The essence of the facts

How many of you are there?

If who 'we' are is 'our ' gift to God ya'll must hate him.
He thinks his delusions apply to everyone.

But then again, so do you. :biggrin:
You have rationalized that you are doing good when you are doing wrong. Do you really believe you should call anyone else delusional?
Says the guy who believes in an invisible superbeing that no one has ever seen.
Yes. Says that guy.

Of course I don’t see God as an invisible superbeing. But I know you need to maintain your delusions.
Too bad you already said “Yes. Says that guy”. :lol:
That's why I said, yes, that guy. Of course I don’t see God as an invisible superbeing. But I know you need to maintain your delusions.

Who we are is God’s gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God.

But even if we do not reach our potential we are still God’s creatures.

You have rationalized that you are doing good when you are doing wrong. Do you really believe you should call anyone else delusional?

but his heart is in the right place----midchest----tilted slightly left
I believe my heart is in the right place. Is yours?

Of course God will be the judge of that.

nope----just get a chest X-ray

Higher meanings go over your head, I see.

that which is higher-----falls with greater FORCE -------because
F = ma. the LD50 for human freefall is 40 feet

Your facts are wrong so your logic is too.

Damn...

If you had more faith in God maybe you could figure out how to see objective truth.

Really? Unless I bow down before I lie I won't believe it? uh oh.... Thats never going to happen.

woe is me.

In the parable of the prodigal son the father was waiting for the son to return but the son had to take the first step. Once he did the father came rushing towards him.

It’s like that.

When Jesus emerged from the waters after the baptism of John done as a token of repentance for the forgiveness of sins, "the heavens opened up to him" and he was led by the Spirit into the wilderness where he was tempted by the devil and lived among the wild beasts.

You haven't repented. Its impossible that the heavens opened up to you.

In the story, the prodigal son became so destitute and famished that he almost ate the garbage that he eaked out a living feeding to the pigs. Almost. That's when he returned to his father and his father met him halfway etc.

Unlike the prodigal son you not only started eating that garbage, you jumped into the pigpen with deranged abandon, got firmly stuck in the mud, were covered in filth, became oblivious to the stench, and happily settled into your new life. Jesus was crucified,(even though he was innocent), you were saved, (even though you are guilty). In the name of the father the son tada!

Yippee! What a deal! Three square meals and a mud puddle! All I have to do is eat a little shit. Praise the Lord!

Now every time some other pauper comes along to feed the pigs you feel like the son of a king.

Its like that.

I don't believe you know what is meant by repent. I think you think you know, but I know you don't. Point being you can't possibly know if I have or have not.

The reason you had to be told the horrible life he was leading and hear him rehearse his apology was because there would have never been a chance to hear it because once the father saw the son make a move he came rushing at him and then it was all about the feast and celebration. The father did not meet him half way. He was waiting for his return. Something that would have been unheard of in those days. The entire parable is about our relationship with God the Father. We are the prodigal son. The Father is waiting for us to make a move. I've done that. You haven't. You don't know what you speak of. But you sure do like criticizing and denigrating those that have.

that which is higher-----falls with greater FORCE -------because
F = ma. the LD50 for human freefall is 40 feet
I think you are lost.

If you had more faith in God maybe you could figure out how to see objective truth.

Really? Unless I bow down before I lie I won't believe it? uh oh.... Thats never going to happen.

woe is me.

In the parable of the prodigal son the father was waiting for the son to return but the son had to take the first step. Once he did the father came rushing towards him.

It’s like that.

When Jesus emerged from the waters after the baptism of John done as a token of repentance for the forgiveness of sins, "the heavens opened up to him" and he was led by the Spirit into the wilderness where he was tempted by the devil and lived among the wild beasts.

In the story, the prodigal son became so destitute and famished that he almost ate the garbage that he eaked out a living feeding to the pigs. Almost. That's when he returned to his father and his father met him halfway etc.

Unlike the prodigal son you not only started eating that garbage, you jumped into the pigpen with deranged abandon, got firmly stuck in the mud, were covered in filth, became oblivious to the stench, and happily settled into your new life. Jesus was crucified,(even though he was innocent), you were saved, (even though you are guilty). In the name of the father the son tada!

Yippee! What a deal! Three square meals and a mud puddle! All I have to do is eat a little shit. Praise the Lord!

Now every time some other pauper comes along to feed the pigs you feel like the son of a king.

Its like that.

I don't believe you know what is meant by repent. I think you think you know, but I know you don't. Point being you can't possibly know if I have or have not.

The reason you had to be told the horrible life he was leading and hear him rehearse his apology was because there would have never been a chance to hear it because once the father saw the son make a move he came rushing at him and then it was all about the feast and celebration. The father did not meet him half way. He was waiting for his return. Something that would have been unheard of in those days. The entire parable is about our relationship with God the Father. We are the prodigal son. The Father is waiting for us to make a move. I've done that. You haven't. You don't know what you speak of. But you sure do like criticizing and denigrating those that have.

sheeesh gentlemen-----it's a little parable-------not a case study out
of the clinical files of Freud and Breuer

woe is me.

It’s like that.

Its like that.

There’s quite a lot of wisdom in that little parable.

Do you believe that God uses all things for the good of those who love him?

woe is me.

It’s like that.

Its like that.

Little parable-----in the tradition of the Midrash. ----and --for that matter AESOP "god uses things....." ????

It’s like that.

Its like that.

Little parable-----in the tradition of the Midrash. ----and --for that matter AESOP "god uses things....." ????
Sure. You can include Aesop.

Do you know for what purpose though?

Its like that.

the purpose of parables in HUMAN LITERATURE?

Remember when Walt Disney set up ping pong balls on mouse traps and then tossed one ball into the array?---------try to remember----it was
NUCLEAR FISSION

No. The purpose of God using all things for the good of those who love him.

Remember when Walt Disney set up ping pong balls on mouse traps and then tossed one ball into the array?---------try to remember----it was
NUCLEAR FISSION
No. I don’t remember that.

oh------"GOD" writes parables ----not Aesop

Now you are being obtuse.

NUCLEAR FISSION
No. I don’t remember that.

I am older than are you--------remember Jimeney Cricket?

Now you are being obtuse.

nevah

Forum List

Back