The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice. Is Christianity a moral creed?

You have to go to church, apologize to God for being a sinner, then defy the law of God and then get down on your knees to worship a three in one mangod that never existed to show God just how sorry you are for your sins.

You must do this every Sunday and every other high holiday till kingdom come. During the week, every week for the rest of your life, you are free to lie, cheat, steal, screw your neighbor and act like a jerk in the name of the Lord..all you have to do is admit that you are fucked up, believe that you are saved, do the exact opposite of what God commands, and then presto alakazam! Nothing changes.

Does every anti-christian on this board use the same ridiculous double-proposition attack? Something Freud described as no more than desperate "rationalization".

"Christianity is wrong and nothing it says is true"
"Anyhow you are violating the holy truths of real Christianity."

If your tired, banal, overused complaint was being described in legal terms I think the correct charge would be "consciousness of guilt". Deep down you know you are guilty and you know it by virtue of the Church's proclamations of truth...and so the rationalization of your hatred is that the people who are Christians arent as perfect as you.

Face it. So long as the Church proclaims truth then you will feel guilty. And you apparently can't ignore it. So why dont you work on your own sin rather than trying to eliminate the recognition of your sin? Because you have lost that battle already.

There is no truth in a church that teaches that the spirit of God is present in a lifeless matzo made by human hands. There is no truth in a church that teaches that a human being is God. There is no truth in a church that teaches people to set aside the divine commands and practice idolatry as the way to eternal life. There is no church started by Jesus that desecrates his teachings daily and celebrates his death as their most sacred and important ritual and then, of all things, eats him. Even if only symbolically it's a sick and perverted demonstration of how much you don't love Jesus or give a shit about God.

Your sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field. You have confused faith with obstinate stupidity and so your guilt remains. The proof is that you can't see what is obvious to even the least intelligent person out there.

Your religion has become the haunt of every foul and loathsome beast and bird.and creepy thing that creeps.

And I don't feel guilty for saying so at all. I don't even feel bad for you. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to set aside the law of God and get down on your knees to worship an abomination that causes desolation and mislead others to do the same while praying that they have the faith to hold out to the end marching obliviously, like sheep to the slaughter, to their inevitable destruction .

So you have lots and lots of faith. And you even have lots of books of other religions!
All I can really say is, what a guy!

Last edited:
You have to go to church, apologize to God for being a sinner, then defy the law of God and then get down on your knees to worship a three in one mangod that never existed to show God just how sorry you are for your sins.

You must do this every Sunday and every other high holiday till kingdom come. During the week, every week for the rest of your life, you are free to lie, cheat, steal, screw your neighbor and act like a jerk in the name of the Lord..all you have to do is admit that you are fucked up, believe that you are saved, do the exact opposite of what God commands, and then presto alakazam! Nothing changes.

Does every anti-christian on this board use the same ridiculous double-proposition attack? Something Freud described as no more than desperate "rationalization".

If your tired, banal, overused complaint was being described in legal terms I think the correct charge would be "consciousness of guilt". Deep down you know you are guilty and you know it by virtue of the Church's proclamations of truth...and so the rationalization of your hatred is that the people who are Christians arent as perfect as you.

Face it. So long as the Church proclaims truth then you will feel guilty. And you apparently can't ignore it. So why dont you work on your own sin rather than trying to eliminate the recognition of your sin? Because you have lost that battle already.

There is no truth in a church that teaches that the spirit of God is present in a lifeless matzo made by human hands. There is no truth in a church that teaches that a human being is God. There is no truth in a church that teaches people to set aside the divine commands and practice idolatry as the way to eternal life. There is no church started by Jesus that desecrates his teachings daily and celebrates his death as their most sacred and important ritual and then, of all things, eats him. Even if only symbolically it's a sick and perverted demonstration of how much you don't love Jesus or give a shit about God.

Your sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field. You have confused faith with obstinate stupidity and so your guilt remains. The proof is that you can't see what is obvious to even the least intelligent person out there.

Your religion has become the haunt of every foul and loathsome beast and bird.and creepy thing that creeps.

And I don't feel guilty for saying so at all. I don't even feel bad for you. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to set aside the law of God and get down on your knees to worship an abomination that causes desolation and mislead others to do the same while praying that they have the faith to hold out to the end marching obliviously, like sheep to the slaughter, to their inevitable destruction .

So you have lots and lots of faith. And you even have lots of books of other religions!

You don't believe that it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth.

So since you don't believe it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth, you don't believe it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host.

And since you don't believe that it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host, God will never manifest himself into the Host for you, and you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself.

And since you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself, you will never be able to prove to yourself that it is true.

But you will continue to insult, criticize and question the veracity of those that have.

Last edited:
The early Christians did believe that the bread and wine were the body and blood of Christ which is why St Paul admonished them not to treat it as food.

You don't believe that it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth.

So since you don't believe it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth, you don't believe it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host.

And since you don't believe that it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host, God will never manifest himself into the Host for you, and you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself.

And since you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself, you will never be able to prove to yourself that it is true.

But you will continue to insult, criticize and question the veracity of those that have.

You are right! I do not believe that God was born into this world to testify to the truth. God sent Jesus to testify to the truth. At least thats what Jesus said. The Bible tells me so.

And I will never believe that God would manifest himself into the host like you have and so I will never know what it is to die like you have. I will never confuse the living God with a figment of my own unrestrained imagination like you have and so I will never experience the pain and confusion of seeking eternal life from something that is not God, has no life, and doesn't correspond to any real living being ever in existence like you have.

Woe is me.

I just want you to tell you that it makes me very sad to know that some unfortunate souls like you would be digging their own graves for another thousand years if they could even though if they had any faith at all you all would stop it immediately and come out of that big empty hole in the dirt that you have made for yourselves to sleep in.

Heads up ding dong. The time is approaching fast when that mass grave that you are currently having nightmares in will be covered up and sealed over.

Not to worry!

I heard it will be turned into a public park. They will plant grass and trees and families will have picnics in the sunshine right above your decomposing body and broken bones. Then you will finally be able to dream about being saved by munching on God forever without being disturbed by reality or me..and at the same time the living will no longer have to endure hearing the cacophony of tortured souls in hell.

See? Everyone will be happy!

Praise God! Thank you Jesus! Hallelujah! Amen!

Last edited:

You are right! I do not believe that God was born into this world to testify to the truth. God sent Jesus to testify to the truth. At least thats what Jesus said. The Bible tells me so.

And I will never believe that God would manifest himself into the host and so I will never know what it is to die like you have. I will never confuse the living God with a figment of my own unrestrained imagination like you have and so I will never experience the pain and confusion of seeking eternal life from something that is not God and has no life and doesn't correspond to any real living being ever in existence like you.

Woe is me.

I just want to let you know that it makes me very sad to know that some unfortunate souls like you will be digging their own graves for another thousand years.
^^^^^^^^^^ Dumb vs Dumber. :popcorn:

But I have to say yours is the shallowest, saddest and most sterile religion possible.

What do you base that on and how do you figure that a perpetual seeking creed is sterile as compared to the mainstream religions that have not changed since their inception, where they had to grow by inquisitions and jihads due to not having good moral tenets to convert with?

I think you know nearly nothing of Gnostic Christianity and are talking out of your ass, but I am willing to give you a chance to prove your ridiculous assumptions.

In your great wealth of knowledge, do you even know what we call our God?

Regards
DL

But I have to say yours is the shallowest, saddest and most sterile religion possible.

What do you base that on and how do you figure that a perpetual seeking creed is sterile as compared to the mainstream religions that have not changed since their inception, where they had to grow by inquisitions and jihads due to not having good moral tenets to convert with?

I think you know nearly nothing of Gnostic Christianity and are talking out of your ass, but I am willing to give you a chance to prove your ridiculous assumptions.

Regards
DL

We arent talking about "early gnostics". At east I wasnt. They died off long ago from sterility. Paganism died as well but it was rich and vital at least. Just wrong.

Philosophically you cant get past a basic, and unoriginal, anti-Christian creed. There is nothing you produce yourself preferring simply to stand in opposition to what another has proclaimed. That doesnt lend itself to anything very deep or intriguing.

And you cant even point to any non-creedal benefit to mankind. You espouse a sterile anti-religion that produces no art...builds no hospitals...makes no scientific discoveries...creates no literature or culture. No benefits to mankind whatsoever..spiritual or secular.

I dont think you need t repeat yourself...you dont like Christianity. I'm only saying attacking it will not, in the end, make you feel any less miserable. It will just frustrate you. And the Church continues to grow. As it has for two millennia.
You would do better to just pretend you dont care or find a religion that exists without simply being anti-Christian.

I dont think you need t repeat yourself...you dont like Christianity. I'm only saying attacking it will not, in the end, make you feel any less miserable. It will just frustrate you. And the Church continues to grow. As it has for two millennia.
You would do better to just pretend you dont care or find a religion that exists without simply being anti-Christian.

lol... Its not about me not liking Christianity. If you didn't ask your stupid question about punishment , I would not have said a god damn thing to you. But for some reason you just had to go on to profess that your irrational beliefs are the truth which requires a response exposing it as a lie, because it isn't the truth. Duh. Like you don't already know.

If you don't like what I said, don't lie and I won't have to correct you. If you don't want anyone to make fun of you, don't profess to believe ridiculous things on a public message board..Go to church.

And seriously, do you really think that anyone calling you out on your church bullshit is miserable? Don't be stupid.

I'm having fun. Aren't you?.

C'mon now.. Ding actually said that God is present in the host, a lifeless friggin cracker, just because he believes..

Seriously. How is someone supposed to not chew that one up and then spit it out and laugh?

Last edited:

Regards
DL
You aren’t a Gnostic. Gnostics believed in the existence of two Gods. You don’t in the existence of any god.

lol... Its not about me not liking Christianity. If you didn't ask your stupid question about punishment , I would not have said a god damn thing to you. But for some reason you just had to go on to profess that your irrational beliefs are the truth which requires a response exposing it as a lie, because it isn't the truth. Duh. Like you don't already know.

If you don't like what I said, don't lie and I won't have to correct you. If you don't want anyone to make fun of you, don't profess to believe ridiculous things on a public message board..Go to church.

And seriously, do you really think that anyone calling you out on your church bullshit is miserable? Don't be stupid.

I'm having fun. Aren't you?.

C'mon now.. Ding actually said that God is present in the host, a lifeless friggin cracker, just because he believes..

Seriously. How is someone supposed to not chew that one up and then spit it out and laugh?
You didn’t quote me exactly. I said God won’t manifest himself into the host unless you have faith that he will.

I’ve been laughed at before it’s not so bad.

You know who else got laughed at and ridiculed by people who lacked faith like you? Jesus Christ.

The really interesting thing about your behaviors is that you think that being laughed at is supposed to make me angry or upset. All you are really doing is showing everyone your fears.

You know who else got laughed at and ridiculed by people who lacked faith like you? Jesus Christ.

The really interesting thing about your behaviors is that you think that being laughed at is supposed to make me angry or upset. All you are really doing is showing everyone your fears.

I read the commandments. You read the commandments. I read that setting aside the law of God results in death, you read that setting aside the law of God results in death. I hear the church say out loud that God is present in a cracker, You hear the church say out loud that God is present in a cracker. I hear the church openly teach that idolatry is the way to eternal life. You hear the church openly teach that idolatry is the way to eternal life.

You think that believing this ridiculous and irrational assertion that contradicts what was written in the entire bible takes faith. I think that denouncing this ridiculous and irrational assertion that contradicts what was written in the entire bible is what takes faith.

You think I'm going to hell when I die for lack of faith. I see that you are already dead and in hell for lack of faith.

Capisce?

Last edited:
The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice. Is Christianity a moral creed?

I find Christianity immoral for substitutionary atonement as well as many others of their moral tenets.

Without the blood sacrifice of Jesus, Christianity fails as a salvific religion.

We could thump all day with passages that both support blood sacrifice as well as quote the many passages against it as shown with both types of quotes in this link.

Recognizing that there are many contradictory passages in scriptures, let’s ignore them all and just look at the morality of substitutionary atonement.

Scriptures tell us that to perfect our wisdom, we must get out of the Christian theology. I think that those passages are asking us to confirm our thinking with analogies that do not include Christian dogma.

With that in mind, I offer an analogy for discussion.

Scriptures say we are all children of God.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended?

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.

Do you agree that having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree that to abdicate personal responsibility or use a scapegoat is immoral?

If not, please show how it is morally and legally good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, bearing in mind that all legal systems think that punishing the guilty is what is justice.

Regards
DL
The sacrifice does not mean to take away the human life. It never has unless you have a twisted mind. That sacrificial Lamb is one within the human/adam. It is the portion that each must determine to give up within themselves when they are called forth by the holy spirit. To eat the flesh of Jesus is to consume the holy words that are spoken/written by the spirit. These words feed the mind where the spirit resides.

Their is no escape in the flesh as once joined to the Body of Christ but we are assured that our souls our saved; one also accepts that they will take up their own cross and follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

The law still exist and judgment takes place right here in the flesh of this world. The chosen of the God know that they are and will be subjected right along with those whom they desire that their souls should be saved from certain death and they agree to this before being sent into this world where the enemies of God also reside in the flesh of the world. The really cool part if it all is that the people in this world can reject those evil and wicked things and will have a great deal of help (spiritually speaking) in doing so when they accept the call for the 'anointing of Jehovah's salvation with them' aka 'Jesus Christ'.

Regards
DL

We arent talking about "early gnostics". At east I wasnt. They died off long ago from sterility. Paganism died as well but it was rich and vital at least. Just wrong.

Philosophically you cant get past a basic, and unoriginal, anti-Christian creed. There is nothing you produce yourself preferring simply to stand in opposition to what another has proclaimed. That doesnt lend itself to anything very deep or intriguing.

And you cant even point to any non-creedal benefit to mankind. You espouse a sterile anti-religion that produces no art...builds no hospitals...makes no scientific discoveries...creates no literature or culture. No benefits to mankind whatsoever..spiritual or secular.

This last is true, as it is hard to do so when Christians inquisitions tried to make us extinct by murder.

You seem to like murderers and you should wonder why.

Your answer will be quite intriguing to yourself as you see how your morals have been corrupted by your beliefs.

Let us all know your answer. Please.

Regards
DL

Now you resort to lies as all the stats show religions dying out.

And those stats don't even include all the religious hypocrites who lie when they say they are following their religions.

Our young and better educated adults have no need of imaginary genocidal son murdering God that immoral fools see as good.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
You aren’t a Gnostic. Gnostics believed in the existence of two Gods. You don’t in the existence of any god.

When all you have is lies, you should shut up.

Regards
DL

I find Christianity immoral for substitutionary atonement as well as many others of their moral tenets.

Without the blood sacrifice of Jesus, Christianity fails as a salvific religion.

We could thump all day with passages that both support blood sacrifice as well as quote the many passages against it as shown with both types of quotes in this link.

Recognizing that there are many contradictory passages in scriptures, let’s ignore them all and just look at the morality of substitutionary atonement.

Scriptures tell us that to perfect our wisdom, we must get out of the Christian theology. I think that those passages are asking us to confirm our thinking with analogies that do not include Christian dogma.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended?

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.

Do you agree that having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree that to abdicate personal responsibility or use a scapegoat is immoral?

If not, please show how it is morally and legally good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, bearing in mind that all legal systems think that punishing the guilty is what is justice.

Regards
DL
The sacrifice does not mean to take away the human life. It never has unless you have a twisted mind. That sacrificial Lamb is one within the human/adam. It is the portion that each must determine to give up within themselves when they are called forth by the holy spirit. To eat the flesh of Jesus is to consume the holy words that are spoken/written by the spirit. These words feed the mind where the spirit resides.

Their is no escape in the flesh as once joined to the Body of Christ but we are assured that our souls our saved; one also accepts that they will take up their own cross and follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

The law still exist and judgment takes place right here in the flesh of this world. The chosen of the God know that they are and will be subjected right along with those whom they desire that their souls should be saved from certain death and they agree to this before being sent into this world where the enemies of God also reside in the flesh of the world. The really cool part if it all is that the people in this world can reject those evil and wicked things and will have a great deal of help (spiritually speaking) in doing so when they accept the call for the 'anointing of Jehovah's salvation with them' aka 'Jesus Christ'.

I agree that all that occurs in scriptures are to be thought of as happening in our own minds.

Remember please that I wrote the O.P. for the less enlightened than you and I.

You almost sound like you believe in the supernatural. You might want to write somewhat differently so as to dispel that notion.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I agree that all that occurs in scriptures are to be thought of as happening in our own minds.

Remember please that I wrote the O.P. for the less enlightened than you and I.

You almost sound like you believe in the supernatural. You might want to write somewhat differently so as to dispel that notion.

Regards
DL

You might want to write somewhat differently so as to dispel that notion.

If you do not believe that the King of kings cannot step out of what we mere mortals consider thin air you may wish to rethink your position. Tell me if He was standing in front of you would you actually know that he manifested in the flesh to speak to you?

I read the commandments. You read the commandments. I read that setting aside the law of God results in death, you read that setting aside the law of God results in death. I hear the church say out loud that God is present in a cracker, You hear the church say out loud that God is present in a cracker. I hear the church openly teach that idolatry is the way to eternal life. You hear the church openly teach that idolatry is the way to eternal life.

You think that believing this ridiculous and irrational assertion that contradicts what was written in the entire bible takes faith. I think that denouncing this ridiculous and irrational assertion that contradicts what was written in the entire bible is what takes faith.

You think I'm going to hell when I die for lack of faith. I see that you are already dead and in hell for lack of faith.

Capisce?
Do you believe that God is good?

Forum List

Back