The EGO battery operated lawn mower.

A lot of people love their EV mowers. I do mine. As you note, quiet and lightweight. Now others have to chime in "It won't work for me".

No one is demanding you buy one.
I have not tried to prevent you from owning a electric mower

But wacko greenies in california are banning gas powered mowers

So who is the enemy of of who?

I have not tried to prevent you from owning a electric mower

But wacko greenies in california are banning gas powered mowers

So who is the enemy of of who?
Agreed, there should be choice.
With more devices going electric while the grid is being reduced, should be seen as folly.
The battery on mine last less than an hour on Low and then needs nearly as long to charge.
And there are some limits on the power versus gas, not to mention the tank fills quicker than the battery charges.
For most of my needs the battery one will do, but there are times and places where I will use the gas one still.

Absolutely. There is no comparison.
No getting gas, no oil, no cleaning filters, no smoke, no first time starting issues - and 1/4 the noise.

I like how easy it is to turn on and off.
No wondering if the mower will start
You can mow a little bit, stop and do something else and start back up by pushing a button.

My yard?
1/3 acre is not postage stamp size in the city. At all.
That is right there on the precipice between mowing with a push mower or riding mower.
Yeah it is.

1/3 of an acre is a puny plot of land.

It's small enough to do with a reel mower

I like how easy it is to turn on and off.
No wondering if the mower will start
You can mow a little bit, stop and do something else and start back up by pushing a button.
If you take care of your equipment you never have to wonder if the engine will start.

I know my tractor will start up every spring and every time I use it all summer

If you take care of your equipment you never have to wonder if the engine will start.

Lib greenies are even to blame for gas powered starting problems since their fear of global warming gave us ethanol in the gasoline which turns to crap in the winter

How much maintenance on an electric mower?

:rolleyes:
Not in the city. Do you need an explanation of what a city is?
I don't care where it is 1/3 of an acre is a small lot that you can mow with a reel mower in no time. There is no way 1/3 of an acre needs a riding mower no matter where it is.

Blasphemy!

Y'all go on ahead with that electric bullshit, I'm stickin' with my John Deere and Echo weed whacker.
If I had a postage stamp yard--maybe. But with the yard I've got, I'm not giving up the gas yard tractor, weed whacker, blower or chain saw. Electric will never replace those. As for "hard to start"-- if you burn all the gas out of it each time you use it, it won't be hard to start.

I have one. Third year with zero running issues.

My only issue is keeping it clean, can’t just spray it off.

Ease of use is number 1 in my book. Got a larger yard? The batteries take 45 minutes to charge. Beer time.

Forum List

Back