The evolution of God and the rapture

Science says we probably got imaginations about 20K years or so ago. It took thousands of years after that for the concept of a god/gods to appear.
Why didn't God appear before then?
How do we know that early humans did not know God? Carving into stone shows some pretty early history of something being communicated.

Got a couple things I would like to discuss.

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years? Does he speak to the church leaders or something? Or do we just make it up? Maybe to fit in more with the times?
Whats the point of giving your life to a God when you don't even know who it really is?

2 - The rapture. Why do Christians believe in the Rapture? Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old? If the rapture was real, wouldn't Christians have been talking about it for millennia? Did John Darby fool all of the Christians? Or were ancient Christians, including the ones who wrote the religion, ignorant?

You start with false premises. When you do that, it's impossible to engage in meaningful discussion.
what is false?

That God has been "evolving for thousands of years", for one. It's not true. So why would anybody want to try to explain or discuss it with you?

"Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old?" another false premise, the tenets of the rapture are there in the bible. Maybe it has only been CALLED "the rapture" more recently, but language changes..just because there's a specific word for it in today's lingo doesn't mean they aren't talking about the events described in the bible.

"The ones that wrote the religion"...false premise. Nobody "wrote the religion".

I hate this sort of garbage. You present a bunch of asshole crap that has no basis in fact, and then demand that Christians step up and defend themselves from your *facts*. Fuck you. Enjoy a fun little round of "let's spread misinformation and pat each other on the backs for being exceptionally witty" with your like minded, anti-Christian pseudo-intellectual ignorami.

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years? Does he speak to the church leaders or something? Or do we just make it up? Maybe to fit in more with the times?
Whats the point of giving your life to a God when you don't even know who it really is?

2 - The rapture. Why do Christians believe in the Rapture? Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old? If the rapture was real, wouldn't Christians have been talking about it for millennia? Did John Darby fool all of the Christians? Or were ancient Christians, including the ones who wrote the religion, ignorant?
Caught up were the words written, rapture is a word used by preachers. Why did people believe for a millennia that the earth was flat? Because someone told them it was and they believed it. God is the same today as yesterday. It is the humans that catch up in the knowledge of the spirit of God and what was written is merely confirmation when that spirit moves inside of you.

So all those people before are in hell because they believed the wrong things, and only within the last few hundred years have we figured it out?
You are already there and yet you don't even know it, so why be such a bitch about it to others like you do?

Great comeback, but it didn't answer the question. If worship in the right way is is non negotiable, and worship has changed so drastically in the past few hundred years, did the ones before just waste their time?
Speaking of, Christians cant even figure out if hell is real or a metaphor.

Another false premise.

It's real.
The people who claim it's a metaphor are preaching false doctrine, and will be sent to experience its reality eventually.

If my personal belief is true, then it does answer all your questions. If my personal belief is not true, I have yet to see refuting evidence.

Equally, I'd like to see your "evidence" that proves there is no God.

Is it not equally "imaginary" to imagine that all the matter in the Universe and all the order (and chaos) just magically appeared from nowhere?

I don't have a problem with the thought that there could be a God. I just haven't seen much reason to believe there is.

Caught up were the words written, rapture is a word used by preachers. Why did people believe for a millennia that the earth was flat? Because someone told them it was and they believed it. God is the same today as yesterday. It is the humans that catch up in the knowledge of the spirit of God and what was written is merely confirmation when that spirit moves inside of you.

So all those people before are in hell because they believed the wrong things, and only within the last few hundred years have we figured it out?
You are already there and yet you don't even know it, so why be such a bitch about it to others like you do?

Great comeback, but it didn't answer the question. If worship in the right way is is non negotiable, and worship has changed so drastically in the past few hundred years, did the ones before just waste their time?
I will not waste my time making answers to your presumptuous claims or accusations. The spirit burns in your head. I am sure you can feel it when your anger wells up within you. Either worship in spirit and truth or don't and suffer whatever that outcome may be.

I won't be answering any of more your inquiries so take your questions to someone who cares about you and your bs.

Another false premise.

It's real.
The people who claim it's a metaphor are preaching false doctrine, and will be sent to experience its reality eventually.
Most preachers don't teach about the spirit and people who have spiritual experiences are many times shunned by churches. It has been that away for a long time. Jesus taught about the spirit and the Old Testament is also teaching about the spirit but that is not what people wanna hear.

Science says we probably got imaginations about 20K years or so ago. It took thousands of years after that for the concept of a god/gods to appear.
How do we know that early humans did not know God? Carving into stone shows some pretty early history of something being communicated.
We would have found something by now, I would think. Especially that long ago.
Something would have been passed down. Or do you think ancient humans worshipped god, it got forgotten and the same stories got "reincarnated?"

Another false premise.

It's real.

So why should anyone believe you are right, and they are wrong? Do you have any specific reasons for your beliefs, other than "That's what you were told as you grew up" ?

God's been evolving? I thought Christians didn't believe in evolution.

1. If someone claims they hear the voice of God, admit them to psych unit, as they can be very dangerous.
Its best to live like there is no afterlife as its never been proven, and then one cherishes each day of life and the life of others.

2. The rapture in my book was 70ad with the destruction of Jerusalem and has never ended. We live on by what we leave behind. In other words Pay it Forward.
Some people claim to speak to god by simple illusions or dreams. They cant comprehend it any other way. That's my opinion, at least.
Your book spoke of a rapture? What book is that?

My book means my mind. Its my book, its an expression. Have you read Josephus, The war of the Jews?? That to me was the rapture.

Last edited:
Something would have been passed down. Or do you think ancient humans worshipped god, it got forgotten and the same stories got "reincarnated?"

Here's the circular dilemma....
If we "found" something ....where would "faith" be needed? What would serve to separate those who found "God" through faith from those who simply were forced into it? It all boggles the inept human mind, but IF there is a God, all this could be the reason? Maybe?

Perhaps we've only found what was intended to be found. Just enough...maybe. I'm not saying I know. Just a hypothesis.

You start with false premises. When you do that, it's impossible to engage in meaningful discussion.
what is false?

That God has been "evolving for thousands of years", for one. It's not true. So why would anybody want to try to explain or discuss it with you?

"Do they realize the idea of a rapture is only a couple hundred years old?" another false premise, the tenets of the rapture are there in the bible. Maybe it has only been CALLED "the rapture" more recently, but language changes..just because there's a specific word for it in today's lingo doesn't mean they aren't talking about the events described in the bible.

"The ones that wrote the religion"...false premise. Nobody "wrote the religion".

I hate this sort of garbage. You present a bunch of asshole crap that has no basis in fact, and then demand that Christians step up and defend themselves from your *facts*. Fuck you. Enjoy a fun little round of "let's spread misinformation and pat each other on the backs for being exceptionally witty" with your like minded, anti-Christian pseudo-intellectual ignorami.
Oh dear jesus.
NEWSFLASH : the NT is an evolution of a God. That pretty much shuts down your first paragraph.
For the second, show me where the bible talks about god grabbing his followers from earth to take them to heaven. Also, something to consider : Isnt the very idea of the church abandoning people in the roughest times, go against EVERYTHING it is built upon?
Nobody wrote down the religion? Did the books magically appear one day?
I hate Christians like you that bad mouth atheists that are intolerant over the word of god when you cant even discuss things without telling someone to go fuck yourself. Makes you sound like a pseudo-christian.
People like you are why so many people call Christians such hypocrites. I believe in the bible you are supposed to spread the word of god. Not talk shit like some fucking intolerant asshole.
This is the second time you have cussed me because we think differently. Because i triggered your sensibilities. FUCK YOU KG.

Another false premise.

It's real.
say, do you know what a "false premise" actually is? You say that and then fucking prove my point, dolt. That's not a false premise :D

Another false premise.

It's real.

So why should anyone believe you are right, and they are wrong? Do you have any specific reasons for your beliefs, other than "That's what you were told as you grew up" ?

That's a good point. Why is "anything" considered "right" or "wrong"? Where does the entire foundation of right and wrong come from? It actually varies somewhat depending on the culture but across most of humanity, we share a common ground on right and wrong. Why?

I will not waste my time making answers to your presumptuous claims or accusations. The spirit burns in your head. I am sure you can feel it when your anger wells up within you. Either worship in spirit and truth or don't and suffer whatever that outcome may be.

I won't be answering any of more your inquiries so take your questions to someone who cares about you and your bs.

Any more of my questions? You have yet to answer even one of them. Spouting platitudes is not an answer. If there is a God, I'm pretty sure he's embarrassed by your pathetic attempts to describe him, and what he might want us to know.

Here's the circular dilemma....
If we "found" something ....where would "faith" be needed? What would serve to separate those who found "God" through faith from those who simply were forced into it? It all boggles the inept human mind, but IF there is a God, all this could be the reason? Maybe?

Perhaps we've only found what was intended to be found. Just enough...maybe. I'm not saying I know. Just a hypothesis.
Thanks!

1 - Why has God been evolving for thousands of years?

that may be though they are perceived as pure so that core probably remains the same.

mankind's interpretation may be more what you are asking and that is not verifiable from a constant source so remains in flux however certain properties as the Apex of Knowledge combined with logical summation will produce a result whether the Almighty exists or not so to allow a freed Spirit to become one if there is an absence - don't count on that is the best default.

Cliff Note - from Antiquity: the Triumph of Good vs Evil is required for Admission to the Everlasting, the Almighty tells a Triumphant Spirit which they accomplished, everyone else simply perishes.

Another false premise.

It's real.

That's a good point. Why is "anything" considered "right" or "wrong"? Where does the entire foundation of right and wrong come from? It actually varies somewhat depending on the culture but across most of humanity, we share a common ground on right and wrong. Why?
personal emotion? ancient philosophy?

A lot of ancient writings out there. Prior to written records people passed down information from generation to generation.

I would only be able to speculate on what ancients did unless I was shown something about it in a vision or something. I would assume communications were done by the spirit much like it is now either by vision or in dreams.

what is false?

Oh dear jesus.
NEWSFLASH : the NT is an evolution of a God. That pretty much shuts down your first paragraph.
For the second, show me where the bible talks about god grabbing his followers from earth to take them to heaven. Also, something to consider : Isnt the very idea of the church abandoning people in the roughest times, go against EVERYTHING it is built upon?
Nobody wrote down the religion? Did the books magically appear one day?
I hate Christians like you that bad mouth atheists that are intolerant over the word of god when you cant even discuss things without telling someone to go fuck yourself. Makes you sound like a pseudo-christian.
People like you are why so many people call Christians such hypocrites. I believe in the bible you are supposed to spread the word of god. Not talk shit like some fucking intolerant asshole.
This is the second time you have cussed me because we think differently. Because i triggered your sensibilities. FUCK YOU KG.
Actually that NT is an evolution of the seasons/ages of humankind. Steps in time.

I hate lying atheists who present lies and pretend those lies are evidence that Chistians are stupid.

I hate liars. Children of Satan, spawn of the devil. Deceivers, idolators. No wonder you hate Christians. All liars do.

Forum List

Back