The Culture of Rape

date rape is wrong...i just dont care how you try to paint the picture.....but one thing that amazes me....how drunk can a man be and still be having sex....i think that is where the neutral gender thing becomes an issue...a man can get pretty hammered and normally aint worth much...sorry men but we all know its true....but a woman hammered can resist much....so on and so forth...men who try to do this are merely subhumans....trying to get laid...please why not just masturbate? you get laid for 20 bucks or bet a blow job for 20 bucks in my areas...why rape someone?

and you are right the subject of the handicap is a small subset but still a subset in the discussion ....sex brings out demons....i have never understood why

I was in the Navy, 3 shipmates were accused of raping a local.

Instead of keeping them on the ship they were handed over to the Italians and put in prison.

In Italian prison, if someone doesn't bring you food, you don't eat.

after ~ 18 months, turned out she lied.

now please prove the military has a culture of rape.

What a lovely story.

Can you prove it?

This is the unfortunate "other side of the coin" that ruins lives and does untold damage to actual victims of rape.

False claims of rape make it very difficult to help victims who need it. It jams up the judicial system and crowds prisons, making it more difficult to prosecute rapist.

Bryan Banks was falsely accused of rape and spent five years in prison for the lie. Why did the 16 year old girl tell such a lie? She collected 2.6 million dollars from the school district when she sued for an unsafe environment.

Pay women to make false allegations of rape and you will get far more false allegations of rape.

Y! SPORTS

date rape is wrong...i just dont care how you try to paint the picture.....but one thing that amazes me....how drunk can a man be and still be having sex....i think that is where the neutral gender thing becomes an issue...a man can get pretty hammered and normally aint worth much...sorry men but we all know its true....but a woman hammered can resist much....so on and so forth...men who try to do this are merely subhumans....trying to get laid...please why not just masturbate? you get laid for 20 bucks or bet a blow job for 20 bucks in my areas...why rape someone?

This is where intent comes into play, the intent of most of these guys is to get drunk, have fun, and maybe get laid. They come into a girl whos drunk, having fun, and willing to get laid. Those with the intent to just get laid no matter what will usually go with the "i stay sober" route, which I agree is dirty pool and sexual assault, but not rape (as long as she is at least concious to consent at the time, if unconscious, then its rape) , and the use of spikes like roofies, which I consider 100% rape, as your deliberate action on an usupossing party resulted in thier loss of judgment due to unplanned intoxication.

And alcohol may taketh away the ability, but the ability of a 20 year old male can often override the alcohol.

Culture is defined as the integrated pattern of human knowledge reinforced by education. How could a "culture of rape" exist without being promoted by society and the education system? If the media tolerates rape by prominent and protected members of society such as Hollywood celebrities and Bill Clinton it goes a long way towards acceptance.

This is where intent comes into play, the intent of most of these guys is to get drunk, have fun, and maybe get laid. They come into a girl whos drunk, having fun, and willing to get laid. Those with the intent to just get laid no matter what will usually go with the "i stay sober" route, which I agree is dirty pool and sexual assault, but not rape (as long as she is at least concious to consent at the time, if unconscious, then its rape) , and the use of spikes like roofies, which I consider 100% rape, as your deliberate action on an usupossing party resulted in thier loss of judgment due to unplanned intoxication.

And alcohol may taketh away the ability, but the ability of a 20 year old male can often override the alcohol.

please be aware that the mental image of sex with a 20 yr is just a bit much...nasty...says the old lady...

no i think you are simply saying that as a justification and rationalization...which we can go longer without sex than either of thoses

There are those who believe there is no culture of rape, just as they believe there is no war on women (or their rights over their own bodies). If you believe there is no culture of rape, I would like to discuss that with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlb4Pu23kqw

The question has to be clarified. Are you talking about easy to figure out, violent rape, or the fuzzy, I'm drunk, she's drunk and in the morning one of the parties isn't happy about it "rape"

Of course the 2nd one has to be quantified with any form of spiking, and maybe even if the male isn't drunk. The spiking makes it 100% a crime, the not being drunk I am not so sure.

If there a "culture" of rape, if you consider the I'm drunk, you're drunk interaction "rape" then maybe there is. of course we brought this upon ourselves with the loosening of sexual restrictions, which while were never really effective, at least made promiscuity a taboo topic, and men were at least trained to be respectful to women.

But that may be another debate.

You're right, the 'he said/she said' can do a lot of damage to a poor sod who thinks he just had a drunken revelry, that is absolutely true. This thread is about societal excusing of rape when it clearly happened. But how she was dressed apparently forgives it, or 'she had it coming,' or this entire military mess.

How can rape possibly be excused or justified? Yet it is.

BD, IMO there isn't an increase in rape in the military...but there certainly is an increase in reporting it now that DADT is gone. Women are not afraid of being accused of being a lesbian anymore by their rapist/attorney.

please be aware that the mental image of sex with a 20 yr is just a bit much...nasty...says the old lady...

no i think you are simply saying that as a justification and rationalization...which we can go longer without sex than either of thoses

Its less about justification and rationalization than about finding the line, and defining the line. Even with the supposed "culture of rape" 99% of people KNOW that if you use a weapon or your physical strength to force sex, its rape. 99% of people know if you drug a girl to unconciousness and have sex with her, its rape. Saying "have sex with me or I will fire you/kill your puppy/post these lewd photos of you" is blackmail and probably rape, but now we have added probably to it, because at this point it is coercsion, and not force or an action to physically eliminate consent. Then we dive into the sordid world of casual sex and morning after regret, with or without alcohol.

To define if we accept a rape culture, we have to define to a detailed level what is rape, and what is something else, be it criminal or non-criminal.

There are those who believe there is no culture of rape, just as they believe there is no war on women (or their rights over their own bodies). If you believe there is no culture of rape, I would like to discuss that with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlb4Pu23kqw

There always has been.

It would help if we actually thought the guys not to do so and the consequences of their actions.

whitehall you cannot leave out sports figures now can you.....

Sure, sports figures are included with Hollywood celebrities. I recall when elitist lacrosse college frat boys were accused of raping a part time prostitute. The entire media was on the side of the frat boys as if it wasn't possible to rape a prostitute.

Sure, sports figures are included with Hollywood celebrities. I recall when elitist lacrosse college frat boys were accused of raping a part time prostitute. The entire media was on the side of the frat boys as if it wasn't possible to rape a prostitute.

the duke lacrosse team was cleared...magnam crystal is in jail for murder....

i dont think i would be using that case in the manner you are....it was a total false charge

the duke lacrosse team was cleared...magnam crystal is in jail for murder....

i dont think i would be using that case in the manner you are....it was a total false charge

Can you charge a person for raping a prostitute? If you have to think about it you are a biased fool. Of course prostitutes have the same legal rights as anyone else. If I was the prosecutor in the frat boy case I would have obtained a search warrant for every cell phone carried by every person at the party and it's likely that the prosecutor had evidence of that sort but nobody in the media dared to ask the tough questions. When you factor in the class structure and the money paid to lawyers and the attitude of the media there is no way you could charge a Kennedy, Bill Clinton or a frat boy of the gang rape of a Black prostitute.

The question has to be clarified. Are you talking about easy to figure out, violent rape, or the fuzzy, I'm drunk, she's drunk and in the morning one of the parties isn't happy about it "rape"

Of course the 2nd one has to be quantified with any form of spiking, and maybe even if the male isn't drunk. The spiking makes it 100% a crime, the not being drunk I am not so sure.

If there a "culture" of rape, if you consider the I'm drunk, you're drunk interaction "rape" then maybe there is. of course we brought this upon ourselves with the loosening of sexual restrictions, which while were never really effective, at least made promiscuity a taboo topic, and men were at least trained to be respectful to women.

But that may be another debate.
It also is presumed that the role of instigator and initiator in sexual transactions is (culturally) assigned to the male, a factor which combined with the fact that the female's (culturally) assigned role in sexual transactions is relatively passive. Simply stated, men are conditioned early on to understand that a woman is rarely if ever inclined to take the lead, or to answer yes if asked.

Consequently, situations which begin as petting sessions and end up with the male asserting his physical strength to effect intercourse often is a misunderstanding rather than a conscious act of forcible rape. So some consideration must be extended to the circumstance in which the female allows the male to take liberties which bring him to an extreme state of arousal and then decides it's time to stop. Many examples of "date rape" could be prevented if the female established from the beginning that she is not amenable to going all the way.

Last edited:

Where do you live Bones?:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back