The EGO battery operated lawn mower.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I am now beginning the 2nd season of owning this mower.
I did a LOT of research and YouTube videos of different EV mowers before deciding on this brand.
My yard is 1/3 acre and I can mow the whole yard easily on one charge.
The 56V model (you should not consider an less voltage) has "auto turbo" mode that increases torque and speed of the blade when mowing tall grass. And with that - it blazes through tall/thick spring grass like it isn't even there.
It is self propelled, I don't use it for the whole yard, but probably about half of it and again easily in one charge.
It is whisper quiet. All you hear is the sound of the blade hitting the grass.
I love this thing. It is the most recommended brand out there.

ssss.jpg

I can't justify the cost. I mow multiple yards and the extra batteries I would have to purchase make it a poor choice. Also have one yard that a neighbor can't access the back very easily due to wetness. It gets quite tall and her electric mower will not work there. Glad you are having success.

I can't justify the cost. I mow multiple yards and the extra batteries I would have to purchase make it a poor choice. Also have one yard that a neighbor can't access the back very easily due to wetness. It gets quite tall and her electric mower will not work there. Glad you are having success.
Battery weed eaters are ok for most suburban yards but not everyone’s is postage stamp size like yours

Well it is not meant to be a commercial mower. Obviously.

Battery weed eaters are ok for most suburban yards but not everyone’s is postage stamp size like yours
My yard?
1/3 acre is not postage stamp size in the city. At all.
That is right there on the precipice between mowing with a push mower or riding mower.

Oh.. and another reason I chose this brand was learning about Chevron (who owns the brand) is building two facilities, one in OH and the other in GA to make these and other EV power equipment.

Even a half acre defeats your mower
Not at all. After mowing my 1/3 acre it still has about 40% power left according to the gauge on the charger.
It could do 1/2 acre for sure.
I doubt it could do a whole acre unless it was all flat.

I have an electric trimmer. I can justify that because I have a blower with the same battery. This allows me to switch out batteries and complete my work.

Not at all. After mowing my 1/3 acre it still has about 40% power left according to the gauge on the charger.
You also did some good research prior to buying. The right tool for the job.

Ok

If you’re happy I’m happy

Just dont try to push one off on me

I have an electric trimmer. I can justify that because I have a blower with the same battery. This allows me to switch out batteries and complete my work.
Same here.
After buying an electric trimmer, let's see I believe that was 4 years ago - I will never buy a gas trimmer ever again in a million years. And it has the same battery as the blower also. I can trim the yard and blow the grass twice before needing to recharge.

A lot of people love their EV mowers. I do mine. As you note, quiet and lightweight. Now others have to chime in "It won't work for me".

No one is demanding you buy one.

Forum List

Back