The downside of carrying a firearm...

So we should disarm everyong because of one nut case ?

Should we ban cars when a mental case drives into a crowd?

One nut case???? This happens frequently. And the automobile argument is stupid, but what should we expect.

Driving a car is considered a privilege while keeping and bearing arms is a Constitutional right. What's hard to understand about that?

Another genius jumps in.

Why would you advertise that you have guns to steal and your neighbor doesn't?

Bad guys like guns
Never saw a bad guy that wanted to stare down the wrong end of barrel to steal a gun when he knows he can break into someone else's house and not, and steal something even more valuable like jewelry and/or money.

Never saw a bad guy that was able to break into a gun safe either.

Next dumb thing you have to say?

For some reason, bad guys and guns go together

They are a great occupational tool and can be sold quickly for a lot of money. Not so much my HDTV

It is easy for a bad guy to tell if you are home. Knocking on the door usually helps. He knows for a fact you have guns. If you have a safe, good for you. for some reason, anyone dumb enough to put a stupid sign out like that probably has guns stashed out in the open.......just in case

An expert on crime gun patterns, ATF agent Jay Wachtel says that most guns used in crimes are not stolen out of private gun owners' homes and cars.

In fact, there are a number of sources that allow guns to fall into the wrong hands, with gun thefts at the bottom of the list. Wachtel says one of the most common ways criminals get guns is through straw purchase sales.

The next biggest source of illegal gun transactions where criminals get guns are sales made by legally licensed but corrupt at-home and commercial gun dealers

Another large source of guns used in crimes are unlicensed street dealers who either get their guns through illegal transactions with licensed dealers, straw purchases, or from gun thefts. These illegal dealers turn around and sell these illegally on the street. An additional way criminals gain access to guns is family and friends, either through sales, theft or as gifts.

Source:

Last edited:
For every person that commits a crime with a gun there is zero impact on my possession.

If anything it makes for more reason to carry.

And don't forget that it was at a kids hockey game that a parent got mad at another parent and punched him and killed him. So much for they theory that only guns can kill.

That was a woman actually.

The idea is not, and never has been, that "only" guns can kill. It's that (a) they make it so much easier, and (b) they're hawked continually by the testosterone-drowning NRA mentality to a culture already bent on violence. Guess where that combination leads.

My father was diagnosed has having the predisposition of a psychopath. Not only did he serve in Grenada and The Gulf War, he is a law abiding gun owner and NRA member. He's also a trained marksman. I mean he could have gone DC sniper on the entire neighborhood but he never did. He could have at any time turned his guns on me, my brother, his wife or my grandmother. To say that this culture is "bent on violence" is a misnomer. Criminals are "bent on violence" not law abiding gun owners (with the exception of a few very extenuating circumstances).

No, I'm talking big picture, not just crimes. Our values are those of violence. We've been at war somewhere or other for my entire lifetime, and I'm way older than you. That's a culture of violence. We play video games involving blowing things up and chopping heads off. That's a culture of violence. Every prime time TV lineup and most movies involve some kind of killing or beating or dismemberment. That's a culture of violence. Ingrained values that just glorify death and destruction at every turn.

Hell we even pave over our wetlands and forests and extinguish the flora and fauna therein just as we exterminated Native Americans. If that's not a culture of testosterone-huffing violence I don't know what is. Just look at the very next post after yours:

It's more than obvious you have no balls.

Your witness, counselor.

Last edited:
yes, we are. Safe from the government. And thats the exact reason for the 2nd amendment.

Very true.....

Our society is suffering from the Gubmint gunning down 13,000 Americans a year

The 2nd amendment was about protecting Americans from redcoats and indians. Since neither is now a threat, the 2nd amendment is now obsolete.

Nope, the Bill of Rights is 9 limitations on what government can do, and one final option. Jefferson was very clear that he knew that ALL governments grow corrupt and he wanted to make sure that the citizens of this country had the means to remove an illegitimate government.

At this point it appears the retired LEO is in the wrong. However, the other side of the story hasn't been heard.

It is possible that the person texting became belligerent and the retired LEO perceived his behavior as a threat.

We shall see.

So you are saying this was a justified shooting? Explain

Yep. Up until the nutter pulled his gun, the worst damage was caused by thrown popcorn. Popcorn would not have made a three year old an orphan.

The nutters are defending in the indefensible.

So there is no level of violence between popcorn throwing and shooting? you forget a good old fashioned ass-kicking.

And don't forget that it was at a kids hockey game that a parent got mad at another parent and punched him and killed him. So much for they theory that only guns can kill.

True but they do make it a lot quicker and a lot easier...Just saying

I'm thankful that I still live in a country that at least lets me decide if I should own a firearm.

And by the way, over the weekend here in Oregon, a man with a concealed carry permit stopped another man who began to shoot people inside of a nightclub from shooting more people.

So there is no level of violence between popcorn throwing and shooting? you forget a good old fashioned ass-kicking.

That was a woman actually.

The idea is not, and never has been, that "only" guns can kill. It's that (a) they make it so much easier, and (b) they're hawked continually by the testosterone-drowning NRA mentality to a culture already bent on violence. Guess where that combination leads.

That's not the one I was talking about.
Manslaughter Charge in Hockey Death:
A hockey father accused in the beating death of another hockey dad at a youth game pleaded innocent today to a manslaughter charge.

Thomas Junta, 42, of Reading, Mass. was charged with manslaughter for allegedly beating 40-year-old Michael Costin of nearby Lynnfield unconscious on Wednesday in a dispute over rough play in a youth hockey game.

You're missing the point anyway. Whether it's a gun or a fist, it's the person that is the problem.

So we should disarm everyong because of one nut case ?

Should we ban cars when a mental case drives into a crowd?

If mayhem and murder were one's objective, it would be easy to do that. Just find a crowded street, point it and punch it.

Why doesn't that happen all the time? Because we don't have an endless stream of TV shows showing people driving cars into crowds, we don't have endless video games giving the option of driving a car into a crowd, we don't have movies of people driving cars into crowds; we don't have a history of exterminating Indians and making wars by getting into cars and running them down. Nor do we have a culture of swords or poisons or shillelaghs. Rather, we have a culture where all of those media celebrate firearms and explosions. Continuously. As a result we get Luby's and Columbines and Newtowns and Auroras and Austins and Tucsons and Lancasters and Oak Creeks and Virginia Techs and two idiots shooting innocent people from the trunk of a freaking car.

Connect the dots. Ain't rocket surgery.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vox
So?

Does that make up for the guy in the theater?

It does to the guy who defended himself.

Wait, are we talking the guy in the theater? The retired cop with the gun was defending himself......from the dreadful effects of texting in theater? Please tell me you are not...

No, I was responding to a rightwinger post. The shooting in the theatre is simply ridiculous. There is nothing to justify that. Might give people pause though. Are you SURE you only want cops to have guns?

Forum List

Back