Why extend the Bush tax cuts?

captaingeech

Jun 19, 2010
I haven't really understood the argument for extending the Bush tax cuts. Information anyone can provide would be very helpful. All I know is that for every dollar we use to extend the Bush cuts the economy grows $0.30, so we're not even making our money back on the investment.

All the sources I have read agree very closely on this:

A 2006 analysis of extending the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts by the Republican-leaning Heritage Foundation estimated that only 30 percent of the gross revenue loss would be recouped through behavioral effects and macroeconomic stimulus.

A Dynamic Analysis of the 2001 and 2003 Bush Tax Cuts: Applying an Alternative Technique for Calibrating Macroeconomic and Microsimulation Models | The Heritage Foundation

Table 1: Fiscal Economic Bang for the Buck
One year $ change in real GDP for a given $ reduction in federal tax revenue or increase
in spending

Tax Cuts
Non-refundable lump-sum tax rebate 1.02
Refundable lump-sum tax rebate 1.26

Temporary tax cuts
payroll tax holiday 1.29
Across the board tax cut 1.03
Accelerated depreciation 0.27
Permanent tax cuts
Extend alternative minimum tax patch 0.48
Make Bush income tax cuts permanent 0.29
Make dividend and capital gains tax cuts permanent 0.37
Cut in corporate tax rate 0.30

Spending Increases
Extending UI benefits 1.64
Temporary increase in food stamps 1.73
General aid to state governments 1.36
Increased infrastructure spending 1.59
Source: Moody's Economy.com

http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/assissing-the-impact-of-the-fiscal-stimulus.pdf

You have not thought of the argument for.........

Bullshit,

another thread on the same topic, push any relevant argument to the bottom of the forum or to the next page.

Numerous threads on the same topic pushing all relevant argument out of sight, to the second or third pages.

Gee, I dont understand but I do know that people keeping their hard work deprives me of my free lunch.

Endless, they will never stop, ever watch their marches at one of these world summits. Very violent, they stand up to the police and throw rocks, bottles, urine in bottles.

They do this to police, what will they do to people who are unarmed, peaceful, but the people they state are bigots, racist, destroying their life, destroying their planet.

What will the same people who throw bottles full of urine at Police, who have guns, what will these people do to you.

Information anyone can provide will be really useful. Honest, I am just asking, I do not know, can anyone help, please,

What an asshole, this dick weed actually thinks people will respond as if they are serious.

I guess people will, I did.

Unbelievable, it is obvious they will never stop.

The Enemy Within

Forum List

Back