The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice. Is Christianity a moral creed?

The sacrifice does not mean to take away the human life. It never has unless you have a twisted mind. That sacrificial Lamb is one within the human/adam. It is the portion that each must determine to give up within themselves when they are called forth by the holy spirit. To eat the flesh of Jesus is to consume the holy words that are spoken/written by the spirit. These words feed the mind where the spirit resides.

Their is no escape in the flesh as once joined to the Body of Christ but we are assured that our souls our saved; one also accepts that they will take up their own cross and follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

The law still exist and judgment takes place right here in the flesh of this world. The chosen of the God know that they are and will be subjected right along with those whom they desire that their souls should be saved from certain death and they agree to this before being sent into this world where the enemies of God also reside in the flesh of the world. The really cool part if it all is that the people in this world can reject those evil and wicked things and will have a great deal of help (spiritually speaking) in doing so when they accept the call for the 'anointing of Jehovah's salvation with them' aka 'Jesus Christ'.

I agree that all that occurs in scriptures are to be thought of as happening in our own minds.

Remember please that I wrote the O.P. for the less enlightened than you and I.

You almost sound like you believe in the supernatural. You might want to write somewhat differently so as to dispel that notion.

Regards
DL
You might want to write somewhat differently so as to dispel that notion.

If you do not believe that the King of kings cannot step out of what we mere mortals consider thin air you may wish to rethink your position. Tell me if He was standing in front of you would you actually know that he manifested in the flesh to speak to you?

If that man could not prove himself, then I would think him insane for making statements about the supernatural that he cannot back up. I would also question him as to the really poor moral tenets that were put into his mouth. A deity cannot be immoral and Jesus is shown to be.

I especially dislike his no divorce policy as well as his substitutional punishment policies.

This clip speak of other poor moral tenets.

I think all these points valid and given the number of Christians who will not engage in moral discussions of any kind, I think they know that the morals put into Jesus' mouth are garbage and that they cannot justify them.

Care to engage in a moral discussion?

Regards
DL

Your video is flawed from the get go as Jesus did not claim to be God.

Your desiring to play devil's advocate some more?

If so set the ground rules and I may be willing to discuss 'morals' with you if (that is if it doesn't get to wild).

I am well aware that Jesus never claimed to be God, but Christians have made him God with their stupid Trinity concept.

If you wish to discuss morals, look at the post just above where I replied to a question on divorce and substitutional punishment that Christians have to buy into to be saved.

Regards
DL.

If a person stays with an abusive spouse they are punishing themselves aren't they?

Why would that which is holy dedicated to be a Son of God stay in the forefront where it is not desired nor wanted? Wouldn't that be what you could call a separation/divorce from the perps/pervs/blasphemer/(insert any abomination which are parts pieces and portions of that son of perdition) who refuses to regard its own (guilty) conscience?
Conscience-divorce.PNG

conscience.PNG

Bill of divorce Jeremiah 3:8

Last edited:

If so set the ground rules and I may be willing to discuss 'morals' with you if (that is if it doesn't get to wild).

I am well aware that Jesus never claimed to be God, but Christians have made him God with their stupid Trinity concept.

If you wish to discuss morals, look at the post just above where I replied to a question on divorce and substitutional punishment that Christians have to buy into to be saved.

Regards
DL.
Gnostics believe the God of the OT is evil and the God of the NT is good.

When you start asking what we believe instead of putting lies out here of what we believe, we can chat. Till then, I will continue to ignore your pathetic attention seeking.

Regards
DL
Gnostics believe in two Gods. The evil god who is the God of the material world and the good god who is the God of the spiritual world.

When you start asking what we believe instead of putting lies out here of what we believe, we can chat. Till then, I will continue to ignore your pathetic attention seeking.

Regards
DL
Gnostic beliefs are a matter of public record. I am telling you exactly what they believe as recorded by history.

They believed the material world was evil.

I agree that all that occurs in scriptures are to be thought of as happening in our own minds.

Remember please that I wrote the O.P. for the less enlightened than you and I.

You almost sound like you believe in the supernatural. You might want to write somewhat differently so as to dispel that notion.

Regards
DL

If you do not believe that the King of kings cannot step out of what we mere mortals consider thin air you may wish to rethink your position. Tell me if He was standing in front of you would you actually know that he manifested in the flesh to speak to you?

If that man could not prove himself, then I would think him insane for making statements about the supernatural that he cannot back up. I would also question him as to the really poor moral tenets that were put into his mouth. A deity cannot be immoral and Jesus is shown to be.

I especially dislike his no divorce policy as well as his substitutional punishment policies.

I think all these points valid and given the number of Christians who will not engage in moral discussions of any kind, I think they know that the morals put into Jesus' mouth are garbage and that they cannot justify them.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL.

If a person stays with an abusive spouse they are punishing themselves aren't they?

Why would that which is holy dedicated to be a Son of God stay in the forefront where it is not desired nor wanted? Wouldn't that be what you could call a separation/divorce from the perps/pervs/blasphemer/(insert any abomination which are parts pieces and portions of that son of perdition) who refuses to regard its own (guilty) conscience?
View attachment 239316
View attachment 239315

I pulled this out to speak to as the rest went right over my head but I think my answer would be that it would not be kosher. But again, your phrasing threw me off a touch. I am French and it might just be the way I read.

If I missed something you particularly wanted to ask about, please rephrase a question.

"If a person stays with an abusive spouse they are punishing themselves aren't they?"

I would say yes, and a religion that uses peer pressure and or one of their immoral tenets to have the spouse stay in an abusive relationship, that that religion is also promoting and aiding in the abuse being perpetrated.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL.

Regards
DL
Gnostics believe in two Gods. The evil god who is the God of the material world and the good god who is the God of the spiritual world.

Regards
DL
Gnostic beliefs are a matter of public record. I am telling you exactly what they believe as recorded by history.

Still to obtuse to ask and enjoy being ignored eh?

You lack the intelligence for this but what the hell.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards

DL

I would say yes, and a religion that uses peer pressure and or one of their immoral tenets to have the spouse stay in an abusive relationship, that that religion is also promoting and aiding in the abuse being perpetrated.
There are one hundred divorces each hour. How many of these divorces are due to spousal abuse? Further, which religions force someone in an abusive relationship to remain in that relationship? Example: Catholics do not forbid divorce. What they frown upon is remarriage after a divorce.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL.

View attachment 239316
View attachment 239315

I pulled this out to speak to as the rest went right over my head but I think my answer would be that it would not be kosher. But again, your phrasing threw me off a touch. I am French and it might just be the way I read.

If I missed something you particularly wanted to ask about, please rephrase a question.

"If a person stays with an abusive spouse they are punishing themselves aren't they?"

Regards
DL

I agree with you a religion that expects a human to stay in an abusive relationship is abusing the Word with their own misguided precepts. Jumping into marriage or an intimate relationship without taking care in thinking it all through is the foolish nature we humans seem to have. Perhaps a lot of that is a societal issue in this throw away atmosphere that has been created through commerce first at all cost.

Divorce as perceived by some is not a God/Spirit issue but one people here created for themselves by their own acts. I took the time to give you the more proper explanation for the spiritual aspect of what the Bible is speaking to when the word divorce is used. Perhaps some preachers can pick up on that and quit being such busy bodies about peoples personal affairs when they make errors.

No real question for you just something for you to ponder.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice. Is Christianity a moral creed?

I find Christianity immoral for substitutionary atonement as well as many others of their moral tenets.

Without the blood sacrifice of Jesus, Christianity fails as a salvific religion.

We could thump all day with passages that both support blood sacrifice as well as quote the many passages against it as shown with both types of quotes in this link.

Recognizing that there are many contradictory passages in scriptures, let’s ignore them all and just look at the morality of substitutionary atonement.

Scriptures tell us that to perfect our wisdom, we must get out of the Christian theology. I think that those passages are asking us to confirm our thinking with analogies that do not include Christian dogma.

With that in mind, I offer an analogy for discussion.

Scriptures say we are all children of God.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended?

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.
you agree that having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree that to abdicate personal responsibility or use a scapegoat is immoral?

If not, please show how it is morally and legally good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, bearing in mind that all legal systems think that punishing the guilty is what is justice.

Regards
DL

Wow. Life might be like the Cole Porter song, "Anything Goes".

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards

DL
Satan misquoted Scripture too.

The reality is that Gnostics were not encouraged to marry and they were encouraged to commit suicide.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The Christian reality.

-----------

Candide.

Regards

DL

There are both aspect down here. There is good and there is evil. I agree with you it is an evolution but not all grow or evolve at exactly the same time. Just like different age children.

Have you ever considered why an untrained child plays with its own turds?

There are one hundred divorces each hour. How many of these divorces are due to spousal abuse? Further, which religions force someone in an abusive relationship to remain in that relationship? Example: Catholics do not forbid divorce. What they frown upon is remarriage after a divorce.

Which denies people the right to find loving lifetime partners. You do not seem to care and put other considerations above love.

I do not know how many divorces are for spousal abuse. I don't really care as living in a loveless situation, IMO, is a person abusing him or herself.

Regards
DL

I find Christianity immoral for substitutionary atonement as well as many others of their moral tenets.

Without the blood sacrifice of Jesus, Christianity fails as a salvific religion.

We could thump all day with passages that both support blood sacrifice as well as quote the many passages against it as shown with both types of quotes in this link.

Recognizing that there are many contradictory passages in scriptures, let’s ignore them all and just look at the morality of substitutionary atonement.

Scriptures tell us that to perfect our wisdom, we must get out of the Christian theology. I think that those passages are asking us to confirm our thinking with analogies that do not include Christian dogma.

With that in mind, I offer an analogy for discussion.

Scriptures say we are all children of God.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended?

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.
you agree that having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree that to abdicate personal responsibility or use a scapegoat is immoral?

If not, please show how it is morally and legally good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, bearing in mind that all legal systems think that punishing the guilty is what is justice.

Regards
DL

Wow. Life might be like the Cole Porter song, "Anything Goes".

I do not see that and few will.

How can we when we live in a world of laws and all answer to each other?

How does your reply speak to the O.P.?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The Christian reality.

-----------

Candide.

Regards

DL

There are both aspect down here. There is good and there is evil. I agree with you it is an evolution but not all grow or evolve at exactly the same time. Just like different age children.

Poor parenting.

Strange what comes to the minds of those contemplating reality.

Stop doing what came to your mind. Please.

Regards
DL

Which denies people the right to find loving lifetime partners. You do not seem to care and put other considerations above love.

I do not know how many divorces are for spousal abuse. I don't really care as living in a loveless situation, IMO, is a person abusing him or herself.
Divorce also affects children, often for the majority of their lives. Doing what adults deem best is the best for adults is not necessarily what is best for children. It is also noted that stable families make for a stable community/society. I have no wish to begin throwing statistics back and forth. One stat I did find interesting is that seventy percent of women who married men with children said given what they know now, they would not do it again. Children often report that two different standards of behavior are expected of them when they are split between parents.

I simply note that perhaps society needs to be better educated on all the pros and cons of divorce. Instead it appears discussions on divorce immediately jump to an abusive relationship while ignoring the "no fault" cases where couples decide it is easier to throw in the towel than to make a marriage work. Love is more than a a feel-good feeling. Couples need to learn how to overcome the low points in a marriage relationship--particularly when children are involved.

Divorce also affects children, often for the majority of their lives.

Indeed. So does living in a loveless home.

To teach children that they should put love above all other considerations should be the top priority in all of us.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The Christian reality.

-----------

Candide.

Regards

DL

Poor parenting.

Regards
DL
Have you raised any children?

This playing with turds generally happens when they are still babes; they are able to sit-up and just learning to walk at that point in their still very young lives. It has nothing to do with poor parenting but the exploration of the world around them and what is in them that comes out which fascinates them. The babe doesn't know that the waste coming out of them is nasty until they see that frown of disapproval on your face.

Regards
DL
Cleaning house and preparing daily meals is a necessity for the flesh just as looking at the reality and teaching a child to recognize what is good sustenance and bad sustenance for them to consume. If one cannot recognize the good from the evil they are bound for a long hard term down here.

Regards
DL.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I read through some of the Gnostic scrolls that were transcribed. Ding. The love of the world over the love of God's spiritual realm is an evil that must be overcome to enter fully into the spiritual realm of Jerusalem while one is here.

I mentioned Jesse Duplantis describing his tour the spirit gave him of heaven. Perhaps watch that and contemplate what all he was shown. Consider the house he was shown and the limitations of where he was allowed to travel while being shown the heavenly realm.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I read through some of the Gnostic scrolls that were transcribed. Ding. The love of the world over the love of God's spiritual realm is an evil that must be overcome to enter fully into the spiritual realm of Jerusalem while one is here.

I mentioned Jesse Duplantis describing his tour the spirit gave him of heaven. Perhaps watch that and contemplate what all he was shown. Consider the house he was shown and the limitations of where he was allowed to travel while being shown the heavenly realm.
It is the traditions of the Gnostics that you need to look at to understand their beliefs.

The Gnostic Christians were effectively communists.

The love of the world over the love of God's spiritual realm is an evil that must be overcome to enter fully into the spiritual realm of Jerusalem while one is here.

I can almost agree here but you have to remember that in Gnostic Christianity, the physical is what expresses the spiritual by our actions.

We see God within us and let his spirit shine through by our expressing it.

I have yet to proof and finish what follows but you might get some of what we are talking about in it.
-----------

Have you leaned what your bible teaches?

The Bible teaches one to start ones spiritual journey from the bottom i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born Sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are One. This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from Dwait stage , (where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities), graduates to Vishishta Adwait (a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/ fraction of Him) and finally reached to the Adwait stage ( a stage when he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.)

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

John Lennon. It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics, who believed in self-knowledge, I.E. becoming Gods themselves, reaching the Christ within, the light is the truth. Turn on the light. All the better to see you my dear.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back