The Democratic Convention is Just Plain Weak So Far

It's called pandering. McCain's done it for eight years. Why? Because Bush kicked his ass in the 2000 primaries. Why? Because Bush appealed to conservatives. McCain has spent eight years trying to gain support from those same people, knowing he would make his run this year. When it's all over, win or lose, we'll see McCain back to his old ways.

McCain has done for eight years what Obama is doing now: pandering to get support from the people who didn't support you before.

I love the old "i'm banking on this mccain being the liar" and the pro lifers are hoping this mccain is the real one.

trust me, mccain voted with bush 90 percent for 8 yrs.

seriously, why are you really voting for mccain? what's the real reason?

OMG, he just shredded.

I thought Reagan and Clinton were great orators. This dude is in another league.

it was a nice speech. presented well and worded well. unfortunately it had 0 substance. he spoke more about bush and mccain then his own policies.

Last edited:
That's because you're a bush-loving, hyper partisan Con.

It doesn't matter if you're a republican or a democrat. That was a well crafted speech, and he is an amazing orator.

Creative phraseology. I've never heard that before :lol:

And I do admit to being a bush-loving, hyper partisan con - to the degree that I voted for none other than John Forbes Kerry in 2004.

NEXT...

I love the old "i'm banking on this mccain being the liar" and the pro lifers are hoping this mccain is the real one.

trust me, mccain voted with bush 90 percent for 8 yrs.

seriously, why are you really voting for mccain? what's the real reason?

McCain is one of two things: either the old John McCain before 2000, or the John McCain we've had for eight years.

Both are better than Obama.

Creative phraseology. I've never heard that before :lol:

And I do admit to being a bush-loving, hyper partisan con - to the degree that I voted for none other than John Forbes Kerry in 2004.

NEXT...

:lol:

Ewwwww

it was a nice speech. presented well and worded well. unfortunately it has 0 substance. he spoke more about bush and mccain then his own policies.

Hmmmm, I seemed to hear him talking about:

-Giving American companies better tax breaks

-Cut taxes for 95% of American familes

-Within 10 years end dependence on oil from the Middle East

-Use clean coal technology, harness nuclear and wind solar power

-More early childhood education programs!

-Affordable health care

-Affordable college education

-Lower premiums on health insurance

To name a few......

It doesn't matter if you're a republican or a democrat. That was a well crafted speech, and he is an amazing orator.

I guess it doesn't matter, because I'm neither of those things, and I found it to be trite. Nothing new, nothing worthwhile, nothing amazing.

-Affordable health care

To name a few......

So basically, he recycled Kerry's ghostwriter.

-Affordable health care

To name a few......

how does he accomplish this without more of my paycheck going to the government?

it was a nice speech. presented well and worded well. unfortunately it had 0 substance. he spoke more about bush and mccain then his own policies.

Lets hear how much substance McCain gives. Apparently, this is your first election?

Mccain's plan;

1. Give companies and the rich more tax breaks for sending jobs overseas because most imporant is that corporations max profits. doesn't matter if only 1 percent of america benefits from this because they trickle down. they buy toys, hire illegals to do their lawns and housekeeping for their multiple homes.

2. stay in iraq spending $12k mo till 2015 rather than 2010 because chaney wants more.

mccain will follow orders just like bush did.

Forum List

Back