The Conservative Contradiction

Why? What happened to it? And who led the charge to get rid of it?

I think the pro-life movement should take some credit for that. They encourage women to carry their pregnancies to term.

I see it as a positive sign.

Back in the days when abortion was illegal getting pregnant out of wedlock was a fate worse than death.

Now women have more choices and they increasingly choose to continue their pregnancies. Single parenthood doesn't have the stigma it once did.

If it were that simple the teen pregnancy rate should have plummeted right after abortion was legalized.

Funny thing about facts, they don't support anyone's theories about teen pregnancies.

Hard to compare one era to another. I think teens today are more sexually active than they were 40 years ago. But teens are still teens and they think they are bulletproof..."It can't happen to me"
Did abortion laws make teens more promiscuous? I doubt and teen goes into sex saying "If I get pregnant...I can abort" What they do is think the rules of probability don't apply to them
What has really changed is movies, TV, the internet and peer pressure all saying sex is ok. There is also little stigma with a teen pregnancy...some use it as a way to draw attention to themselves

I have always found it interesting that the Republicans who pride themselves on their patriotism harbor such deep seated hatred for their government.

Government is the antithesis to freedom.

One reason governments are formed are to defend freedom, life, and property from aggressors.

That's why we have police. To declare that 'government is the antithesis to freedom [sic]' presents a fallacious premise and makes me question your intellect and character.

Abortion is killing of an innocent life.

No, it's not. All children bear the stain of sin from the very beginning, by virtue of original sin and the passing of sin through the male line.

That's why Jesus couldn't be born of an Earthly father, lest he be born with the stain of sin, being unable to pay the price for our salvation and corrupted the 'perfect' [albeit homicidal, paranoid, and misogynistic] LORD

Contradiction

Oppose Abortion but support the Death Penalty

Oppose Big Government getting involved in your personal choices but oppose Gay Marriage

My favorite contradiction is the ardent Tenth Amendment-ers who're all for across-state lines health insurance purchasing and national tort reform, both of which are assertions of federal dominance over state law.

Has the tenth amendmnt been amended?
No, but it was overturned by SCOTUS in 1869

The government should not legally distinguish between a married and an unmarried citizen.

If two people (any two people) decide to enter into a contract of marriage, it is none of the government's business.

If the Government wants to change all the tax codes, survivor benefits and Social Security so it does not recognize spouses....I would agree with you

The easy answer to that is to let people own their own Social Security money as individual retirement accounts so they can leave the money to whom they choose.

You mistakenly believe that SS is about caring for the poor.

The brilliance of SS is that it effectively doubles the working man's taxes and the working class will never be smart enough to end the practice because they are blissfully ignorant of the facts of the matter.

Killing innocent men, women, and children does not warrant a pension.

Serving in the military does not equal killing anyone

The purpose of the armed forces is to kill.

No sir.
The purpose of the United States armed forces is to defend.
If one wishes to be offensive, then they risk the by-product of our armed forces defense....death.

GWB and our congress misused the armed forces in regard to Iraq.

Contradiction

Oppose Big Government getting involved in your personal choices but oppose Gay Marriage

The first isn't a contradiction and the true contradiction in the latter is having the State involved in marriage in the first place

It is a contradiction in where you support all human life on one hand but are willing to legally take it in the other

Abortion is killing of an innocent life.

No, it's not. All children bear the stain of sin from the very beginning, by virtue of original sin and the passing of sin through the male line.

That's why Jesus couldn't be born of an Earthly father, lest he be born with the stain of sin, being unable to pay the price for our salvation and corrupted the 'perfect' [albeit homicidal, paranoid, and misogynistic] LORD

Look at that one...the original sin defense

Never seen that one tried before

The purpose of the United States armed forces is to defend.

By invading a nation that never attacked us?

By invading a nation that wanted to break it's colonial rule?

By invading Central American countries that had resources American businesses could use to make money?

By invading a third-world nation that was embroiled in civil war?

How was Haiti a threat?

How was the war between the croats and serbs a threat to us?

Contradiction

The first isn't a contradiction and the true contradiction in the latter is having the State involved in marriage in the first place

It is a contradiction in where you support all human life on one hand but are willing to legally take it in the other

Who said they support all human life? They never claimed that- they said outright they support the death penalty for the worst criminals.

So, you see, the 'contradiction' ceases to exist when you stop lying about what they've said.

Lies. Where do you see 'conservatives' who oppose legitimate sex education or birth control programs for unwed mothers? Where do you people come up with this shit?

Its the best they got. They cant criticize the true conservative thought process...so they deem it best to exaggerrate it and criticize that instead.

What is 'the true conservative thought process"?
Prayer and circular reasoning, mostly

I oppose abortion so I will not personally abort a child nor would I agree with my wife if she wanted to abort a child. But I would not try to stop her as it is her life and she has the right to live her life as she pleases...

It's not just her life at stake. Abortion is, by definition, the ending of a child's life.

I will ALWAYS vote in favor of a law that allows people to live their lives as they choose to live them.

So if I wanted to kill you and run around town naked?
However, I will NEVER vote for a law that would force ME to pay for what they wish to do with their lives.

So you'd release every prisoner, kill them all, or force prisons to be self-reliant?

Forum List

Back