The End Of The Warrior Culture?

The incident itself is reported, but not the victim or the perp at the victim's own request.

So to you, the wishes of the victim are irrelevant, right? You do not care at all for the victims of sexual assault.

That is sad.

Your words not mine. To the contrary, sweeping the problem under the rug, like the military, does not solve a thing.

Hey, then let's mandate that all victims of sexual assault file full reports, how about that!

No more anonymity, if you are assaulted you get no privacy. And let's put some real teeth in it, if you refuse to say who assaulted you, we put you in jail!

Thank you for the inquisition Snookie. You have just rolled the clock back 40 years on how we handle these things, and made these people victims all over again.

This is the way civilians handle it. You can be put in jail for contempt for not testifying.

Rapists can hide behind loopholes in the UCMJ, the way it is now.

This is the way civilians handle it. You can be put in jail for contempt for not testifying.

Really?

Oh please give us an example then of a civilian that called a Rape Crisis hotline, then went to jail because she refused to name her attacker.

Please, give me anybody who was arrested and convicted because they refused to name their attacker for anything.

Please give me one, I would love to see it.

Really?

Oh please give us an example then of a civilian that called a Rape Crisis hotline, then went to jail because she refused to name her attacker.

Please, give me anybody who was arrested and convicted because they refused to name their attacker for anything.

I saw it on law and order. 17-Year-Old Imprisoned for Failing To Testify Against Her Alleged Rapist http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-not-testifying-own-rape-trial_n_1510058.html Want more?

Last edited:

Really?

I saw it on law and order. 17-Year-Old Imprisoned for Failing To Testify Against Her Alleged Rapist Nebraska Rape Trial: Woman Can Serve 90 Days In Jail For Refusing To Testify Want more?

And do you think this is right? You honestly endorse putting victims in jail?

Now excuse me as I look at you in complete disgust as you actually endorse putting victims in prison. And you have just set back attempts to help these individuals by decades. I find this totally reprehensible and abhorrent.

I guess next you would support putting women in jail for wearing "sexy clothing", because they "asked for it".

Really?

I saw it on law and order. 17-Year-Old Imprisoned for Failing To Testify Against Her Alleged Rapist Nebraska Rape Trial: Woman Can Serve 90 Days In Jail For Refusing To Testify Want more?

And do you think this is right? You honestly endorse putting victims in jail?

Now excuse me as I look at you in complete disgust as you actually endorse putting victims in prison. And you have just set back attempts to help these individuals by decades. I find this totally reprehensible and abhorrent.

I guess next you would support putting women in jail for wearing "sexy clothing", because they "asked for it".

Don't lay a guilt trip on me. I didn't write the laws.

Really?

I remember a Republican politician a while back saying almost the same thing.

And I could not care less, I find it reprehensible no matter who says that.

This however proves to me that you could not care less about the people themselves, only the politics. Which is why I absolutely hate political individuals.

And I could not care less, I find it reprehensible no matter who says that.

This however proves to me that you could not care less about the people themselves, only the politics. Which is why I absolutely hate political individuals.

That's a lot of people to be hating on, like three quarters of the internetz.

Callie is an aberration. Soldiers who show signs of abnormal desire for killing are subject to an evaluation and perhaps rehabilitation then if unresponsive discharge. For example:

"1-16. Counseling and rehabilitative requirements

a. General. Army leaders at all levels must be continually aware of their obligation to provide purpose, direction, and motivation to Soldiers. It is essential that Soldiers who falter, but have the potential to serve honorably and well, be given every opportunity to succeed. Effective leadership is particularly important in the case of Soldiers serving their initial enlistments. Except as otherwise indicated in this regulation, commanders must make maximum use of counseling and rehabilitation before determining that a Soldier has no potential for further useful service and, therefore, should be separated. In this regard, commanders will ensure that adequate counseling and rehabilitative measures are taken before initiating separation proceedings for the following reasons:

(2) Personality disorder. (See para 5-13.)

(3) Other designated physical or mental conditions. (See para 5-17)"

Active Duty Enlisted Administrative Separations

While not fool proof there are provisions which commanders must take into consideration.

Good old AR 635-200. I was a battery clerk in the army and I did the paper work for a many discharges under AR 635=208.

I realize I may sound disrespectful but that is not my intention.

The military, nowdays is put on a pedestal, mainly because of neocon propaganda. Most people nowdays are afraid to criticize the military.

Only now after many years are more female soldiers reporting rapes which they were afraid to do in the past because of retaliation from superior officers.

My whole feeling ion this subject is that this country is getting to be like the roman empire before it's fall.

There is nothing in the constitution about the US being the world's policeman.
I even think we should get rid of the all volunteer forces and bring back the draft before we become a banana republic.

"Neocon propaganda" is not the main cause for the the military's status today. The military was on a pedestal during and after WWII and enjoyed that until Vietnam. The current outflow of sentiment toward the military started after 9/11; people want and need to be protected, that is what the military represents. People celebrate and exalt their protectors, the public values their military.

Good point. Only a hate filled left wing A-hole would be so ignorant to suggest that "neocons" respond to propaganda about the Military. Whatever you think or don't think about "neocons" or rednecks or conservatives, they have always supported and respected the Military. It's the bi-polar left that supports the Military only during democrat administrations. American kids fresh from Vietnam had to take off their uniforms in airports or risk being assaulted by gangs of left wingers. Cindy Sheehan's crazy anti-war activists were engaged in all sorts of radicalism and they disappeared once Obama was elected even though the Military missions were the same.

Good old AR 635-200. I was a battery clerk in the army and I did the paper work for a many discharges under AR 635=208.

The military, nowdays is put on a pedestal, mainly because of neocon propaganda. Most people nowdays are afraid to criticize the military.

Only now after many years are more female soldiers reporting rapes which they were afraid to do in the past because of retaliation from superior officers.

My whole feeling ion this subject is that this country is getting to be like the roman empire before it's fall.

I even think we should get rid of the all volunteer forces and bring back the draft before we become a banana republic.

"Neocon propaganda" is not the main cause for the the military's status today. The military was on a pedestal during and after WWII and enjoyed that until Vietnam. The current outflow of sentiment toward the military started after 9/11; people want and need to be protected, that is what the military represents. People celebrate and exalt their protectors, the public values their military.

Good point. Only a hate filled left wing A-hole would be so ignorant to suggest that "neocons" respond to propaganda about the Military. Whatever you think or don't think about "neocons" or rednecks or conservatives, they have always supported and respected the Military. It's the bi-polar left that supports the Military only during democrat administrations. American kids fresh from Vietnam had to take off their uniforms in airports or risk being assaulted by gangs of left wingers. Cindy Sheehan's crazy anti-war activists were engaged in all sorts of radicalism and they disappeared once Obama was elected even though the Military missions were the same.

Yes, they have always supported the military. Just like the Roman Empire.

I flew standby many times during Vietnam war and never experienced gangs of lefties assaulting military. Probably isolated incidences you heard about in grade school and you think that's how things were everywhere.

Last edited:

I flew standby many times during Vietnam war and never experienced gangs of lefties assaulting military. Probably isolated incidences you heard about in grade school and you think that's how things were everywhere.

I think a study was done regarding the spitting charges and not one verifiable incident was discovered.

I think a study was done regarding the spitting charges and not one verifiable incident was discovered.

It's a right wing urban legend like the "welfare Cadillac".

That is because the status was so freaking high.

The research mandated that it had to be captured clearly on film, with both the attacker and target identified. And there were a bunch of other qualifiers as well (like being eyewitnessed by reporters and reported at the time). There was a stack of qualifiers that had to be met in order for the author of the book to admit it really happened, including being filmed, being eyewitnessed and reported by a member of the media, or a conviction for the offense in a court of law.

It was not even a "study", it was a book by Jerry Lembcke called "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam".

Sorry, but it was a bunch of crap, not even a study. It was little more then an attempt to compare Veterans and their supporters with the Nazi Party.

I have been spit at, but never "called reporters". That is like the ultimate in stupidity. And it is not like spitting is not unheard of in these protests, especially if the libards think somebody in the "opposition" is present.

Last edited by a moderator:

*nods*

Yep, urban legend.

Picture-21.png

The Rochester Sentinel - Google News Archive Search

Gadsden Times - Google News Archive Search

I could go on, but why bother? You will simply ignore it and say it never happened or give some other kind of excuse.

*nods*

Yep, urban legend.

Picture-21.png

I could go on, but why bother? You will simply ignore it and say it never happened or give some other kind of excuse.

Racial stereotyping by reagan, implying that every negro on welfare was cheating. Notice he used a black woman. It's a fallacy implying guilt by association.

Racial stereotyping by reagan, implying that every negro on welfare was cheating. Notice he used a black woman. It's a fallacy implying guilt by association.

How about the simple fact that she was an egregious example, having taken at least $150,000 illegally from fraudulent welfare claims?

Why in the hell does everything have to be about race with people like you? YOu demanded an example, I provided one, you scream it is racism. I could not care if she was Black, Red, White, Yellow, Brown, Pink , Chartreuse, or Plaid, it is an example that they are not all "urban legend" (and if you bothered to look I actually provided 2 different cases).

How about the simple fact that she was an egregious example, having taken at least $150,000 illegally from fraudulent welfare claims?

Why in the hell does everything have to be about race with people like you? YOu demanded an example, I provided one, you scream it is racism. I could not care if she was Black, Red, White, Yellow, Brown, Pink , Chartreuse, or Plaid, it is an example that they are not all "urban legend" (and if you bothered to look I actually provided 2 different cases).
Yeah I guess it's coincedence with you, the two links you provided.

Fraud? Hell yes, there is fraud every where. There is so much fraud in medicare that it is hard to report it on the medicare hot line because the phone lines are always busy.

Look at the wall street and banking thieves who swindled people out of thousands of times more money than the welfare queens ever could.

I get reports from the inspector general's office every week about doctors who are imprisoned for millions in health care fraud.

The only ones you people ever cite are poor people on welfare.

There are lots of people on welfare who I believe are committing fraud. I have known such people in my life. I always report them, bam.:blahblah::frown:

*nods*

Yep, urban legend.

Picture-21.png

your 'implication' is your own;

The Washington Post reported that Linda Taylor, to whom Reagan was referring, was "known as the Welfare Queen, for she is credited with taking in more than $150,000 a year in welfare benefits...[police detectives allege that she] had at least 26 aliases, with identifications to match; was listed at more than a score of telephone numbers; could show her address at more than 30 locations in and around Chicago; owned a portfolio of stocks and bonds under various names and a garage full of autos, including a Cadillac, Lincoln and a Chevy wagon; had three Social Security cards; was wed to several husbands who had died; had recently wed a 21-year-old sailor at a nearby naval training center; and was about to leave on a Hawaiian vacation." [7]

Linda Taylor was ultimately charged with committing $8,000 in fraud and having four aliases.[8] She was convicted of illegally obtaining 23 welfare checks using two aliases.[9] She was sentenced to two to six years in prison.[10]

last I checked there were more white folks on welfare and, I will wager ( I have not checked) its always been so..... ....you took it as a slam on Negroes, as its a get out of jail free card so as to cast aspersions on him, side tracking the issue....using your rubric, if I say that the murder rate in urban areas is simply out of hand you could say same, using the ole false flag disparate impact BS......just like the sec. of labor does :lol:

Forum List

Back