The evolution of God and the rapture

Science says we probably got imaginations about 20K years or so ago. It took thousands of years after that for the concept of a god/gods to appear.
Why didn't God appear before then?
How do we know that early humans did not know God? Carving into stone shows some pretty early history of something being communicated.
We would have found something by now, I would think. Especially that long ago.
Something would have been passed down. Or do you think ancient humans worshipped god, it got forgotten and the same stories got "reincarnated?"
Science says we probably got imaginations about 20K years or so ago. It took thousands of years after that for the concept of a god/gods to appear.
How do we know that early humans did not know God? Carving into stone shows some pretty early history of something being communicated.
Something would have been passed down. Or do you think ancient humans worshipped god, it got forgotten and the same stories got "reincarnated?"
A lot of ancient writings out there. Prior to written records people passed down information from generation to generation.

I would only be able to speculate on what ancients did unless I was shown something about it in a vision or something. I would assume communications were done by the spirit much like it is now either by vision or in dreams.
I know, that's what I was saying. Why wouldn't they have passed down the stories of the one true god? Why would 1000 gods be made up? What would be the need? They would have already had the one true god.
However, that would actually help explain how so many gods had the same story as the Abrahamic god before its start..
Goodness, I love discussing things!

Got a couple things I would like to discuss.

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years? Does he speak to the church leaders or something? Or do we just make it up? Maybe to fit in more with the times?
Whats the point of giving your life to a God when you don't even know who it really is?

2 - The rapture. Why do Christians believe in the Rapture? Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old? If the rapture was real, wouldn't Christians have been talking about it for millennia? Did John Darby fool all of the Christians? Or were ancient Christians, including the ones who wrote the religion, ignorant?

You start with false premises. When you do that, it's impossible to engage in meaningful discussion.
what is false?

That God has been "evolving for thousands of years", for one. It's not true. So why would anybody want to try to explain or discuss it with you?

"Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old?" another false premise, the tenets of the rapture are there in the bible. Maybe it has only been CALLED "the rapture" more recently, but language changes..just because there's a specific word for it in today's lingo doesn't mean they aren't talking about the events described in the bible.

"The ones that wrote the religion"...false premise. Nobody "wrote the religion".

I hate this sort of garbage. You present a bunch of asshole crap that has no basis in fact, and then demand that Christians step up and defend themselves from your *facts*. Fuck you. Enjoy a fun little round of "let's spread misinformation and pat each other on the backs for being exceptionally witty" with your like minded, anti-Christian pseudo-intellectual ignorami.
Oh dear jesus.
NEWSFLASH : the NT is an evolution of a God. That pretty much shuts down your first paragraph.
For the second, show me where the bible talks about god grabbing his followers from earth to take them to heaven. Also, something to consider : Isnt the very idea of the church abandoning people in the roughest times, go against EVERYTHING it is built upon?
Nobody wrote down the religion? Did the books magically appear one day?
I hate Christians like you that bad mouth atheists that are intolerant over the word of god when you cant even discuss things without telling someone to go fuck yourself. Makes you sound like a pseudo-christian.
People like you are why so many people call Christians such hypocrites. I believe in the bible you are supposed to spread the word of god. Not talk shit like some fucking intolerant asshole.
This is the second time you have cussed me because we think differently. Because i triggered your sensibilities. FUCK YOU KG.
Actually that NT is an evolution of the seasons/ages of humankind. Steps in time.
see what I mean....everything he's carping about is false.

I hate lying atheists who present lies and pretend those lies are evidence that Chistians are stupid.

I hate liars. Children of Satan, spawn of the devil. Deceivers, idolators. No wonder you hate Christians. All liars do.
im not an atheist. Nor do I hate Christians. I take up for Christians all the time. Even on here.
I asked you to debunk my claims but all you have done is talk shit. If its lies, PROVE ME WRONG

A lot of ancient writings out there. Prior to written records people passed down information from generation to generation.

I would only be able to speculate on what ancients did unless I was shown something about it in a vision or something. I would assume communications were done by the spirit much like it is now either by vision or in dreams.
I know, that's what I was saying. Why wouldn't they have passed down the stories of the one true god? Why would 1000 gods be made up? What would be the need? They would have already had the one true god.
However, that would actually help explain how so many gods had the same story as the Abrahamic god before its start..
another false premise. Nobody said the false gods are made up.The bible certain doesn't. It says no gods before God.

I hate lying atheists who present lies and pretend those lies are evidence that Chistians are stupid.

I hate liars. Children of Satan, spawn of the devil. Deceivers, idolators. No wonder you hate Christians. All liars do.
im not an atheist. Nor do I hate Christians. I take up for Christians all the time. Even on here.
I asked you to debunk my claims but all you have done is talk shit. If its lies, PROVE ME WRONG
false premise false premise false premise...you are still on the roll

So all those people before are in hell because they believed the wrong things, and only within the last few hundred years have we figured it out?
You are already there and yet you don't even know it, so why be such a bitch about it to others like you do?

Great comeback, but it didn't answer the question. If worship in the right way is is non negotiable, and worship has changed so drastically in the past few hundred years, did the ones before just waste their time?
Speaking of, Christians cant even figure out if hell is real or a metaphor.

Another false premise.

It's real.
The people who claim it's a metaphor are preaching false doctrine, and will be sent to experience its reality eventually.
say, do you know what a "false premise" actually is? You say that and then fucking prove my point, dolt. That's not a false premise :D
Yes, I do know what a false premise is.
It is what you do when you start stupid threads like this, which start out with lies you pretend are *settled* dogma...and then attack it as if someone besides you and other non believers actually BELIEVE it. That's not discussion, it's not debate. It's just sheer garbage. If you were a student in a comp class, your instructor would put a big fat F on this thread and hand it back to you and tell you to pull yourself together. You are attributing Christians a false stance, and demanding they (me) defend it.

another false premise. Nobody said the false gods are made up.The bible certain doesn't. It says no gods before God.

that is from Antiquity the spoken religion, your 4th century book is a copy. however correct.

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years? Does he speak to the church leaders or something? Or do we just make it up? Maybe to fit in more with the times?
Whats the point of giving your life to a God when you don't even know who it really is?

2 - The rapture. Why do Christians believe in the Rapture? Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old? If the rapture was real, wouldn't Christians have been talking about it for millennia? Did John Darby fool all of the Christians? Or were ancient Christians, including the ones who wrote the religion, ignorant?

You start with false premises. When you do that, it's impossible to engage in meaningful discussion.
what is false?

That God has been "evolving for thousands of years", for one. It's not true. So why would anybody want to try to explain or discuss it with you?

"Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old?" another false premise, the tenets of the rapture are there in the bible. Maybe it has only been CALLED "the rapture" more recently, but language changes..just because there's a specific word for it in today's lingo doesn't mean they aren't talking about the events described in the bible.

"The ones that wrote the religion"...false premise. Nobody "wrote the religion".

I hate this sort of garbage. You present a bunch of asshole crap that has no basis in fact, and then demand that Christians step up and defend themselves from your *facts*. Fuck you. Enjoy a fun little round of "let's spread misinformation and pat each other on the backs for being exceptionally witty" with your like minded, anti-Christian pseudo-intellectual ignorami.
Oh dear jesus.
NEWSFLASH : the NT is an evolution of a God. That pretty much shuts down your first paragraph.
For the second, show me where the bible talks about god grabbing his followers from earth to take them to heaven. Also, something to consider : Isnt the very idea of the church abandoning people in the roughest times, go against EVERYTHING it is built upon?
I hate Christians like you that bad mouth atheists that are intolerant over the word of god when you cant even discuss things without telling someone to go fuck yourself. Makes you sound like a pseudo-christian.
People like you are why so many people call Christians such hypocrites. I believe in the bible you are supposed to spread the word of god. Not talk shit like some fucking intolerant asshole.
This is the second time you have cussed me because we think differently. Because i triggered your sensibilities. FUCK YOU KG.
Actually that NT is an evolution of the seasons/ages of humankind. Steps in time.
The OT shows the wrath of god towards sinners. The NT shows gods forgiveness and grace towards sinners.
The ot is focused on jews. The NT is focused on his church.
Those are both 180 degree turns IMO.

How many times were civilizations scattered through history? Each time that they were scattered pieces and parts were missed, lost or mistranslated. When I started writing down all the things I had been shown in the spirit, at the same time I was going through what all the meanings of the names and words were (started that about twenty years ago for my own information). I found different terms throughout my old 1800's dictionary as I searched when things didn't make sense. I would also awake with memories from my dreams or awake hearing a word that I needed to search. The "riyb" came in a dream as adams-human rib and a woman didn't make sense to me. Another one was a term used to 'beat your wife'. That one was a foreign wife. I found it in history of the words of New Zealand, or Gopher wood for the temple entry, that meaning I found in Chinese. So definitely scattered pieces of the history throughout where the spirit in humankind interacted with the spirit of God and where the children that worship God turned and followed errors and were scattered through the earth.

It's reminiscent of the multiple threads that say "RIGHT WINGERS DISAPPOINTED BY TRUMP!" and "WHEN WILL DISAPPOINTED RIGHTWINGERS ADMIT THEY HATE TRUMP?"

Right wingers aren't disappointed by trump. That's a lie.
They won't admit they hate him, because they don't hate him.

And you're doing the exact same thing with your nonsense about an evolved God, and the allegedly *sudden* appearance of the concept of *rapture*. Complete bs. The rapture is in the bible, it just isn't called the rapture.

You are already there and yet you don't even know it, so why be such a bitch about it to others like you do?

Great comeback, but it didn't answer the question. If worship in the right way is is non negotiable, and worship has changed so drastically in the past few hundred years, did the ones before just waste their time?

Another false premise.

It's real.
The people who claim it's a metaphor are preaching false doctrine, and will be sent to experience its reality eventually.

So why should anyone believe you are right, and they are wrong? Do you have any specific reasons for your beliefs, other than "That's what you were told as you grew up" ?

That's a good point. Why is "anything" considered "right" or "wrong"? Where does the entire foundation of right and wrong come from? It actually varies somewhat depending on the culture but across most of humanity, we share a common ground on right and wrong. Why?

Basic morality, and the ability to recognize it is innate in each of us. Cave men realized it was easier to survive if you didn't unnecessarily make enemies, and the same has been true ever since. Compassion and fairness are just as advantageous to the person practising them as to the person on the receiving end.

Nobody said the false gods are made up
:confused:

what is false?

Oh dear jesus.
The OT shows the wrath of god towards sinners. The NT shows gods forgiveness and grace towards sinners.
The ot is focused on jews. The NT is focused on his church.
Those are both 180 degree turns IMO.
Both the Old and New are applicable. The application takes place within the spirit of each human. Adam means a red earth human. Eve is the spirit inside the human.

false premise false premise false premise...you are still on the roll
Show me where the bible talks about the "rapture". I understand it wont have the word, but it should describe it, so show me.

Another false premise.

It's real.

So why should anyone believe you are right, and they are wrong? Do you have any specific reasons for your beliefs, other than "That's what you were told as you grew up" ?

That's a good point. Why is "anything" considered "right" or "wrong"? Where does the entire foundation of right and wrong come from? It actually varies somewhat depending on the culture but across most of humanity, we share a common ground on right and wrong. Why?

Basic morality, and the ability to recognize it is innate in each of us. Cave men realized it was easier to survive if you didn't unnecessarily make enemies, and the same has been true ever since. Compassion and fairness are just as advantageous to the person practising them as to the person on the receiving end.

Where the hell do you get this nonsense?

Show me your evidence that "cave men realized it was easier to survive if you didn't unnecessarily make enemies". I'd like to see that.

No. Christians saying and doing stupid stuff are evidence of Christians being stupid.

#1.. I think that every now and then a person actually makes contact with superior intelligences. The problem arises when people don't understand a word of what they say and a new religion is founded by believers who make shit up as they go along. Aside from that they are hard to distinguish from someone who has gone insane. Sometimes religions are entirely based on the ravings of a lunatic mind and beliefs about God are accordingly perverted.

#2.. I think the rapture evolved from the beginning based on misunderstanding cryptic things that Jesus said, such as one will be taken, the other left behind. At first Paul elaborated on this by going on to talk about believers being caught up into the clouds in the sky when Jesus returned showing that he didn't know what he was talking about.

The current beliefs about the rapture are 19th century lies built on lies built on misunderstanding the subject."One will be taken, the other will be left behind."

Which just means that one will understand, the other will not, reflecting the prophecy of Daniel about the time when the dead come back to life.

Last edited:

that is from Antiquity the spoken religion, your 4th century book is a copy. however correct.

Nothing wrong with a good copy.

Another false premise.

It's real.
say, do you know what a "false premise" actually is? You say that and then fucking prove my point, dolt. That's not a false premise :D
Yes, I do know what a false premise is.
It is what you do when you start stupid threads like this, which start out with lies you pretend are *settled* dogma...and then attack it as if someone besides you and other non believers actually BELIEVE it. That's not discussion, it's not debate. It's just sheer garbage. If you were a student in a comp class, your instructor would put a big fat F on this thread and hand it back to you and tell you to pull yourself together. You are attributing Christians a false stance, and demanding they (me) defend it.
I didn't say it was settled you fucking LIAR! :rofl:
It was questions and I am wanting to discuss it.
Look, if you don't want to do what christians are supposed to do, fine. Just STFU because you haven't contributed to this at all. "false premise.. fuck you" lol get a clue.

No. Christians saying and doing stupid stuff are evidence of Christians being stupid.

If they say so much stupid stuff, one wonders why y'all must lie about what they say and believe.

Meanwhile, the Rapture in the bible:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17King James Version (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord
."

So yeah, TN is lying when he says "the concept of the rapture" is only a couple of hundred years ago.

Liar.

Forum List

Back