The Conservative Contradiction

Do you really believe that you would be the only one educating your kids about sex if the schools drop sex education?
Do you really think you can control what they hear and see?

Kids are going to hear about sex from other kids, TV, the internet. You can't control the message...it is all over

If you don't agree with what the schools teach, sit down with your kid and tell them why you think its wrong. They may believe you...they may not

I think we went of topic a little.

I do not disagree with sex ed in the schools. I made that clear. Moist conservatives dont disagree with it.

We believe that it should be done later on....not in primary school.

I spoke to my kids about sex when they each turned 10...and both times I learned a lot I did not know about sex! :lol::lol::lol:

Joking aside...dont take it out of schools. Simply let the family introduce it to them first....and most parents want to do it after 10....not before.

And one more thing, don't make a joke of our beliefs that abstinence works.

I do not believe in abstinence only sex ed, but I do believe in teaching that abstinence is the only sure way to prevent an unwanted pregnancy and avoid STD's and that it can be attained until marriage. The left makes a joke about teaching abstinence, but I don't think they should.

Immie

Not to mention that abstinence is the only method of birth control that is 100% effective. People making jokes about just shows they are after something else than truth.

I do not disagree with sex ed in the schools. I made that clear. Moist conservatives dont disagree with it.

I spoke to my kids about sex when they each turned 10...and both times I learned a lot I did not know about sex! :lol::lol::lol:

Joking aside...dont take it out of schools. Simply let the family introduce it to them first....and most parents want to do it after 10....not before.

I do not believe in abstinence only sex ed, but I do believe in teaching that abstinence is the only sure way to prevent an unwanted pregnancy and avoid STD's and that it can be attained until marriage. The left makes a joke about teaching abstinence, but I don't think they should.

Immie

I fully support the idea that abstinence works. It worked for me

But I was a socially awkward, geeky kid with thick glasses who couldn't get laid if he wanted to. Now, if some cheerleader was draping herself over me....I don't know how long my abstenence strategy would have lasted

It wouldn't be abstinence of it didn't last.

Consrvatives oppose sex education to young children. We believe that our children should be intorduced to sex education by the parent. Usually, that takes place somewhere around 10-13 years old. For some teacher to inrtroduce them to it at 7 years old in putting the parents in a position to "rush" it.

We are fine with birth control education...again, at the right age.

We do not believe that we should pay for abortions as we personally believe it is murder. We are OK with others NOT seeing it as murder, but we ask them to understand that we DO see it as murder....so we say "do as you wish as this is AMerica, but do not make us pay fopr your actions".

And we should ALL complain about the number of abortions in America. It is murder to some and DANGEROUS to all. There is nothing good about getting pregnant when you dont want to be and nothing good about aborting the baby.

If you are concerned about the number of abortions in America you should support reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies. This is done by making sure kids are educated and birth control is readily available and used.
Once a woman gets pregnant you have to ensure she has other options other than abortion. Free and lowcost pre-natal care, help with adoption or assistance with birth costs. If she decides to keep the child, low cost child care

All of this is opposed by social conservatives whose only answer is abstinance

Please explain why the teen pregnancy rate keeps going up despite the fact that schools today hand out birth control, and sex education is mandatory. Could it possibly be because the teens, being teens, don't pay any more attention to the sex ed than they do to the math?

The problem with liberals is they think just because the idea makes sense is it will work. They then blindly stick to their beliefs no matter the evidence that amounts to prove them wrong. That is probably because they are, like conservatives, only human, and just as likely to be hide bound and unwilling to admit they are wrong.

Could be...

What is your proposed alternative? Prohibit birth control to teens? Keep them in the dark about sex and hope they don't figure it out?
The reason the teen pregnancy rate keeps going up is that teens like to fuck. For some reason, they enjoy it. The negative social scandle of a teen getting pregnant is no longer there. The family is no longer humiliated if their daughter gets pregnant....ask Sarah Palin

Immie

Not to mention that abstinence is the only method of birth control that is 100% effective. People making jokes about just shows they are after something else than truth.

Actually in today's America It is Abstinence and Abortion are the only 2 sure means of Birth Control. Disgusting but true.

Immie

But I was a socially awkward, geeky kid with thick glasses who couldn't get laid if he wanted to. Now, if some cheerleader was draping herself over me....I don't know how long my abstenence strategy would have lasted

You are right. I finally found a wonderful woman who accepted my geekiness, poor choice in fashion and inability to maintain an interesting conversation. We have been married now for almost 30 years and she still puts up with me

Last edited:
If you are concerned about the number of abortions in America you should support reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies. This is done by making sure kids are educated and birth control is readily available and used.
Once a woman gets pregnant you have to ensure she has other options other than abortion. Free and lowcost pre-natal care, help with adoption or assistance with birth costs. If she decides to keep the child, low cost child care

Please explain why the teen pregnancy rate keeps going up despite the fact that schools today hand out birth control, and sex education is mandatory. Could it possibly be because the teens, being teens, don't pay any more attention to the sex ed than they do to the math?

The problem with liberals is they think just because the idea makes sense is it will work. They then blindly stick to their beliefs no matter the evidence that amounts to prove them wrong. That is probably because they are, like conservatives, only human, and just as likely to be hide bound and unwilling to admit they are wrong.

Could be...

What is your proposed alternative? Prohibit birth control to teens? Keep them in the dark about sex and hope they don't figure it out?
The reason the teen pregnancy rate keeps going up is that teens like to fuck. For some reason, they enjoy it. The negative social scandle of a teen getting pregnant is no longer there. The family is no longer humiliated if their daughter gets pregnant....ask Sarah Palin

Where did I say anything like that? All I am doing is pointing out that all the things you claim work have already failed. If something doesn't work insisting it will if we do it more makes no sense. the truth is that teens are teens, and they will explore sex. That is something everyone has to accept. We also have to accept that all the advice in the world is not going to stop teens from making stupid choices.

What it really comes down to is who is responsible when the shit hits the fan. Why do you think it should be the government?

Immie

Actually in today's America It is Abstinence and Abortion are the only 2 sure means of Birth Control. Disgusting but true.

There are other effective means of birth control..

- Poor hygiene
- an anoying laugh
- no teeth
- a nasty comb over
- Crocks
- Back Hair

The list is endless

Immie

It is sad, and abortion should not be a birth control method, despite all the eugenicists who argue for it.

You are right. I finally found a wonderful woman who accepted my geekiness, poor choice in fashion and inability to maintain an interesting conversation. We hae been married now for almost 30 years and she still puts up with me

Good for her, and you.

Could be...

Why? What happened to it? And who led the charge to get rid of it?

Could be...

I blame Palin

If you look at who people vote for and what those people do?

NOBODY really wants smaller government.

What they really want is a big government of their own design.

And if one can do that without taxing anybody, better still.

I have the formula for THAT government, incidently, but since none of you think TARIFFS are a good idea, ya'll are stuck with BIG EXPENSIVE government.

Just like the Republicans and Democrats have been giving you for the last 100 years.

Stupid partisans.

Last edited:
Could be...

I blame Palin

Guess I should have known better than to expect an honest answer from you.

I blame Palin

RW is OK. He likes to be sarcastic at times, but he means well.

He and a few others like to throw the Tea Partyers and Palin into the mix as often as they can.

I personally think it is a sign of weakness on their part. Fear perhaps? Afterall, it is not rocket science to know that most disparage those they fear.

I blame Palin

He and a few others like to throw the Tea Partyers and Palin into the mix as often as they can.

I personally think it is a sign of weakness on their part. Fear perhaps? Afterall, it is not rocket science to know that most disparage those they fear.

Well, that's pretty much why I typically avoid getting into any discussion with them, they can't discuss anything honestly. Every once in a while you may get somewhere, but most of the time the effort is futile.

Well, that's pretty much why I typically avoid getting into any discussion with them, they can't discuss anything honestly. Every once in a while you may get somewhere, but most of the time the effort is futile.

there is a lot of intentional misconstruing of what people say on this board.
Then the debate turns to what was meant and what was not meant.
And nothing is gained......
I am starting to find it a waste of time.
I am finding many on here like to use name calling as the best debating tool.

But.........whatever.

In the meantime, I am personally concerned about what I am starting to see in real life. A complete change in the way peopole feel about rersponsibility. People are starting to look for "who to blame" and not look for solutions. I used to see that in some people. Now I am seeing it in many more people.

It is a problem and I fear it is getting worse.

Sure, those on the left may say "we SHOULD look for who to blame"....Not me. I prefer to find solutions and then prepare myself so I can avoid the problem next time. I personally dont give a crap whoi's fault it is. Becuase next time, it may be the actions of someone else. I only care about putting in systems to avoid it next time.

But as I said earlier in this post.........whatever.

I blame Palin

Did you really expect an explanation of why single pregnancy is no longer taboo?
Dan Quayle blamed Murphy Brown

And Palin is a good example in this case of a supposedly model parent who still saw her teen daughter get pregnant. She still managed to run for Vice President showing it is no longer taboo

Is that good enough for you?

Last edited:
I blame Palin

Did you really expect an explanation of why single pregnancy is no longer taboo?
Dan Quayle blamed Murphy Brown

And Palin is a good example in this case of a supposedly model parent who still saw her teen daughter get pregnant. She still managed to run for Vice President showing it is no longer taboo

Is that good enough for you?

It started long before Palin and her daughter came along, so give me a break. And I understand why you don't want to discuss it, it would require a hard look at things you'd rather ignore.

there is a lot of intentional misconstruing of what people say on this board.
Then the debate turns to what was meant and what was not meant.
And nothing is gained......
I am starting to find it a waste of time.
I am finding many on here like to use name calling as the best debating tool.

But.........whatever.

In the meantime, I am personally concerned about what I am starting to see in real life. A complete change in the way peopole feel about rersponsibility. People are starting to look for "who to blame" and not look for solutions. I used to see that in some people. Now I am seeing it in many more people.

It is a problem and I fear it is getting worse.

Sure, those on the left may say "we SHOULD look for who to blame"....Not me. I prefer to find solutions and then prepare myself so I can avoid the problem next time. I personally dont give a crap whoi's fault it is. Becuase next time, it may be the actions of someone else. I only care about putting in systems to avoid it next time.

But as I said earlier in this post.........whatever.

I agree with you 100% on that one, it's so much easier to pass the buck and place the blame elsewhere instead of taking responsibility for a solution. And when you see our leaders in government doing that very thing, you know it has become a problem and intrisic to the society they govern as a whole. I'm not sure what can be done about it though, it's like everything else today, nobody is willing to listen until the consequences can't be ignored any longer. I think that day is rapidly approaching.

Could be...

I think the pro-life movement should take some credit for that. They encourage women to carry their pregnancies to term.

I see it as a positive sign.

Back in the days when abortion was illegal getting pregnant out of wedlock was a fate worse than death.

Now women have more choices and they increasingly choose to continue their pregnancies. Single parenthood doesn't have the stigma it once did.

Forum List

Back