The End Of The Warrior Culture?

I was a Platoon Sergeant for three different platoons during my career. And I cannot tell you how careful we had to be to be certain that sexual charges could not and would not be brought against us.

During an in ranks inspection we had to request permission from the soldier to touch their uniform to make an adjustment, male or female. There is a regulation that states how high above the knee a female Dress uniform skirt can be. As a male platoon Sergeant i had to have a female Sergeant measure the skirts because i was not permitted to touch them.

well said, my experience was the same;

when I was going thru Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course (BNCOC) back in the early 80's we had a floor of a 4 floor barracks that had female candidates only, we took turns 'in command' as NCOIC, we were told straight up, don't go up to that floor to perform walks thrus etc. as our duty called for without at least 3 witnesses with you at all times and the rest , touching etc. exactly...it goes that far back, 0ver 30 friggin years;)

and on the same note, I add the following;

I had to snip the article to get the pertinent pieces, see the link for the full verbiage;

May 19, 2013, 6:16 p.m. ET

The Pentagon's Bad Math on Sexual Assault
Potential recruits need to know that serving in the military doesn't turn a woman into a victim.

the Defense Department's May 7 release of its 2012 Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military, the media and lawmakers have been abuzz. The report's estimate that last year 26,000 service members experienced unwanted sexual contact prompted many to conclude, incorrectly, that this reliably estimated the number of victims of sexual assault.

The 2012 estimate was also significantly higher than the last estimate, causing some to proclaim a growing "epidemic" of sexual assault in the military. The truth is that the 26,000 figure is such bad math—derived from an unscientific sample set and extrapolated military-wide—that no conclusions can be drawn from it.

snip-

It is disheartening to me, as a female officer in the Marine Corps and a judge advocate devoted to the professional practice of law in the military, to see Defense Department leaders and members of Congress deal with this emotionally charged issue without the benefit of solid, verifiable data. The 26,000 estimate is based on the 2012 Workplace and Gender Relations Survey of Active Duty Military. The WGRA survey was fielded throughout all branches of the military in September and November 2012. As the report indicates, "Completed surveys were received from 22,792 eligible respondents," while "the total sample consisted of 108,478 individuals." In other words, one in five of the active-duty military personnel to whom the survey was sent responded.

I am one of those who responded to the survey after receiving an email with an online link. None of the males in my office received the email, though nearly every other female did. We have no way of knowing the exact number of male or female respondents to the 2012 WGRA survey because that information wasn't released.

snip-

The term "sexual assault" was not used in the WGRA survey. Instead, the survey refers to "unwanted sexual contact," which includes touching the buttocks and attempted touching. All of that behavior is wrongful, but it doesn't comport with the conventional definition of sexual assault or with the legal definition of sexual assault in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as enacted by Congress.

Nevertheless, to achieve the 26,000 military-wide estimate in 2012 (and 19,000 in 2010) over half of the victims must have been male. Of course, male victims do exist, but empirically males do not constitute anywhere near the majority of victims of unwanted sexual contact—no less sexual assault.

Here is what we do know: The actual number of reported sexual assaults in the military in 2012 was 3,374, up from 3,192 in 2011. These figures include reports by civilians against service members. Of the 3,374 total cases reported last year, only 12%-14% were reported by men.

more at;

Lindsay Rodman: The Pentagon's Bad Math on Sexual Assault - WSJ.com
snip-

*nods*

Yep, urban legend.

Picture-21.png

The Rochester Sentinel - Google News Archive Search

Gadsden Times - Google News Archive Search

I could go on, but why bother? You will simply ignore it and say it never happened or give some other kind of excuse.

Racial stereotyping by reagan, implying that every negro on welfare was cheating. Notice he used a black woman. It's a fallacy implying guilt by association.

your 'implication' is your own;

The Washington Post reported that Linda Taylor, to whom Reagan was referring, was "known as the Welfare Queen, for she is credited with taking in more than $150,000 a year in welfare benefits...[police detectives allege that she] had at least 26 aliases, with identifications to match; was listed at more than a score of telephone numbers; could show her address at more than 30 locations in and around Chicago; owned a portfolio of stocks and bonds under various names and a garage full of autos, including a Cadillac, Lincoln and a Chevy wagon; had three Social Security cards; was wed to several husbands who had died; had recently wed a 21-year-old sailor at a nearby naval training center; and was about to leave on a Hawaiian vacation." [7]

Linda Taylor was ultimately charged with committing $8,000 in fraud and having four aliases.[8] She was convicted of illegally obtaining 23 welfare checks using two aliases.[9] She was sentenced to two to six years in prison.[10]

last I checked there were more white folks on welfare and, I will wager ( I have not checked) its always been so..... ....you took it as a slam on Negroes, as its a get out of jail free card so as to cast aspersions on him, side tracking the issue....using your rubric, if I say that the murder rate in urban areas is simply out of hand you could say same, using the ole false flag disparate impact BS......just like the sec. of labor does :lol:

No matter what the color it's still "Willie Horton politics.

and on the same note, I add the following;

I had to snip the article to get the pertinent pieces, see the link for the full verbiage;

May 19, 2013, 6:16 p.m. ET

The Pentagon's Bad Math on Sexual Assault
Potential recruits need to know that serving in the military doesn't turn a woman into a victim.

the Defense Department's May 7 release of its 2012 Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military, the media and lawmakers have been abuzz. The report's estimate that last year 26,000 service members experienced unwanted sexual contact prompted many to conclude, incorrectly, that this reliably estimated the number of victims of sexual assault.

The 2012 estimate was also significantly higher than the last estimate, causing some to proclaim a growing "epidemic" of sexual assault in the military. The truth is that the 26,000 figure is such bad math—derived from an unscientific sample set and extrapolated military-wide—that no conclusions can be drawn from it.

snip-

It is disheartening to me, as a female officer in the Marine Corps and a judge advocate devoted to the professional practice of law in the military, to see Defense Department leaders and members of Congress deal with this emotionally charged issue without the benefit of solid, verifiable data. The 26,000 estimate is based on the 2012 Workplace and Gender Relations Survey of Active Duty Military. The WGRA survey was fielded throughout all branches of the military in September and November 2012. As the report indicates, "Completed surveys were received from 22,792 eligible respondents," while "the total sample consisted of 108,478 individuals." In other words, one in five of the active-duty military personnel to whom the survey was sent responded.

I am one of those who responded to the survey after receiving an email with an online link. None of the males in my office received the email, though nearly every other female did. We have no way of knowing the exact number of male or female respondents to the 2012 WGRA survey because that information wasn't released.

snip-

The term "sexual assault" was not used in the WGRA survey. Instead, the survey refers to "unwanted sexual contact," which includes touching the buttocks and attempted touching. All of that behavior is wrongful, but it doesn't comport with the conventional definition of sexual assault or with the legal definition of sexual assault in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as enacted by Congress.

Nevertheless, to achieve the 26,000 military-wide estimate in 2012 (and 19,000 in 2010) over half of the victims must have been male. Of course, male victims do exist, but empirically males do not constitute anywhere near the majority of victims of unwanted sexual contact—no less sexual assault.

Here is what we do know: The actual number of reported sexual assaults in the military in 2012 was 3,374, up from 3,192 in 2011. These figures include reports by civilians against service members. Of the 3,374 total cases reported last year, only 12%-14% were reported by men.

more at;

Lindsay Rodman: The Pentagon's Bad Math on Sexual Assault - WSJ.com
snip-

You are entitled to your opinions but mine is that the military has a long history of covering their asses.

My battery commander used to get pissed off at me for putting the battery accidents on the "Morning Report". Most accidents went unreported.

And who was it that brought up Willie Horton during the Presidential Campaign?

Why, it was Al Gore, in the New York Primary!

Racist Bastard Nobel Peace Prize winner! How dare he drag race into something!

Now please tell me what this means, eh? Either race matters in everything and Al Gore is a racist for bringing this all up, or race can actually mean nothing, and he was just somebody commenting on the bad decision of the Governor to allow murderers with life sentences to be released on furlough.

And do not even try the "Race only counts if it involves a Republican" crap, it only makes you look more foolish then you already have done to yourself.

Now please tell me what this means, eh? Either race matters in everything and Al Gore is a racist for bringing this all up, or race can actually mean nothing, and he was just somebody commenting on the bad decision of the Governor to allow murderers with life sentences to be released on furlough.

And do not even try the "Race only counts if it involves a Republican" crap, it only makes you look more foolish then you already have done to yourself.

It gotten to the point where the revisionist history of you people is apparent to anyone with a brain that they are nothing but pathological lies.

It gotten to the point where the revisionist history of you people is apparent to anyone with a brain that they are nothing but pathological lies.

Yes, pathological lies, that describes you perfectly.

Now listen closely, this is from 1988:

Gore went after Dukakis again when, given the opportunity to question him directly, he brought up a prison reform program that Dukakis had sponsored in Massachusetts, which granted weekend passes to prisoners, including some serving life sentences for murder. As Gore noted, 11 of these convicts failed to return, and two committed murders.

Asked About Prison Program

"If you were elected President, would you advocate a similar program for federal penitentiaries?" Gore asked to hoots and laughter from the audience.

"Al, the difference between you and me is that I have run a criminal justice system and you never have," Dukakis replied heatedly. "Let me tell you that I'm very proud of my record when it comes to fighting crime."

But Gore insisted that Dukakis answer the question directly, and the governor said: "Obviously not."
Gore, Dukakis Tangle During N.Y. Debate - Los Angeles Times

Now who is the liar, and who is telling the truth? Or are you saying that the LA Times is lying, all the way back in April 1988?

Gore went after Dukakis again when, given the opportunity to question him directly, he brought up a prison reform program that Dukakis had sponsored in Massachusetts, which granted weekend passes to prisoners, including some serving life sentences for murder. As Gore noted, 11 of these convicts failed to return, and two committed murders.

"If you were elected President, would you advocate a similar program for federal penitentiaries?" Gore asked to hoots and laughter from the audience.

"Al, the difference between you and me is that I have run a criminal justice system and you never have," Dukakis replied heatedly. "Let me tell you that I'm very proud of my record when it comes to fighting crime."

But Gore insisted that Dukakis answer the question directly, and the governor said: "Obviously not."

Now who is the liar, and who is telling the truth? Or are you saying that the LA Times is lying, all the way back in April 1988?

I did not see willie horton mentioned in any of your links.

Strawman. You are trying to delfect the subject. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y]Willie Horton 1988 Attack Ad - YouTube[/ame]

from wikipedia
The first person to mention the Massachusetts furlough program in the 1988 presidential campaign was Al Gore. During a debate before the New York primary, Gore took issue with the furlough program. However, he did not specifically mention the Horton incident or even his name, instead asking a general question about the Massachusetts furlough program.[8]
Republicans picked up the Horton issue after Dukakis clinched the nomination. In June 1988, Republican candidate George H.W. Bush seized on the Horton case, bringing it up repeatedly in campaign speeches. Bush's campaign manager, Lee Atwater, said "By the time we're finished, they're going to wonder whether Willie Horton is Dukakis' running mate."[9]

The whole story of which you left out the second part. Same as a lie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back