Going to the Doctor

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Why don't I like going to the doctor?

I have to go today to see what is wrong with me ( I think it's just a bad sinus infection) but I'm dreading it!

Anyone else feel that way?

i do....i love when they ask me if i am exercising....i reply....you are looking at my fat ass asking me that?

that pretty much ends that conversation

I have to go today to see what is wrong with me ( I think it's just a bad sinus infection) but I'm dreading it!

Careful, they might add you to the "possible" swine flu list ... :tongue:

No, you're a pussy. :lol: Just kidding.

But I heard this story yesterday:

The news comes from a new survey released by the Department of Community Health.
In just three years, the number of doctors with full patient care lists shot up by 20 percent.
In 2008, about 62 percent of general practice centers were full or nearly full. That's up from about 42 percent in 2005.
Story continues belowAdvertisementNew physicians are not going into primary care, which means they aren't being replaced as fast as those retiring.
Dr. Michael Slavin has practiced medicine in Saginaw Township for nearly 30 years.
"We have not been open to new patients but with a few exceptions for 12 years now," he said.
Between himself and his partner, they see 8,000 patients. They are two physicians among thousands across the country trying to keep up with a growing need for more doctors.
"The problem we have is that there are not enough medical school slots available for people who have a passion for medicine and who want to help people," Slavin said.
Slavin says general medicine doesn't always pique the interest of medical students. Instead, they prefer higher-paying specialties.
"How do we get them into primary care? That's the million-dollar question," Slavin said. "Without the primary-care availability, it's a lot harder for our patients to access care."
One way to close the shortage gap is a new Medical School. Central Michigan University is leading the way.
"We recognize there is a particular need for physicians in primary care and this new school will address that," said Central Michigan University Interim Dean of Medicine Cam Enarson.
Saginaw Valley State University graduate Kim Oberski may also help chip away at the nationwide shortage.
"I was thinking about doing primary care just because I wanted to do all kinds of medicine, not to be focused on one thing," Oberski said.
Oberski will enter her first year of medical school at Michigan State University in the fall.
"It's comforting to know I'll have a job down the road," she said.
The hope for CMU's medical school is that the students who are trained in the region will stay to open their own practices.

Good luck.

Been dealing with a sinus infection or something for about the past 6 mos. Hope yours goes better.

I'm pretty good with doctors. Getting shots and blood taken. Now dentists are another story... I'm a big baby when it comes to seeing the dentist. Just mention the word dentist and my heart races and my blood pressure goes up.

OK, I went, wasn't too bad except for waiting for her to come in the examining room for what seemed an eternity. Good thing I got to read WebMD the magazine, and learn how Julie Louis Dreyfus is going green!

It is a sinus infection, so now I'm on antibiotics and nose spray, funzie!

But I'm glad I went, so hopefully this pain inside my head will go away! :eusa_pray:

OK, I went, wasn't too bad except for waiting for her to come in the examining room for what seemed an eternity. Good thing I got to read WebMD the magazine, and learn how Julie Louis Dreyfus is going green!

It is a sinus infection, so now I'm on antibiotics and nose spray, funzie!

But I'm glad I went, so hopefully this pain inside my head will go away! :eusa_pray:

Which antibiotics are you on? I'm on my third round, each progressively stronger ... and vicoden helps with the pain when it gets really bad. Sorry you're feeling crummy though.

I hate going to the doctor, but fortunately I rarely get sick. I just have my yearly visit to the gynecologist to dread. :(

I rarely go to the doctor. Since going the rounds and rounds with them from my son, and from other family members getting the complete run-around as well, I no longer trust them. Manu, you are right. People do take better car of their cars . . . . I should get over my distrust and go get a full physical. I probably won't though. The dentist doesn't thrill me either. Did my dad really have to tell me at a young age what would happen if that high speed drill slipped while it was in my mouth?? I used to take my (stuffed animal) Lassie dog to the dentist when I was little. lol, what a spaz.

EZ, you had a terrible sinus headache a couple of weeks back . . . is this infection related to that? Sinus infections are buggers.

RodISHI - they gave my daughter vicodin last year when she had her wisdom teeth yanked. She loves that vicodin! Good stuff. :D

I have two appointments with my OBGYN coming up, still have not found a Gyno that takes my HMO. My Obygn is a wierdo, but they usually are especially if they are a guy. I just hate having my lady parts looked at.

I have two appointments with my OBGYN coming up, still have not found a Gyno that takes my HMO. My Obygn is a wierdo, but they usually are especially if they are a guy. I just hate having my lady parts looked at.

Yeah, the least he could do is get you drunk first! :lol:

I just got a new doc. He's a nice, handsome guy, so you don't even need to be drunk first. :lol:

(Any of you ladies wanting his info - just PM me.)

I just got a new doc. He's a nice, handsome guy, so you don't even need to be drunk first. :lol:

Ewww. :eek:

If you don't, ask you family doctor to recommend a good Psychiatrist...

Ewww. :eek:

Oh, come on.

If somebody is going to be rootin' around down there, wouldn't you at least rather it be a nice, handsome young guy?

Well, Amanda's 18 and her boyfriend is 41, so I'm guessing she doesn't anymore! :lol:

Forum List

Back