The DNC trogan Horse the the GOP

3. There is no GOP 'purity' tested or not. The GOP has become far more diverse and big tent than the Democrats and is paying the price for that in having a difficult time coming up with candidates that most will support.

fn_spit.gif

What I find absurd is that you can see it on fox but are blind to it on MSNBC when both obviously have this present.

I mean I watch all 3 networks and its blatant how much of a left wing echo chamber MSNBC has become, how left/center CNN is, and how Right/Center FOX is.

Mind you im talking about their opinion people, not the hard news people on each network.

MSNBC is not hard left, unless you feel going after the right wing fringe makes them so. That they do and they do it well. There is no meaningful hard left of any relivance in America today, there is a far right which considers anyone who disagrees with their beliefs as far left. See how they treat those who are life-long R's when they 'err' by questioning 'conservative' dogma.

Maybe you have been following rdean and his logic for too long. Nothing worse than a partisan hack to end an otherwise interesting discussion.

Pitiful. Grow a brain.

LOL. Please help me grow a brain. Tell me, what does hard left mean to you? Since your post calls my opinion "pitful" I presume you can explain in some detail why you do so.

Here is a great example of the dishonesty on the right. Calling MSNBC an echo chamber is absurd. Watch Fox for a full day, the same words are used by all, true echos. In fact the entire right wing offers nothing but echos.

What I find absurd is that you can see it on fox but are blind to it on MSNBC when both obviously have this present.

I mean I watch all 3 networks and its blatant how much of a left wing echo chamber MSNBC has become, how left/center CNN is, and how Right/Center FOX is.

Mind you im talking about their opinion people, not the hard news people on each network.

MSNBC is not hard left, unless you feel going after the right wing fringe makes them so. That they do and they do it well. There is no meaningful hard left of any relivance in America today, there is a far right which considers anyone who disagrees with their beliefs as far left. See how they treat those who are life-long R's when they 'err' by questioning 'conservative' dogma.

To people who lean left MSNBC will not appear to be hard left. However to libertarians (me) and conservatives they appear to be further left than center/left. I wouldn't call them Hard left, just left. Staunch conservatives will call them far left.

Maybe you have been following rdean and his logic for too long. Nothing worse than a partisan hack to end an otherwise interesting discussion.

Pitiful. Grow a brain.

LOL. Please help me grow a brain. Tell me, what does hard left mean to you? Since your post calls my opinion "pitful" I presume you can explain in some detail why you do so.

Pitful?

The hard left are those that embrace the ideological principles of progressivism. The hard right (to me) are either 1) religious zealots that wish to use the government to push a social agenda or 2) those nearing thoughts of zero government (ie anarchy).

It's really not that hard to see.

To people who lean left MSNBC will not appear to be hard left. However to libertarians (me) and conservatives they appear to be further left than center/left. I wouldn't call them Hard left, just left. Staunch conservatives will call them far left.

Some of the people they employ are hard left. Not all, but some.

Fox, on the other hand. Dems on the payroll:

Greta, Geraldo, Juan, Sheppard Smith...

Well, considering they have more left-of-center talkshow hosts than other channels, that would be the more reasonable way to look at it.

Too bad Newt screwed himself...

Yea, telling the truth will fuck you with Republicans, ask David Frum.

You hold up FRUM as credible? How dense are you really?

It's really funny to watch you mindless little puppets mimicking the marching orders of your leaders.

Frum had to be jettisoned because he told the fucking TRUTH. Now you ignorant little puppets MUST dismember anyone your handlers deem not marching in goose step.

David Frum...Waterloo

At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994.

This time, when we went for all the marbles, we ended with none.

Could a deal have been reached? Who knows? But we do know that the gap between this plan and traditional Republican ideas is not very big. The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan. It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994.

What are Libertarians, far left, far right? Surely one cannot define them as mainstream.

What are Libertarians, far left, far right? Surely one cannot define them as mainstream.

Libertarians are socially liberal but financially conservative and staunch supporters of the limits on government that are found in the constitution.

According to Websters "libertarian: A person who upholds the principles of individual liberty especially of thought and action."

Unlike liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians advocate freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare. But Libertarians are also socially tolerant. We won't demand laws or restrictions on other people who we may not agree because of personal actions or lifestyles.

Think of us as a group of people with a "live and let live" mentality and a balanced checkbook.

Libertarians are socially liberal but financially conservative and staunch supporters of the limits on government that are found in the constitution.

According to Websters "libertarian: A person who upholds the principles of individual liberty especially of thought and action."

Unlike liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians advocate freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare. But Libertarians are also socially tolerant. We won't demand laws or restrictions on other people who we may not agree because of personal actions or lifestyles.

Think of us as a group of people with a "live and let live" mentality and a balanced checkbook.
I disagree. Saying one should have a right to smoke weed in their own home does not advocate the smoking of weed.

Perhaps you need to look at whether Libertarians are being hijacked.

Yea, telling the truth will fuck you with Republicans, ask David Frum.

It's really funny to watch you mindless little puppets mimicking the marching orders of your leaders.

Frum had to be jettisoned because he told the fucking TRUTH. Now you ignorant little puppets MUST dismember anyone your handlers deem not marching in goose step.

David Frum...Waterloo

At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994.

Could a deal have been reached? Who knows? But we do know that the gap between this plan and traditional Republican ideas is not very big. The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan. It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994.

Again? *I* Restate...

Pitiful. Grow a brain.

MSNBC is 'hard' left?

What would you call a 3 hour morning show hosted by Joe Scarborough and regularly paneled by Pat Buchanan to represent the right and Harold Ford to represent the left?

I'd call that a conservative show.

Ex-RNC Chief Michael Steele Becomes MSNBC Analyst
Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele is becoming an MSNBC political analyst, effective immediately, the network announced Monday.

Steele, a frequent guest on MSNBC, will appear regularly on the full lineup of MSNBC programming as part of the network's analysts and contributors, a network news release said.

“It’s an honor to contribute and engage in the dialogue on MSNBC,” Steele said. “I look forward to engaging a diverse audience to share insights and analysis about the people, issues, and events shaping America’s future. I’m sure our discussions will be both informative and a bit spirited!”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Ex-RNC Chief Michael Steele Becomes MSNBC Analyst
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

And?.. :eusa_eh:.

Just because someone signs on with a network, doesn't mean they support everything that network stands for.. It just means they want to make their voice have more of a representation on given network.

I think Michael Steele is a decent guy.. I differ with probably 80% of issues with him, but he seems level-headed, and more likely to convince me of his position than any loud-mouthed TeaBagger.

MSNBC and FOX are often equated as both being the same: partisans.. But that's not the case. You can't even hardly distinguish FOX's "news" department from their commentary. MSNBC has Lefty commentators, but also have Morning Joe, a pretty Conservative show by most standards, and many Conservative contributors.. Matt Lewis, Pat Buchanan, Michael Steele, David Frum.. And on and on. And you can for sure tell the difference between the things labeled "news" and the things labeled "opinion". At FOX they just run together.

Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele is becoming an MSNBC political analyst, effective immediately, the network announced Monday.

Steele, a frequent guest on MSNBC, will appear regularly on the full lineup of MSNBC programming as part of the network's analysts and contributors, a network news release said.

“It’s an honor to contribute and engage in the dialogue on MSNBC,” Steele said. “I look forward to engaging a diverse audience to share insights and analysis about the people, issues, and events shaping America’s future. I’m sure our discussions will be both informative and a bit spirited!”

Just because someone signs on with a network, doesn't mean they support everything that network stands for.. It just means they want to make their voice have more of a representation on given network.

I think Michael Steele is a decent guy.. I differ with probably 80% of issues with him, but he seems level-headed, and more likely to convince me of his position than any loud-mouthed TeaBagger.

MSNBC and FOX are often equated as both being the same: partisans.. But that's not the case. You can't even hardly distinguish FOX's "news" department from their commentary. MSNBC has Lefty commentators, but also have Morning Joe, a pretty Conservative show by most standards, and many Conservative contributors.. Matt Lewis, Pat Buchanan, Michael Steele, David Frum.. And on and on. And you can for sure tell the difference between the things labeled "news" and the things labeled "opinion". At FOX they just run together.

I would hate for you to think I was a decent guy. Do not fool yourself into thinking Steele is a conservative. He's not

David Frum...Waterloo

Again? *I* Restate...

Anyone who claims to be a republican and supports obamacare does not understand the flaws in that type of system or they're lying.

I would hate for you to think I was a decent guy. Do not fool yourself into thinking Steele is a conservative. He's not

You don't have to worry about that.

Steele is a Conservative.. by pre-TeaBag standards.

You don't have to worry about that.

Steele is a Conservative.. by pre-TeaBag standards.

Like you would know what a conservative is. I doubt you would know how to pull your head out of a bag if someone would place it over your head.

Pitiful. Grow a brain.

MSNBC is 'hard' left?

What would you call a 3 hour morning show hosted by Joe Scarborough and regularly paneled by Pat Buchanan to represent the right and Harold Ford to represent the left?

I'd call that a conservative show.

Does Fox even have a liberal counterpart to that? I'm guessing not.

Forum List

Back