The Difference between Republicans and Democrats

It has but it started at 9%. Sustainability is impressive
Yes, the economy is definitely robust and rolling with the punches.

But how many more can it take?

What annoys me is how much debt we have. China has zero, I believe. We are the most innovative country so there is that. For the Democrats to win in 2020 they need to run a business savvy candidate IMO. That is neither Sanders nor Biden.
But neither is it tRump, who has already added trillions of dollars to the debt.

That is your opinion but many disagree. The debt build and deficit are disappointing. But it’s impossible to reduce the deficit without attacking entitlements and neither party wants to do that.
Of course we can. Taxing businesses and million/billionaires at a reasonable rate.

I take exception to the term "entitlements" BTW.

Won’t help. Our taxes are already very high. Here in MA, we have state tax, gas tax, excise tax, tax on Cell and Cable. Your solution is to raise revenue by taxing businesses and people but that will also slow the economy down. But let’s say you raise revenues, you still have expenses to attack or do you want to leave them as is? Medicare and Medicaid are broken and the SSI formula no longer works as people are living longer.

What annoys me is how much debt we have. China has zero, I believe. We are the most innovative country so there is that. For the Democrats to win in 2020 they need to run a business savvy candidate IMO. That is neither Sanders nor Biden.

What annoys me is how much debt we have. China has zero, I believe.

Zero? Where did you get that idea?

Zero debt to outside countries. Their debt is to local banks and such. As I understand it. Am I incorrect?

View attachment 259736
National debt of China - Wikipedia
Beat me to it.

Zero debt to outside countries. Their debt is to local banks and such. As I understand it. Am I incorrect?

View attachment 259736

I had it wrong. My bad.

But neither is it tRump, who has already added trillions of dollars to the debt.

That is your opinion but many disagree. The debt build and deficit are disappointing. But it’s impossible to reduce the deficit without attacking entitlements and neither party wants to do that.
Of course we can. Taxing businesses and million/billionaires at a reasonable rate.

Won’t help. Our taxes are already very high. Here in MA, we have state tax, gas tax, excise tax, tax on Cell and Cable. Your solution is to raise revenue by taxing businesses and people but that will also slow the economy down. But let’s say you raise revenues, you still have expenses to attack or do you want to leave them as is? Medicare and Medicaid are broken and the SSI formula no longer works as people are living longer.
Attacking fraud would save billions and billions.

And our federal taxes are historically low. State taxes vary wildly though.

View attachment 259736

I had it wrong. My bad.
It happens. Thank you for stepping up.

Right but we have other taxes and we agree that we should attack fraud. But in the end we must raise the age of retirement and attack the fraud with Medicaid. I also believe we need to amend the law that allows people born here to illegals to become automatic citizens. I know it’s controversial but Medicaid is already a disaster.

And our federal taxes are historically low.

The top rate is 37%. In 1988, the top rate was 28%.

I pay a ton. I know That much from tolls, gas tax, state tax, excise tax, cell, cable. Crazy.

Slightly higher than in the late 1980s, but lower than just about any other time. Also there are many more deductions so the effective rate is far less than the actual rate.

I pay a ton. I know That much from tolls, gas tax, state tax, excise tax, cell, cable. Crazy.
All of those are state taxes except a portion of the gas tax. Tolls are usually public/private partnerships and a portion of that goes into a corporate pocket.

All of those are state taxes except a portion of the gas tax. Tolls are usually public/private partnerships and a portion of that goes into a corporate pocket.

I just know that in MA we already pay a ton and we have way too much fraud and waste IMO.

I just know that in MA we already pay a ton and we have way too much fraud and waste IMO.
Fraud and waste are both rampant.

In every state, and every department, from both sides of the aisle.

Slightly higher than in the late 1980s, but lower than just about any other time. Also there are many more deductions so the effective rate is far less than the actual rate.

Slightly higher than in the late 1980s, but lower than just about any other time.

About a third higher than the late 80s.
At least 50% higher than in the late 20s.
Multiples of the pre-WWI rates.

Slightly higher than in the late 1980s, but lower than just about any other time.

About a third higher than the late 80s.
At least 50% higher than in the late 20s.
Multiples of the pre-WWI rates.
And after WWII it was in the 90% range if I recall correctly. The top income bracket has gone up as well. These days you have to make over half a million to get into that bracket. Also don't forget that most of the really wealthy folks don't pay that rate anyway since they make their money on capital gains. And don't forget the various tax shelters you can find if you can afford to keep a full time tax attorney, and offshore accounts and such as well. Nobody is really saying 37%>

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I don’t understand what platform the Democrats are running on. Saying Trump is vulgar is not a platform.

Since Trump has run on no platform and all he says is everybody who is not white are bad, what's your point.
Trump will run on the greatest economy in decades. DEMS will run on illegal immigrant rights, reparations, and impeaching Trump.

Trump will be shown he did not create the economy if it's still the same next year. A republican trying to tell me what the Democrats are goin to run on is like a blind man telling another blind man how to see.

Was this English? Lowering the corporate tax rate has spurned economic growth, job creation and wage growth. Also from an intangible point of view he is seen as a business friendly president, which results in companies spending more. Consumer confidence is high, unemployment is at a 49 year low. You may not like his rhetoric because he is mean to you but his actions have been effective. You’re also a parasite who retired at 52.

You are wrong.

I don’t understand what platform the Democrats are running on. Saying Trump is vulgar is not a platform.

Since Trump has run on no platform and all he says is everybody who is not white are bad, what's your point.
Trump will run on the greatest economy in decades. DEMS will run on illegal immigrant rights, reparations, and impeaching Trump.

Trump will be shown he did not create the economy if it's still the same next year. A republican trying to tell me what the Democrats are goin to run on is like a blind man telling another blind man how to see.

Was this English? Lowering the corporate tax rate has spurned economic growth, job creation and wage growth. Also from an intangible point of view he is seen as a business friendly president, which results in companies spending more. Consumer confidence is high, unemployment is at a 49 year low. You may not like his rhetoric because he is mean to you but his actions have been effective. You’re also a parasite who retired at 52.

You are wrong.

I am Never wrong. You are always wrong and you’re a parasite.

Forum List

Back