The Constitution is, in fact a suicide pact

I have a great sense of humor when things of funny. And had you said Cali and Texas, I prolly would have laughed. But it looked like a typical righty potshot.

Cheers if I was wrong. :cheers2:

California has about 1/8 of the total US population and has a GDP larger than most countries. I would be careful what I wish for red staters
So why are they going broke?

Because, atleast one reason, the federal tax dollars they pay in are being disproportionately used to prop up smaller, mostly red states...

The Contitution was a suicide pact. Not for the reason posted (but it comes damn close)

The men that put all of this on paper, new that if things went south and the English came back...

They would be strange fruit hanging from a tree.

The war had been over for 7 years. No new war (such as the War of 1812) would treat the Americans as traitors, their independent status was already recognized. It's not treason if you win.

California has about 1/8 of the total US population and has a GDP larger than most countries. I would be careful what I wish for red staters

Because, atleast one reason, the federal tax dollars they pay in are being disproportionately used to prop up smaller, mostly red states...

So blue states are run by a bunch of idiots.

Thanks for re-confirming that.

And red states are parasites and leeches.

Both equally valid conclusions...

It's YOUR money. If you don't like the idea of getting your money back, then please feel free to go bankrupt.

My earlier posting showed the rankings useing 7 factors, not the one you blather about. Go back and look, you will see that blue states fill the bottom, and it's not b/c of the "Federal teet"

It's YOUR money. If you don't like the idea of getting your money back, then please feel free to go bankrupt.

My earlier posting showed the rankings useing 7 factors, not the one you blather about. Go back and look, you will see that blue states fill the bottom, and it's not b/c of the "Federal teet"

The fact that Im "blathering" about is a part of good answer to your question: So why are they going broke?. They pay alot more to the federal government than they get back.

Texas plays a big part in making Healthcare so expensive. Fat fucks need to go on a DIET.

else the States would still have the right to leave, instead of being forced off the cliff this nation seems to be jumping from

thank you, Mr Lincoln

yeah, it is. The USSC said so in 1869

Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869) was a significant case argued before the United States Supreme Court in 1869. The case involved a claim by the Reconstruction government of Texas that United States bonds owned by Texas since 1850 had been illegally sold by the Confederate state legislature during the American Civil War. The state filed suit directly with the United States Supreme Court, which, under the United States Constitution, retains original jurisdiction on cases in which a state is a party.

In accepting jurisdiction, the court ruled that Texas had remained a state ever since it first joined the Union, despite its joining the Confederate States of America and its being under military rule at the time of the decision in the case. In deciding the merits of the bond issue, the court further held that the Constitution did not permit states to secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null".

So united we stand, divided we fall. Or "a house divided cannot stand".

Yeah whatever, the data you provided all revolved around growth stats with the single exception of unemployment.

Ca is down but not out and we are still the world's 6th largest economy all by ourselves.

Texas isn't. But just for shits and grins you got any stats that show median income in the two states? Or median income/household?

The Civil War only settled the question of unilateral secession, not mutual. If the rest of the states agree that you should leave you can.

At what point will the other states tire of Crazy Uncle California?

after they tire of Texas ...

if you want to play the loony toon game. :thup:

but it's always nice to see the rightwngnuts take every opportunity to avoid discussion and go for the potshot. well done.

The thread started with a potshot, why not continue? Or do you think that JB has some kind of point?

And the award for no sense of humor goes to....... Jillian!

California is more the crazy uncle who you invite over and he does nothing but ramble on about the uses of hemp and checks your sofa for change. Texas is the crazy uncle you dont go visit without calling first because he has barbed wire around his property, and signs warning he will shoot all trespassers.

I have a great sense of humor when things of funny. And had you said Cali and Texas, I prolly would have laughed. But it looked like a typical righty potshot.

Cheers if I was wrong. :cheers2:

It also has a deficit that is larger than most state's budget, and has repeatedly tried to get the federal government to bail it out. You might want to consider your own advice.

Wrong.

They are going broke because they spend more money than they take in in taxes. You can complain about federal taxes all day long, but even if California was exempted from them they would still have the exact same problem, only worse, because they would not be getting any federal money either.

Forum List

Back