The Conservative Contradiction

If you are concerned about the number of abortions in America you should support reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies. This is done by making sure kids are educated and birth control is readily available and used.
Once a woman gets pregnant you have to ensure she has other options other than abortion. Free and lowcost pre-natal care, help with adoption or assistance with birth costs. If she decides to keep the child, low cost child care

All of this is opposed by social conservatives whose only answer is abstinance

Interesting...

Is the best solution to unwanted pregnancies making it easier to rid oneself of the baby? Or make it easier to financially deal with the child?

Or perhaps educating the PARENTS on how to teach theior kids about sex?

Sure, you prefer allowing a thrid party to educate a kid; but have no interest in the solution being programs to educate the parent so the parent can speak to their children when the parent believes their children are ready.

Whatever.

Does it make a difference who educates the kid? As long as they get educated. Nothing stops a parent from also educating their children on sex and birth control. Nothing stops a parent from making sure their children have access to birth control if they are sexually active.......but for some reason..they don't

Yes it does... and we notice that you have avoided the dismantling I have done to your little bullshit misdirection attempts

Jarhead,

Thank you for he logical, reasoned post. Such is rare on this Message Board.

If you are concerned about the number of abortions in America you should support reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies. This is done by making sure kids are educated and birth control is readily available and used.
Once a woman gets pregnant you have to ensure she has other options other than abortion. Free and lowcost pre-natal care, help with adoption or assistance with birth costs. If she decides to keep the child, low cost child care

Interesting...

Is the best solution to unwanted pregnancies making it easier to rid oneself of the baby? Or make it easier to financially deal with the child?

Sure, you prefer allowing a thrid party to educate a kid; but have no interest in the solution being programs to educate the parent so the parent can speak to their children when the parent believes their children are ready.

Whatever.

Does it make a difference who educates the kid? As long as they get educated. Nothing stops a parent from also educating their children on sex and birth control. Nothing stops a parent from making sure their children have access to birth control if they are sexually active.......but for some reason..they don't

From a conservative standpoint....yes, it makes a differecne. We see sex in more of a personal light and not something we are comfortable having a third party introduce to our children. If others feel differently, then feel free to have a third party teach it to your children. We are not asking you to change how you think on this topic and we are asking you not to change the way we think on this topic.

But for some reason, the only viable solution to the progressve movement is EVERYONE having to think as they do on the topic.

As for the parents.....maybe seminars for the PARENTS is what our schools should consider?

Who is it that opposes sex education being taught in schools?
Other than abstinance, who opposes children being taught about birth control?
Who decries "welfare" when single women get pregnant

Then who complains about the number of abortions we have in this country?

Consrvatives oppose sex education to young children. We believe that our children should be intorduced to sex education by the parent. Usually, that takes place somewhere around 10-13 years old. For some teacher to inrtroduce them to it at 7 years old in putting the parents in a position to "rush" it.

We are fine with birth control education...again, at the right age.

We do not believe that we should pay for abortions as we personally believe it is murder. We are OK with others NOT seeing it as murder, but we ask them to understand that we DO see it as murder....so we say "do as you wish as this is AMerica, but do not make us pay fopr your actions".

And we should ALL complain about the number of abortions in America. It is murder to some and DANGEROUS to all. There is nothing good about getting pregnant when you dont want to be and nothing good about aborting the baby.

Bologna

Immie

Interesting...

Whatever.

Yes it does... and we notice that you have avoided the dismantling I have done to your little bullshit misdirection attempts

You have yet to disprove a single thing I have posted...I am still waiting for something other than a personal attack

Conservative Contradiction

We oppose abortion but we also oppose sex education, birth control and programs that help unwed mothers

Not all conservatives.

Immie

I oppose abortion so I will not personally abort a child nor would I agree with my wife if she wanted to abort a child. But I would not try to stop her as it is her life and she has the right to live her life as she pleases...and I will NEVER vote for abortions to be ILLEGAL as I do not believe I have the right to INSIST that others live their lives the way I choose to live mine.

Same holds true for same sex marriage. I am not for it, but I would ALWAYS vote in favor of it.

I will ALWAYS vote in favor of a law that allows people to live their lives as they choose to live them.

However, I will NEVER vote for a law that would force ME to pay for what they wish to do with their lives.

Just as I do not ask them to pay for what I choose to do with mine.

Consrvatives oppose sex education to young children. We believe that our children should be intorduced to sex education by the parent. Usually, that takes place somewhere around 10-13 years old. For some teacher to inrtroduce them to it at 7 years old in putting the parents in a position to "rush" it.

We are fine with birth control education...again, at the right age.

We do not believe that we should pay for abortions as we personally believe it is murder. We are OK with others NOT seeing it as murder, but we ask them to understand that we DO see it as murder....so we say "do as you wish as this is AMerica, but do not make us pay fopr your actions".

And we should ALL complain about the number of abortions in America. It is murder to some and DANGEROUS to all. There is nothing good about getting pregnant when you dont want to be and nothing good about aborting the baby.

Bologna

Immie

There are some abstinence only proponents on the right.

Interesting...

Whatever.

From a conservative standpoint....yes, it makes a differecne. We see sex in more of a personal light and not something we are comfortable having a third party introduce to our children. If others feel differently, then feel free to have a third party teach it to your children. We are not asking you to change how you think on this topic and we are asking you not to change the way we think on this topic.

But for some reason, the only viable solution to the progressve movement is EVERYONE having to think as they do on the topic.

As for the parents.....maybe seminars for the PARENTS is what our schools should consider?

Oh...I understand now

Its kind of like how you don't want the schools to teach evolution

Interesting...

Whatever.

Absolutely it makes a difference.

When some on the left think it is okay to tell kids that it is okay to have sex at any age because everyone does it, there is a problem. Kids should be taught the consequences of sex and be completely informed rather than be told that abstinence doesn't work, so go ahead and have a blast (pun intended)... but use a condom as that will protect you from every problem associated with sex.

And if it takes a little bit of fear-mongering to keep a kid a virgin until he/she is ready for sex, then more power to the fear-monger!

Immie

Last edited:

You have yet to disprove a single thing I have posted...I am still waiting for something other than a personal attack

My posts have not attacked you. If they came acorss that way, I apologize for not articulating properly.

But the crux of my post to you was "why is the only solution having we, the people, care for the child or pay for the abortion?"

Why is the only solution having a third party intervene in the parental upbringing of their children?

Why cant we pay for proper adult education on how, when and what to teach our children as it pertains to sex and pregnancy?

Bologna

Immie

Some =/= all

Immie

Oh...I understand now

Its kind of like how you don't want the schools to teach evolution

Thats your response?

Really?

I am all for the cshools to teach evolution. It is one theory of the creation of man and likely the most credible theory.

But I do ask that it not be taught as a conflict to the religious beliefs of the children. It is one thing to say "this is the theroy of evolution"...it is another thing to say "the story of Adam and Eve is a farce....Evolution is FACT."

Bologna

Immie

And there ares some on the left that Believe Bush initiated the 9-11 attacks.

My posts have not attacked you. If they came acorss that way, I apologize for not articulating properly.

But the crux of my post to you was "why is the only solution having we, the people, care for the child or pay for the abortion?"

Why is the only solution having a third party intervene in the parental upbringing of their children?

Why cant we pay for proper adult education on how, when and what to teach our children as it pertains to sex and pregnancy?

An unwed mother must have options other than abortion

The best option is not to get pregnant at all. Learning how to deal with peer pressure, horny boyfriends amd waiting till you are ready are all good options. But so is making sure you have birth control if you are sexually active

Once a single woman finds herself to be pregnant she has to consider other options. How will I pay for the delivery? Can I give the child up? If I keep it, how will I support it? If all venues to keeping the baby are shut off...her only remaining option is abortion

An unwed mother must have options other than abortion

The best option is not to get pregnant at all. Learning how to deal with peer pressure, horny boyfriends amd waiting till you are ready are all good options. But so is making sure you have birth control if you are sexually active

Once a single woman finds herself to be pregnant she has to consider other options. How will I pay for the delivery? Can I give the child up? If I keep it, how will I support it? If all venues to keeping the baby are shut off...her only remaining option is abortion

Yep. And abortion is legal.

But the more comfortable we make them with having the child or aborting the child (via tax dollar entitlements), the more likely the consequences will no longer be considered as they consider un protected sex...or sex at all.

I say attack the problem at the core. Educate the parents.

No.. I have fully exposed your feeble attempts to concentrate and generalize a stance... and when the realities are pointed out TO you, you avoid and run away... I have shown you EXACTLY where your generalizations are indeed WRONG, and you have run away like a bitch when confronted with a more complete picture

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/126221-the-conservative-contradiction-6.html#post2550689

Last edited:
Abortion is simply the elimination of unwanted fetal tissue from the uterus. Capital punishment is the planned, cold blooded, murder of a person by the government. The two are in no way similar.

Abortion is simply the elimination of unwanted fetal tissue from the uterus. Capital punishment is the planned, cold blooded, murder of a person by the government. The two are in no way similar.

You are right that they are not similar... but that is about all you are right on

No... abortion is the elimination of a developing and completely innocent human life that has its own unique DNA signature

Capital punishment is the elimination of a guilty criminal who has wrongfully and illegally taken the life of another human being...

Now.. I can understand being against both (and I do not argue against those who are against both, even though I am personally pro death penalty)... but in no way can I see being for the elimination of an innocent developing human out of the sheer whim of the mother

Both are murder in my eyes.

One of an undeveloped child, the other of a socially underdeveloped adult. Both are wrong but both are necessary.

However, I do not believe I could ever be the one to levy a death sentence and I know I could never abort a child.

But that is who I am.

Forum List

Back