The real difference between Republicans and Democrats

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
For those who say there is no difference, I say that you're not really paying attention. And this both sides stuff is the product of a media that is primarliy owned by conservatives. Owners, not reporters and owners dictate.

The real difference between Republicans and Democrats​

It seems obvious to say, but if you want a real sense of the differences between America’s two major parties — and if you want a sense of what the future could bring if either party wins full control of the federal government next year — all you have to do is look at the states.

Where Republicans have gained this kind of full control over state legislatures and statehouses, they have used that authority in pursuit of policies meant to curtail the ability of people in their states to live as they please.

Americans are often taught to think of the differences between Republicans and Democrats as a set of reasonable disagreements over how to tackle agreed-upon problems. But what we can see, in the divergent agendas of Republican-led states and Democrat-led states, is how the differences have far more to do with the actual purpose of government.

For Democrats, that purpose is usually the public good. For Republicans, that purpose is harsh social regulation, with little apparent regard for the lives of those who have to endure these policies.

For Democrats, that purpose is usually the public good. For Republicans, that purpose is harsh social regulation, with little apparent regard for the lives of those who have to endure these policies.

The republican house has passed only 22 laws to date. The previous congress averaged over 300 laws passed each year. Laws that for better or worse were meant to address the problems of the country. Now republicans spend more time on revenge investigations, than doing the job they were sent to Washington for. To do the nations business, like keeping the government open.

The republican house has passed only 22 laws to date. The previous congress averaged over 300 laws passed each year. Laws that for better or worse were meant to address the problems of the country. Now republicans spend more time on revenge investigations, than doing the job they were sent to Washington for. To do the nations business, like keeping the government open.
Right. How dare they show the crooks on the left are as bad as the crooks on the right?

For those who say there is no difference, I say that you're not really paying attention. And this both sides stuff is the product of a media that is primarliy owned by conservatives. Owners, not reporters and owners dictate.

It seems obvious to say, but if you want a real sense of the differences between America’s two major parties — and if you want a sense of what the future could bring if either party wins full control of the federal government next year — all you have to do is look at the states.

Where Republicans have gained this kind of full control over state legislatures and statehouses, they have used that authority in pursuit of policies meant to curtail the ability of people in their states to live as they please.

Americans are often taught to think of the differences between Republicans and Democrats as a set of reasonable disagreements over how to tackle agreed-upon problems. But what we can see, in the divergent agendas of Republican-led states and Democrat-led states, is how the differences have far more to do with the actual purpose of government.

There is no significant difference.

There is only only one Party and it is the Party of Big Government. The Democrats are the bat shit crazy branch and the Republicans are the more moderate, but the difference is minimal.

Anybody that gets their panties in a wad over the difference is simply confused and doesn't have an understandiing of American politics.

How many years did the Democrats spend trying to get revenge on Trump for beating Hillary? Russia, Russia, Russia. How many years are Democrats going to get revenge on protestors at the Capitol Building on January 6th, 2021? I could go on and on but it would be wasting my time on such BS

There is no significant difference.

There is only only one Party and it is the Party of Big Government. The Democrats are the bat shit crazy branch and the Republicans are the more moderate, but the difference is minimal.

Anybody that gets their panties in a wad over the difference is simply confused and doesn't have an understandiing of American politics.
Really? Republicans spent 50 years trying to overturn Roe v Wade. And are now punishing women, by forcing them to carry babies that can't survive.

Written like a true partizan democrat. The parties are opposite sides of the same coin and should be dismantled. The only time the country is in any type of stasis is when neither party controls both houses of congress and the presidency. It would make more sense if we required that that can't happen.
BS.

Boring3.jpeg

How many years did the Democrats spend trying to get revenge on Trump for beating Hillary? Russia, Russia, Russia. How many years are Democrats going to get revenge on protestors at the Capitol Building on January 6th, 2021? I could go on and on but it would be wasting my time on such BS
Why did Mark Meadows steal a copy of the TOP SECRET evidence they had on Trump?

Democrats spent no years trying to get revenge on Trump. Democrats had lost presidential elections before, so why suddenly did they want to get revenge on trump?

Depends what you mean by "Live as they please?" I live in California or any Blue state...
1. I would like to continue driving a gas vehicle: Can't, Democrat imposed government regulations
2. I would like to cook on a gas stove: Can't, Democrat imposed government regulations
3. I would like to be able to afford air conditioning during hot days: Can't, too expensive
4. Go to a public bathroom with only people of the same sex as I am: Can't, Woke government and private regulations
5. Speak my own opinions freely at a Blue University: Can't, hateful administration, teachers and students
6. I'm an unborn baby who wants to enter into earthly life: Can't, mean mommy who hates me
7. Help my children put up a lemonade stand on the street corner: Can't, Democrat imposed laws and regulations
8. As a white person, attend a Christmas Party in a Democrat run city: Can't, I'm white
9. Disagree with reparations for anyone of color: Can't, deemed racist by only Democrats
10. Own a gun: Can't, Democrats want full ban on all guns
11. I want to set up a manger scene on government property: Can't, Democrats are religious bigots
12. I would like to walk in a park or on a sidewalk without stepping in human poop: Can't, Democrat laws in cities
13. I would like low inflation and interest rates: Can't, Biden and the Democrats create high inflation and high interest rates.
14. I would like to pay less taxes on my hard work income: Can't, Democrats laws on taxation creates higher taxes.

Oh, I could go on and on. Democrats take away rights by increasing regulations. It's been this way for decades.

Why did Mark Meadows steal a copy of the TOP SECRET evidence they had on Trump?
Why did the FBI keep quiet about Hunter Biden's laptop before the election and not let the information to be used? How about Biden bribing Ukraine and now we are paying for a war instead of building a wall, cleaning up our cities and a whole lot more? Where is Adam Shiff's evidence that he never has brought forward? Again, Democrats are for Marist ways for Americans. And, they use fascism to do it.

Democrats spent no years trying to get revenge on Trump. Democrats had lost presidential elections before, so why suddenly did they want to get revenge on trump?
Russia, Russia, Russia and now the all the court cases against Trump to try and keep him from getting elected in 2024. Yes, that's what you call it for beating Hillary. Just like Democrats did the same thing with Bush 2 when he beat Gore.

Forum List

Back