the doc called.......

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay he called...she admitted to having some memory issues...so he convinced her of what i have been trying to convince her of for over a year...lets see what it is and deal with it..she gave permission for him to talk to me...(hell has frozen over) and he gave her a mental evaluation...21 and over is normal..10 to 20 is middle of the road....9 and under is severe dementia....

get this the old bat scored a 20....he said it would take her time to come up with the answer but she still process the questions and answers...i swear if he had not seen her prior to his i would swear she hired someone to take this appointment....

now he did say he didnt care for her driving..and we discussed the fact that if he reported her to the state she would turn on him like a snake

she does have a couple of physical issues and will be a busy woman taking test and is being referred to a neuro guy with the mri and all...

so the news is not nearly as bad as expected...

she has a total home security system..thus the police kicking in her door...but she needs one of them necklaces you can wear and push the button on..but those are in her own words are "for old people"

so we are a bit more down the road to deal with all this....i will keep you updated...(i am sure yall were just worried i wouldnt) so far good news..or better news than expected...

thanks for the good wishes, the prayers and just the general....support...it really helped..i can say how much...i would post a sappy cartoon but i am gonna go fuss at gunny .....

Good News Bones! Just in time for Mothers Day! Here, I found you a sappy card!

MothersDay2009.jpg

okay he called...she admitted to having some memory issues...so he convinced her of what i have been trying to convince her of for over a year...lets see what it is and deal with it..she gave permission for him to talk to me...(hell has frozen over) and he gave her a mental evaluation...21 and over is normal..10 to 20 is middle of the road....9 and under is severe dementia....

get this the old bat scored a 20....he said it would take her time to come up with the answer but she still process the questions and answers...i swear if he had not seen her prior to his i would swear she hired someone to take this appointment....

now he did say he didnt care for her driving..and we discussed the fact that if he reported her to the state she would turn on him like a snake

she does have a couple of physical issues and will be a busy woman taking test and is being referred to a neuro guy with the mri and all...

so the news is not nearly as bad as expected...

she has a total home security system..thus the police kicking in her door...but she needs one of them necklaces you can wear and push the button on..but those are in her own words are "for old people"

so we are a bit more down the road to deal with all this....i will keep you updated...(i am sure yall were just worried i wouldnt) so far good news..or better news than expected...

thanks for the good wishes, the prayers and just the general....support...it really helped..i can say how much...i would post a sappy cartoon but i am gonna go fuss at gunny .....
I am glad she doesn't have dementia. Is this your mother in law? I didn't hear the other part of the story, sorry.

no this is my mom....the other thread is dealing with aging parent ...and i am scared....

now i am going out and having a blast....hell i may even do something wrong....

thanks all....thanks esp to cw....who thinks he did very little but has no idea the simple relief it gave me...thanks to everyone....

but before we all get too happy we got more tests etc....he rattled them off...but now i realize she is not insane just a mean old bat....lol

no this is my mom....the other thread is dealing with aging parent ...and i am scared....

now i am going out and having a blast....hell i may even do something wrong....

thanks all....thanks esp to cw....who thinks he did very little but has no idea the simple relief it gave me...thanks to everyone....

but before we all get too happy we got more tests etc....he rattled them off...but now i realize she is not insane just a mean old bat....lol
I wonder is she is related to my grandmother?:razz:

Forum List

Back