The DNC trogan Horse the the GOP

I think that it will be nice to actually have a conservative voice at MSNBC. Perhaps they have concluded that having a liberal echo chamber is sinking their ratings.

People may not like Steele, however, one must keep in mind that he did an adequate job at fund raising and was the head of the RNC during the biggest shellacking of Dems this country has seen in decades.

My prediction. He won't stay for very long.

How stressful it would be to be an outlier day in and day out.

Here is a great example of the dishonesty on the right. Calling MSNBC an echo chamber is absurd. Watch Fox for a full day, the same words are used by all, true echos. In fact the entire right wing offers nothing but echos.

I think that it will be nice to actually have a conservative voice at MSNBC. Perhaps they have concluded that having a liberal echo chamber is sinking their ratings.

People may not like Steele, however, one must keep in mind that he did an adequate job at fund raising and was the head of the RNC during the biggest shellacking of Dems this country has seen in decades.

Only problem is that the RNC is loping their noses off to spite their faces since several TEA Party types have gotten in...and the RNC is balking at it. The Republicans are on probation, and they had better wake up if they are to remain viable.

Ex-RNC Chief Michael Steele Becomes MSNBC Analyst
Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele is becoming an MSNBC political analyst, effective immediately, the network announced Monday.

Steele, a frequent guest on MSNBC, will appear regularly on the full lineup of MSNBC programming as part of the network's analysts and contributors, a network news release said.

“It’s an honor to contribute and engage in the dialogue on MSNBC,” Steele said. “I look forward to engaging a diverse audience to share insights and analysis about the people, issues, and events shaping America’s future. I’m sure our discussions will be both informative and a bit spirited!”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Ex-RNC Chief Michael Steele Becomes MSNBC Analyst
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

I'm not sure how thats a trojan horse?

He was a trojan in that he kept one on while he was screwing the GOP from within.

Which explains November 2nd...

Only problem is that the RNC is loping their noses off to spite their faces since several TEA Party types have gotten in...and the RNC is balking at it. The Republicans are on probation, and they had better wake up if they are to remain viable.

I agree. They have to figure it out. It is a relatively new dilemma that needs to be sorted through.

ETA: Being a Tea Partier and a registered Republican, I also didn't embrace O'Donnell for the record.

Just because they have the Tea Party banner doesn't mean they are automatically the best candidate, or even a good candidate.

That being said, I was happy that Castle lost his spot, which sent a message, I just think they could have come up with someone more solid in Delaware.

I agree. They have to figure it out. It is a relatively new dilemma that needs to be sorted through.

Indeed they do...this nation and it's people are moving in a different direction on whole...The Republicans are tagged with being no better than Democrats (that have moved far left into the Statist Column), and that they are becoming the Democrats of OLD...

Not Good for the NAME of their party if they are to stay true to it and this Republic as the Founder's laid it out. They have strayed and the message from the people was a course direction change in 2010...and that's a coarse explination.

If one wanted to know if there was a shadow government, this kind of thing pretty much shows it.

The GOP has been co-opted. (The Dems were infiltrated long ago)

Some of the notable suspects are

John McCain
Micheal Steele
Karl Rove

Anyone other then Sarah Palin, Dick Armey, and Ron and Rand Paul are suspect.

Personally I think everyone who joins the GOP should undergo a Polygraph.

Problem is, most of the GOP is already in league with the Dems.

Here is a great example of the dishonesty on the right. Calling MSNBC an echo chamber is absurd. Watch Fox for a full day, the same words are used by all, true echos. In fact the entire right wing offers nothing but echos.

Taken from someone who feels repeating media-fed talking points is showing individualistic thinking.

Ex-RNC Chief Michael Steele Becomes MSNBC Analyst
Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele is becoming an MSNBC political analyst, effective immediately, the network announced Monday.

Steele, a frequent guest on MSNBC, will appear regularly on the full lineup of MSNBC programming as part of the network's analysts and contributors, a network news release said.

“It’s an honor to contribute and engage in the dialogue on MSNBC,” Steele said. “I look forward to engaging a diverse audience to share insights and analysis about the people, issues, and events shaping America’s future. I’m sure our discussions will be both informative and a bit spirited!”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Ex-RNC Chief Michael Steele Becomes MSNBC Analyst
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

I'm not sure how thats a trojan horse?

He was a trojan in that he kept one on while he was screwing the GOP from within.

Well that's another way of saying it.:lol:

Taken from someone who feels repeating media-fed talking points is showing individualistic thinking.

Liar. I don't "feel", I think & express my opinions based on a broad and diverse evaluation of the facts as I understand them & an evaluation of the opinions of others. You and others offer opinions which I consider along with two daily newpapers, a weekly news magazine and news programs on TV. My other reading is generally filled with biographies of American Presidents & Supreme Court Justices as well as contemporary fiction - usually a mystery.

One opinion I hold is many regulars on this message board are dishonest, willfully ignorant & offer opinions fed them by the rw media which they never question; others reject our system of government and want a sort of anachy lite.

What I find absurd is that you can see it on fox but are blind to it on MSNBC when both obviously have this present.

I mean I watch all 3 networks and its blatant how much of a left wing echo chamber MSNBC has become, how left/center CNN is, and how Right/Center FOX is.

Mind you im talking about their opinion people, not the hard news people on each network.

Indeed they do...this nation and it's people are moving in a different direction on whole...The Republicans are tagged with being no better than Democrats (that have moved far left into the Statist Column), and that they are becoming the Democrats of OLD...

Not Good for the NAME of their party if they are to stay true to it and this Republic as the Founder's laid it out. They have strayed and the message from the people was a course direction change in 2010...and that's a coarse explination.

Upon the signing the Constitution, Benjamin Franklin responded to a woman's inquiry regarding what type of government did they form with "A Republic, ma'am, if you can keep it."

The founding fathers knew that there would be a shift to a Democracy, because people would become covetous of the treasury, and vote for representatives that served to better their lot in life.

To blame the "GOP" does not make sense. You must place blame at the feet of the people that elected the representatives.

The Tea Party revolted. Does that mean they think that the newly elected officials "went too far"? The next election cycle will answer that question.

People want to return to fiscal conservatism, allegedly, but they don't want to give up anything in return.

We are on a tight rope right now. Will we make it across? We certainly have a vicious liberal machine that will convince people that they are voting for people that only wish to harm them. Whether the population tends to agree with them as a majority remains to be seen.

So is your point that MSNBC is not an echo chamber, or is it just reflexive to pull the "your side does it" card when you have nothing else to add?

Just some observations reading through this thread:

1. Michael Steele will make a good addition to MSNBC which has become a much better network since NBC and affiliates were dumped by the ultra-pro-Obama leftwing General Electric and the more practical Comcast took over the media conglomerate.

2. There ARE no Tea Party candidates. There are only candidates that meet the Tea Party criteria for support which includes smaller, fiscally responsible government, lower taxes, and Constitutional integrity. The candidate has to do more than talk the talk to get a thumbs up from the Tea Party. He or she also has to have demonstrated that he or she has walked the walk.

3. There is no GOP 'purity' tested or not. The GOP has become far more diverse and big tent than the Democrats and is paying the price for that in having a difficult time coming up with candidates that most will support.

What I find absurd is that you can see it on fox but are blind to it on MSNBC when both obviously have this present.

I mean I watch all 3 networks and its blatant how much of a left wing echo chamber MSNBC has become, how left/center CNN is, and how Right/Center FOX is.

Mind you im talking about their opinion people, not the hard news people on each network.

MSNBC is not hard left, unless you feel going after the right wing fringe makes them so. That they do and they do it well. There is no meaningful hard left of any relivance in America today, there is a far right which considers anyone who disagrees with their beliefs as far left. See how they treat those who are life-long R's when they 'err' by questioning 'conservative' dogma.

Last edited:

MSNBC is not hard left, unless you feel going after the right wing fringe makes them so. That they do and they do it well. There is no meaningful hard left of any relivance in America today, there is a far right which considers anyone who disagrees with their beliefs as far left. See how they treat those who are life-long R's when they 'err' by questioning 'conservative' dogma.

Maybe you have been following rdean and his logic for too long. Nothing worse than a partisan hack to end an otherwise interesting discussion.

Pitiful. Grow a brain.

Upon the signing the Constitution, Benjamin Franklin responded to a woman's inquiry regarding what type of government did they form with "A Republic, ma'am, if you can keep it."

The founding fathers knew that there would be a shift to a Democracy, because people would become covetous of the treasury, and vote for representatives that served to better their lot in life.

To blame the "GOP" does not make sense. You must place blame at the feet of the people that elected the representatives.

The Tea Party revolted. Does that mean they think that the newly elected officials "went too far"? The next election cycle will answer that question.

People want to return to fiscal conservatism, allegedly, but they don't want to give up anything in return.

We are on a tight rope right now. Will we make it across? We certainly have a vicious liberal machine that will convince people that they are voting for people that only wish to harm them. Whether the population tends to agree with them as a majority remains to be seen.

Correct. And in that course? It would appear that some are educating themselves while still others are not...apathy? Laziness?

3. There is no GOP 'purity' tested or not. The GOP has become far more diverse and big tent than the Democrats and is paying the price for that in having a difficult time coming up with candidates that most will support.

:lol:

If the past few weeks have shown us anything, it's that the GOP has become even more of an ideological echo chamber than it used to be.

Independent thinkers will be Gingriched.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww]I support the Ryan budget![/ame]

Correct. And in that course? It would appear that some are educating themselves while still others are not...apathy? Laziness?

naivety, idealism, gullibility...

Many hurdles to the truth.

Forum List

Back