an event like that ever talked about? Darby just made it up, seems like. So why would people practice it? Because their church leader talks about it?
People believed the earth was flat because they didn't know any better. They were extremely ignorant. They had to make up something to explain what they didn't understand.
If god is the same, why is it practiced differently? Hek, there is a local church here that changed from doing services on sunday morning to Saturday afternoon so people could party. No joke.
The spirit is not something most people can grasp (even those in the churches). I didn't depend on a man-made church to learn or ask questions. I did however read the Bible throughout my whole life and ask God a lot of questions. Parts I could not understand that I had read when I was younger I just assumed one day I would be able to understand them. That day didn't come until I was almost forty but until then I knew a lot of my desires, prayers, and hopes were filled. Visions or seeing things I couldn't understand ultimately were also revealed. We have to be able to accept the truth before we will know the truth.

So all those people before are in hell because they believed the wrong things, and only within the last few hundred years have we figured it out?

So all those people before are in hell because they believed the wrong things, and only within the last few hundred years have we figured it out?
You are already there and yet you don't even know it, so why be such a bitch about it to others like you do?

You start with false premises. When you do that, it's impossible to engage in meaningful discussion.
what is false?

Science says we probably got imaginations about 20K years or so ago. It took thousands of years after that for the concept of a god/gods to appear.
Why didn't God appear before then?

You are already there and yet you don't even know it, so why be such a bitch about it to others like you do?

Great comeback, but it didn't answer the question. If worship in the right way is is non negotiable, and worship has changed so drastically in the past few hundred years, did the ones before just waste their time?

If my personal belief is true, then it does answer all your questions. If my personal belief is not true, I have yet to see refuting evidence.

Equally, I'd like to see your "evidence" that proves there is no God.

Is it not equally "imaginary" to imagine that all the matter in the Universe and all the order (and chaos) just magically appeared from nowhere?

Of course, I realize that that begs the question, "so even if there IS a "God", who created God?

That is the epiphany of faith. And testament to how little humans actually know. So please, don't pretend you do.

Last edited:

Great comeback, but it didn't answer the question. If worship in the right way is is non negotiable, and worship has changed so drastically in the past few hundred years, did the ones before just waste their time?
Speaking of, Christians cant even figure out if hell is real or a metaphor.

Equally, I'd like to see your "evidence" that proves there is no God.
You make a very good point.
People only want evidence when its something they don't want to believe in. That goes for religious people and non religious people.

Forum List

Back