The Death of EV’s Is Neigh

You are really confused about this, aren't you Missy?
Someone is confused.
Why should my tax money be used to subsidize your charging station?
Because they will be needed by a very large segment of the American population and you will enjoy the benefits they provide by eliminating ICE vehicles belching CO2 into YOUR atmosphere.
If you are one of these dumbasses that buys a L-I battery vehicle with limited distance then it should be your responsibility to pay for your own charging stations, don't you think?
EV owners will pay more towards those charging stations than you pay towards the gas stations your frequent.
The other thing is that the idiots that buy EVs are welfare queens.
Not at their current prices.
They ride on roads that are paid for out of the fuel tax.
Partially paid-for.
Some states tack on a yearly tax for EVs but it is usually well below what somebody would pay in the fuel tax for the same miles.
I think funding will work itself out. Money tends to do that. When no one is driving ICE vehicles anymore, there will have to be some changes if we're going to maintain our roads.
I have no problem with the concept of EVs but L-I is a piss poor technology for vehicles.
I personally think they should have gone with fuel cells.
L-I is fine for small hand and garden tools but sucks donkey dicks for vehicles.
Toyota and those solid state batteries will improve things significantly.
The fact that they are subsidized by the friggin government is positive proof they are shitty technology.
The government, rightly, believe it is in its interest to assist this technology transition.
If they were good technology then everybody would be wanting them and the government wouldn't have to subsidize them.
It is nice that the technolgy is as good as it is, but the primary reason we are moving to it and others is to eliminate CO2 emissions.
Kinda like the stupid solar cells and wind turbines. If the stupid government didn't subsidize them then nobody would buy them because they are so inefficient.
That is incorrect. They are very efficient. That is why their cost per kwh is lower than any other power source.

Someone is confused.

Because they will be needed by a very large segment of the American population and you will enjoy the benefits they provide by eliminating ICE vehicles belching CO2 into YOUR atmosphere.

EV owners will pay more towards those charging stations than you pay towards the gas stations your frequent.

Partially paid-for.

I think funding will work itself out. Money tends to do that. When no one is driving ICE vehicles anymore, there will have to be some changes if we're going to maintain our roads.

The government, rightly, believe it is in its interest to assist this technology transition.

It is nice that the technolgy is as good as it is, but the primary reason we are moving to it and others is to eliminate CO2 emissions.

That is incorrect. They are very efficient. That is why their cost per kwh is lower than any other power source.

Windpower has free fuel, right?

That’s Europe’s largest onshore wind farm going under at the moment. Interestingly enough, 75% of the company is owned by a Chinese company called CGN, China General Nuclear.

When they put this wind farm in, they signed a 19-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Norwegian metals company Hydro Energi. What the agreement said, in effect, was that Hydro would buy all the “cheap” electricity produced at the wind farm for a set rate, but that when the wind farm wasn’t producing what they projected they would be, the wind farm operators had to cover the shortfall in juice delivered to Hydro on their own dime.

Well. Guess what hasn’t been happening, and for quite some time?

Enough wind blowing to begin to cover what the wind company contracted for and to keep the equipment at the Hydro factory turned on.

LOL!

Someone is confused.

Partially paid-for.

/——/ Ford joins the EV death march. Low demand plus Union wage hikes. Way to go democRATs.
Ford to scale back plans for $3.5 billion battery plant as EV demand disappoints
Ford to scale back plans for $3.5 billion Michigan battery plant as EV demand disappoints, labor costs rise

Forum List

Back