The "death" of the Republican Party will "save" America.

You need to seek help. Seriously. You're going to hurt someone someday.

Duly noted you can't answer the point.

Since I'm reasonably sure you aren't the one percent, and never will be, and they'd probably never let you in the door, I'm not sure why you are willing to fall on your sword for them.
You're stuck on stupid. Just because you need to have your opinions handed to you doesn't mean everyone does.

Unions have become that which they were formed to fight: Organizations that exploit workers for money.

So what you are complaining about is that a Union Boss makes ten times what an average worker makes, but the average worker is probably good with that because they pull down good money.

As opposed to corporations, where the CEO's pull down 400 times what a line worker makes, and they try to balance their budgets on the backs of working folks.

And I'll bet you still don't understand why we have a holiday tomorrow to remind us of what they fought for.

Oh man, another 'The Republican Party is dead' thread. When are these silly Bots gonna wake up and realize it's all just a shell-game scam? The Two-Party System is still as powerful as ever. And the Two-Party System is really a One-Party System. The two Parties collude with each other on the things that really matter.

How do people think they get endless War, Debt, and awful travesties like the Patriot Act & NDAA? The answer is, it's One-Party Rule. These things wouldn't occur if the two Parties really were different. So no, the Republican Party will never die. They're here to stay. And that's because both Parties want it that way. They're the same Party after all. And all the wishful thinking in the world won't change that.

Oh man, another 'The Republican Party is dead' thread. When are these silly Bots gonna wake up and realize it's all just a shell-game scam? The Two-Party System is still as powerful as ever. And the Two-Party System is really a One-Party System. The two Parties collude with each other on the things that really matter.

How do people think they get endless War, Debt, and awful travesties like the Patriot Act & NDAA? The answer is, it's One-Party Rule. These things wouldn't occur if the two Parties really were different. So no, the Republican Party will never die. They're here to stay. And that's because both Parties want it that way. They're the same Party after all. And all the wishful thinking in the world won't change that.

Your boy Paul could have run third party and got about 10% of the vote.. he chose not to.

You gave up your right to complain.

The GOP could help itself pretty much immediately by doing the identity politics thing that the Democrats have mastered, splitting people into little groups and then pandering to each one individually. But the absolutists in the party won't let that happen, at least yet. As demographics work more and more against them, the absolutists in the party will have to be marginalized for it to stay relevant.

Your boy Paul could have run third party and got about 10% of the vote.. he chose not to.

You never give up your right to complain.

Duly noted you can't answer the point.

Since I'm reasonably sure you aren't the one percent, and never will be, and they'd probably never let you in the door, I'm not sure why you are willing to fall on your sword for them.
You're stuck on stupid. Just because you need to have your opinions handed to you doesn't mean everyone does.

Unions have become that which they were formed to fight: Organizations that exploit workers for money.

So what you are complaining about is that a Union Boss makes ten times what an average worker makes, but the average worker is probably good with that because they pull down good money.

As opposed to corporations, where the CEO's pull down 400 times what a line worker makes, and they try to balance their budgets on the backs of working folks.

And I'll bet you still don't understand why we have a holiday tomorrow to remind us of what they fought for.
Oh, I understand it. Probably better than you.

Nevertheless, your apology for your union masters is noted. Not at all surprising, really.

You don't mind being shackled when it's the union chaining you up.

Endless War, Debt, Patriot Act, NDAA, and so on and so on...

Americans need to get it together. This Police State was created by both Political Parties working as one. All the division stuff is just a big misdirection magic trick. They're really all on the same teram in the end. The Republican Party will not die, and neither will the Democratic Party. It is what it is.

I once asked an expert on the black community (i.e., a white liberal) what the black community wanted.

He sputtered a lot, but couldn't answer the question. He concluded by calling me racist. :lmao:

Yeah, you probably get that a lot and never wonder why....
Oh, no, I know exactly why. It's because leftists cannot rationally defend the policies they support and are desperately trying to silence anyone who questions their dogma.

Whenever anyone calls me a racist, I dare them to point out a single post I've ever made that indicates racism.

No one ever has.

You never give up your right to complain.

as long as you get out there and vote.....

Nevertheless, your apology for your union masters is noted. Not at all surprising, really.

Dude, I wish I was in a fuckin' union. Good benefits, good pay, bosses can't screw with you unnecessarily....

Ten years ago, I wouldn't have said that. But all it really takes is one truly shitty boss to show you why unions are needed.

The thread title should read, 'The death of both Parties will save America.'

That's a naive thought. Go ahead and destroy both parties, guess what will happen. The people that supported those parties will prop up people just like them and we'll be right back where we started. It's the same as RDean's idiotic op. Destroying the GOP won't do a damn thing. Conservative minded people will still exist and will just make another party exactly like the GOP.

The only thing that can save this country is for the american people to start caring more about their country than they do partisan politics. The GOP is giving a prime example of this right now. It doesn't matter how bad their nominee would be for the country, all they care about is partisan politics and beating the opposition party. Granted, democrats are no better, but right now it's the GOP displaying this idiocy.

The thread title should read, 'The death of both Parties will save America.'

That's a naive thought. Go ahead and destroy both parties, guess what will happen. The people that supported those parties will prop up people just like them and we'll be right back where we started. It's the same as RDean's idiotic op. Destroying the GOP won't do a damn thing. Conservative minded people will still exist and will just make another party exactly like the GOP.

The only thing that can save this country is for the american people to start caring more about their country than they do partisan politics. The GOP is giving a prime example of this right now. It doesn't matter how bad their nominee would be for the country, all they care about is partisan politics and beating the opposition party. Granted, democrats are no better, but right now it's the GOP displaying this idiocy.

It's just a big shell-game scam. Like i said before, this Two-Party System is really a One-Party System. They collude with each other on all the things that really matter. Like endless War, Debt, and terrible travesties like the Patriot Act and NDAA. The perceived differences are only contrived misdirection magic tricks. Sadly, it really is One Party-rule.

I've met some people who are proud of not being able to think for themselves, but by damn, you're the most passionate about it. :clap2:

I noticed you ignore where I totally bebunked your "fifth generation of welfare" bit. but I totally understand, I humiliated you on the "hillary was a birfer" nonsense you were repeating... can't pop two of your balloons in one day...Okay, here it is again, to deepen your humiliation..

The Welfare Queen is a myth all the way back to Reagan...

Time on Welfare and Welfare Dependency: Testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee, Subcommittee on Human Resources

Quote:
The majority of families who leave the welfare system do so after a relatively short period of time -- about half leave within a year; 70 percent within two years and almost 90 percent within five years. But many return almost as quickly as they left -- about 45 percent return within a year and 70 percent return by the end of five years.

When one takes into account all of this movement on and off the welfare rolls, only a moderate fraction of recipients who ever turn to the welfare system for support end up spending relatively long periods of time on the welfare rolls. Over the course of their lifetimes, about one-third of women who ever use welfare will spend longer than five years on the welfare rolls and 60 percent will spend 24 months or longer receiving assistance.

Now of coure, that's the "bad" welfare. Not the "okay" welfare like Social Security, Unemployment Insurance and Medicare... You've "paid" for those (cough, cough, not really cough cough).
Yeah. Now let's look at some science:

The Intergenerational Transmission of Poverty in Industrialized Countries by Stephen P. Jenkins, Thomas Siedler :: SSRN

Download the paper. Pages 28 and 29 summarize seven studies done in the US concerning intergenerational transmission of welfare benefit receipt.

All seven studies show that the daughters of women who receive welfare benefits are more likely to receive benefits than the daughters of women who haven't.

Now, do you still want to bitterly cling to the discredited idea that there is no such thing as intergenerational welfare dependence?

Of course intergenerational welfare dependence has been a well-documented phenomenon for decades, one that even the Democratic Party as led by Clinton explicitly acknowledged when it signed on to welfare reform in the 90s, though in truth it was the Republican-controlled Congress that initiated it and drove it home. That the reform proved to be a great success in improving the lives of those families that had been trapped in dependency is beyond dispute. It's just that the ideology of the hard, America-hating left thrives on government largesse. If the government isn't the principal provider for the downtrodden they just don't feel right about it. They simply ignore the facts because the facts contradict the stated claims or expectations of their worldview, such as it is. The leftist's "ideology" is more of a collection of slogans and epithets, really.

Leftists for all their talk of rationality are nothing more than a herd of braying sentimental emotionalists. Only we classical liberals are the true intellectual students of government. We understand what works and what doesn't, because we understand that reality and human nature are ruled by certain universal principles. Adhere to them and you will succeed. Defy them and you will fail.

But leftists are not just hysterically sentimental infants, they are not merely delusional, living in a world that exists nowhere in reality beyond their pointed heads, they are liars. Pathological liars. They are utterly depraved, intellectually and morally, and it is their lack of moral fortitude that drives their intellectual dishonesty.

As to the subject of the thread: the fact of the matter is that it is the Democratic Party that has experienced the greater decline during the last four decades, not only losing its decades-long lock on Congress, but losing most of the congressional and senatorial elections in recent decades, the result being that Republicans have mostly controlled Congress ever since. Indeed, Republicans are poised to increase their hold on the House and take back the Senate once again in November regardless of who wins the presidential election.

I trust that Romney will win, as in historical experience no president has ever managed to survive such a dismal performance as that of Obama. The coming debates should drive Romney's superiority in managing economic woes home. But it will be close, and perhaps Romney will not be able to win one or two of the essential swing states and secure the support of the Electoral College, and that is a function of a relatively new historical trend, which goes not to the supposed lack of interest of the Republican Party to attract so-called minority voters, it goes to the last two generations of public-educated Americans who are tethered to no particular ideological worldview or historical narrative. They are adrift, lost in the muddy, black waters of intellectual incompetence, understanding nothing of the real world beyond their immediate circumstances. Pathetic.

This is the growing swell of Independents who think of themselves as being more open-minded and politically thoughtful than those of us who strongly adhere to one of the two major parties. Well, they are more open-minded and thoughtful than the drooling idiots of the Democratic Party for sure, so their half right. They just don't have the historical and intellectual experience and understanding to know that the classical liberals of the Republican Party have got it right. And so these Independents swing from this party to that in each election cycle mostly depending on how the economy is fairing. Never mind that recessions are cyclical and will be dramatically more short-lived if Republicans, rather than the free-market and individual-liberty-hating Democrats, are in charge.

This is why so many Independents believed that Obama would be the great healer of all ills only to awaken with a hangover almost four years later. This is why they did not understand, like classical liberals, that the national debt would not shrink under his tenure, but grow dramatically, that the costs of energy and therefore food would rise, that the costs of medical care and insurance would rise, that the value of the dollar would plummet, that the economy would continue to stagnate, that Obama was talking the historically failed Keynesianism and governmentally managed economics of the 1970s era of stagnation. They don't know their history, they have no ideological mooring, no understanding of fundamental realities.

They coupled with the hard left of the Democratic Party are the decline and fall of America.

Hopefully Romney will win the election, as we who understand things know that within a year or two the economy will dramatically rebound under the policies he will champion, happily acknowledged and welcomed by all but the dishonest and delusional leftists among us. We know this, not because we are inherently psychic, but because we understand the fundamentals of realty and that the economic policies of lazier faire and individual liberty will work every time! Also, hopefully, Romney will not make the same fiscal errors made by Bush, i.e., that the economic recovery will not be muddled by unnecessary government spending as it was under the latter's administration. In other words, hopefully, this new generation will finally learn the lessons taught to the baby boomers by the Reagan administration, and this nation will have the breathing space it so desperately needs to bring the national debt under control before it destroys us.

Finally, there is something else that we classical liberals understand that hard leftists will never understand or admit, something that most Independent voters will never understand even after Romney fixes things should he be elected. The economy under Obama did not continue to stagnant, ever-threatening a double-dip, because this imbecile misjudged the depth of the recession. It did not continue to stagnant because the "stimulus" packages were not big enough. The economy continued to stagnant because government stimulus packages don’t stimulate, and the bigger the packages, the worse the results. You end up with an economy of no or sluggish growth saddled with more debt. Such never goes to the base of the private sector in any significant way; instead, such merely fuels crony-capitalism on the behalf of large corporations, those entities of big, bad business so hated by the left, at the expense of small business and that of the middleclass and working poor. Such goes to public-sector unions, to local and state bureaucracies which use those funds to payoff old debt spent on goods and services that were purchased and consumed in the past. The positive effects of what little goes to the private sector beyond the coffers of private-sector unions for purposes of infrastructure development are insignificant and short-lived. You know, those shovel-ready projects that weren't so numerous or shovel-ready after all.

A passionate supporter of Obama was utterly dumbfounded when I told him back in 2008 that if elected Obama would in all likelihood be a one-term president.

"Why?" he wanted to know.

"Because everything he represents will be disastrous for this country. I can see that, you can’t. You believe his promises, I know that his promises involve policies that will result in outcomes that are the very opposite of his promises. But I see that I could talk myself blue in the face and you would never believe me. But you will see that I am right in a few years, though you probably will still not grasp the insights behind my prediction."

What I didn’t tell him is that Obama might win a divisive and non-productive second term in a close election, a disastrous pyrrhic victory only, a real possibility given the recent historical trend of a growing population of persons divorced from the founding American ethos by an adversarial education system, an electorate that would hesitantly return him to office in fear and confusion, unlike its predecessors that would have chased the likes of Obama out of office in a landslide, more to the point, predecessors that would have never let him get into the White House in the first place.

The real political trend afoot in this country: a growing cancer of lost minds and hearts, believing in nothing and, therefore, believing in every fad that comes along, clinging to the promises made by every charismatic charlatan that comes along. Perhaps both of the parties are in decline, with the stabilizing two-party system unraveling and the last, best hope of the nation mostly aligned with the Republican Party dying out. But one thing is for certain, if most Americans do indeed come to believe that upholding the founding principles of this nation and the integrity of its sovereign borders is the stuff of white bigotry, rather than the stuff of universal imperatives that have everything to do with the ideal political culture and nothing to do with the color one's skin, if they come believe that conservatives (classical liberals, really) are thinking race and ethnicity in some myterious respect or another relative to their core socio-political principles (LOL!) this nation is doomed, and, therefore, so are the delusional morons making the allegations as they themselves will eventually discover when their Nirvana devolves into the improvised and corrupt chaos of the likes Mexico, for example.

DUMBASSES! NITWITS! BRAINWASHED NO-NOTHINGS! THE DUPES, THE FODDER OF EVERY MONTROUS TYRANNY THAT HAS EVER EXISTED THE WORLD OVER.

And in most cases, by the way, atheist is just another term for bootlick statist.

Last edited:
I'm not going to wade through all your verbal diarhea... but this is just a silly statement..

As to the subject of the thread: the fact of the matter is that it is the Democratic Party that has experienced the greater decline during the last four decades, not only losing its decades-long lock on Congress, but losing most of the congressional and senatorial elections in recent decades, the result being that Republicans have mostly controlled Congress ever since. Indeed, Republicans are poised to increase their hold on the House and take back the Senate once again in November regardless of who wins the presidential election.

This is nonsense. Democrats won four of the last five popular votes for President. (Sorry, the Democrat won the vote in 2000. Look it up.)

Congressional elections aren't telling because those districts are heavily Gerrymandered... And this is part of the problem. There really are never any more than 100 House seats and 10 Senate Seats that are really ever in play at any given election cycle.

The Republicans should have gained control of the Senate this year because the Democrats took control in 2006. But because of Akin idiocy about "legitimate rape", Hoekstra's racist "Debbie Spend it now" commercial and a few other flubs, the Dems have a good shot at maintaining control.

Dude, I wish I was in a fuckin' union. Good benefits, good pay, bosses can't screw with you unnecessarily....

Ten years ago, I wouldn't have said that. But all it really takes is one truly shitty boss to show you why unions are needed.
I'll bet you do wish you were in a union. They protect the lazy and incompetent.

And, this is where you really fit in: They dictate your opinions to you.

Forum List

Back