The Democratic Convention is Just Plain Weak So Far

ahh yes, raising the capital gains tax to 28% will give even more. about time we are on the same page.

Reducing capital gains for startups and the middle class and raising taxes on the rich. It need to be done. The gap between the rich and the poor has grown wider and wider.

Reducing capital gains for startups and the middle class and raising taxes on the rich. It need to be done. The gap between the rich and the poor has grown wider and wider.

And you expect the wealthy to sit idly by and let the government rip them off ? :lol:

judging by such an ignorant statement, you have no clue what the capital gains tax is.

i will present you with a video, which you can learn along with 0bama.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po7J0f5TMrQ]YouTube - Barack Obama on Taxes[/ame]

Buchanon is a generally honest conservative, unlike the Cons on this thread who are concern trolling about how horrible Obama's speech allegedly was.

It was a great speech--everyone who liked him still does. The problem is STILL that we cannot afford to take what he is promising.

Obama united a party tonight...

... The GOP :D

A lot of religious people are coming to the dems.

A lot of young

A lot of new black voters.

A lot more military

everyone who lost a job that went overseas

everyone that lost a home

everyone with a 401k

Everyone that drives a car

Old folks who are getting screwed with low interest rates.

walmart employees

unions

women

we filled a huge stadium. mccain will have 10,000

maybe i'm the dumb one then.

how do you lower the capital gains tax for some and raise it for others?

By defining who pays and who doesn't.

If your company is a small startup, you don't pay.

If your an oil company making windfall profits by screwing the American people, you do pay.

judging by such an ignorant statement, you have no clue what the capital gains tax is.

i will present you with a video, which you can learn along with 0bama.

YouTube - Barack Obama on Taxes

Are you trying to sluff this video off again?

Dude ... it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about ... when I called your transparent bluff the other night you flubbed for a post or two then admitted you couldn't provide any kind of numbers to back up your assertion that the gov't would lose revenue with a capital gains tax increase to 28% ... and this was after RD pwn3d your ass when you tried to claim the tax burden chart posted didn't have capital gains included ... don't you remember learning that night that people making less than 250k wont see that increase? ... perhaps an educated adult from your side can take up your banner and lay out an actual arguement.

If your an oil company making windfall profits by screwing the American people, you do pay.

yup, should of known it was going to be an ignorant answer. thanks for your input though. canada is still around, just food for thought.

The rich are moving their money as we speak and tax lawyers are working on loopholes before the law has been written. What will we end up with. Programs no one can pay for. We already HAVE too many of those !

yup, should of known it was going to be an ignorant answer. thanks for your input though. canada is still around, just food for thought.

Do you Bush voters really feel like you have to lie to win an election or a message board debate?

Obama's plan is to keep capital gains taxes for those making under 250k exactly where they are today, and to reduce or eliminate them for small business and euntrepeneurs.

Why are you so terrified of the truth?

And why are you so worried if Paris Hilton and ExxonMobil has to pay the same rate they paid during the prosperous 90s? Your president started a trillion dollar war, and blew the surplus. Money doesn't grow on trees, somebody has to pay for it.

Are you trying to sluff this video off again?

Dude ... it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about ... when I called your transparent bluff the other night you flubbed for a post or two then admitted you couldn't provide any kind of numbers to back up your assertion that the gov't would lose revenue with a capital gains tax increase to 28% ... and this was after RD pwn3d your ass when you tried to claim the tax burden chart posted didn't have capital gains included ... don't you remember learning that night that people making less than 250k wont see that increase? ... perhaps an educated adult from your side can take up your banner and lay out an actual arguement.

of course that chart didn't have the capital gains tax included, you can't predict what investments will do. it's well known that raising the capital gains tax does not promote investing. oh and what does investing do? it creates revenue as well as jobs. if nobody invests, where does everything go? to china, because its cheap there.

of course that chart didn't have the capital gains tax included, you can't predict what investments will do. it's well known that raising the capital gains tax does not promote investing. oh and what does investing do? it creates revenue as well as jobs. if nobody invests, where does everything go? to china, because its cheap there.

I'm afraid they won't believe it til it's too late. :cuckoo:

Do you Bush voters really feel like you have to lie to win an election or a message board debate?

Obama's plan is to keep capital gains taxes for those making under 250k exactly where they are today, and to reduce or eliminate them for small business and euntrepeneurs.

Why are you so terrified of the truth?

And why are you so worried if Paris Hilton and ExxonMobil has to pay the same rate they paid during the prosperous 90s? Your president started a trillion dollar war, and blew the surplus. Money doesn't grow on trees, somebody has to pay for it.

maybe because i make over $250,000 a year. maybe i have money in investments and pension. maybe i worked for everything i have. maybe i don't want to support people who can work but choose not to. maybe because i have health insurance. maybe because i didn't sign a mortgage i couldn't pay for. maybe because i bought a car i could pay for.

maybe because i didn't vote for bush, and i'm not voting for mccain.

Of course not--the devil is all in the details. He's hoping all the starry eyed desperates won't ask for details. For instance--what federal programs does he intend to deem useless and wasteful ? That might be good to know before you vote for someone who does away with your job.

Politicians never go deep into policy wonk details in a 30 minute speech. Reagan didn't, Clinton didn't Bush didn't. Obama doesn't. Speeches are for outlining broad polcies goals and priorities.

You've had the last 12 months to go to Obama's website, if you really wanted more detail. There's about 300 pages of detailed policy proposals you can read.

The fact that, for the last 12 months, you've chosen not to go to his website to read tells me you don't really care about the details. You have no intention of voting for obama no matter what.

That's classic concern trolling.

Forum List

Back