The Confederate Flag

It's also used by white racists to announce the fact that they're white racists, which they have every right to do.

in addition to being onion paper thin, that black skin endows its owner with the ability to read white people's minds and be correct 100% of the time meaning that white people should give black people everything they want

No we just want you to stop trying to put roadblocks in the way by causing racial animosity. We know you are panicky regarding competition on an even playing field. Dont be afraid. It wont be like the NBA. Just like every Black person is not good at basketball, some of us are not good at being the fry cook at McDonalds. You wont lose your job.

You're the one causing racial animosity, ya POS.

For the past 20 years, the Republican party has done nothing but repeatedly shoot itself in the foot trying to appease people like you. They should learn to just forget about people like you because you're a racist piece of shit who will never change his stripes. People should be constantly reminded it was the Republican party who ended slavery, it was the Republican party who supported Civil Rights, and it has been the Republican party who has enabled black entrepreneurs to succeed and thrive in business the past 50 years instead of relegating them to a dependent class. They've never stood for slavery, segregation or racism. They don't divide people up into groups, stereotype them, and pit them against each other. That's what YOU do, that's what the DEMOCRATS do!
Do you believe that the words "Republican" and "Conservative" are interchangeable or do they, and have they historically, meant the exact same thing?

Do your beliefs extend to the words "Liberal " and "Democrat" as well?

For the past 20 years, the Republican party has done nothing but repeatedly shoot itself in the foot trying to appease people like you. They should learn to just forget about people like you because you're a racist piece of shit who will never change his stripes. People should be constantly reminded it was the Republican party who ended slavery, it was the Republican party who supported Civil Rights, and it has been the Republican party who has enabled black entrepreneurs to succeed and thrive in business the past 50 years instead of relegating them to a dependent class. They've never stood for slavery, segregation or racism. They don't divide people up into groups, stereotype them, and pit them against each other. That's what YOU do, that's what the DEMOCRATS do!
Do you believe that the words "Republican" and "Conservative" are interchangeable or do they, and have they historically, meant the exact same thing?

I do not believe republican and conservative, or liberal and democrat, are interchangeable. Nor do any of the terms remain historically constant. I also don't believe in stereotypes. All conservatives don't have the exact same views, all liberals don't have the same views. One man waving a Confederate flag may not have the same intent as another. I think it is important to remain objective about these things as opposed to applying a stereotype and assuming intentions of others.

I do not believe republican and conservative, or liberal and democrat, are interchangeable. Nor do any of the terms remain historically constant. I also don't believe in stereotypes. All conservatives don't have the exact same views, all liberals don't have the same views. One man waving a Confederate flag may not have the same intent as another. I think it is important to remain objective about these things as opposed to applying a stereotype and assuming intentions of others.
Do you believe that anyone other than a Conservative would fly a Confederate flag? Do you think there are Confederate flags flying around Ivy League campuses? Do you believe that there are Confederate flags flown around corporate headquarters? Do you believe that you could find a Confederate flag flown at Northern churches?

Do you believe that people actually perceive the Confederate flag as noble? The actual perception of that flag is either that of a lost cause or explicit racism. And that cause is the most despicable cause ever fought for in this hemisphere. The 'right' to enslave, to buy and sell a human being as a commodity, to abuse, kill and destroy family structures among a repressed population. Where's the nobility there?

The Stars and Bars. The American swastika.

It's also used by white racists to announce the fact that they're white racists, which they have every right to do.

in addition to being onion paper thin, that black skin endows its owner with the ability to read white people's minds and be correct 100% of the time meaning that white people should give black people everything they want

No we just want you to stop trying to put roadblocks in the way by causing racial animosity. We know you are panicky regarding competition on an even playing field. Dont be afraid. It wont be like the NBA. Just like every Black person is not good at basketball, some of us are not good at being the fry cook at McDonalds. You wont lose your job.

the only roadblock is your low IQ

Do you believe that anyone other than a Conservative would fly a Confederate flag? Do you think there are Confederate flags flying around Ivy League campuses? Do you believe that there are Confederate flags flown around corporate headquarters? Do you believe that you could find a Confederate flag flown at Northern churches?

Do you believe that people actually perceive the Confederate flag as noble? The actual perception of that flag is either that of a lost cause or explicit racism. And that cause is the most despicable cause ever fought for in this hemisphere. The 'right' to enslave, to buy and sell a human being as a commodity, to abuse, kill and destroy family structures among a repressed population. Where's the nobility there?

look the other way if you don't like it

That's what racists, authoritarians, bigots, hate mongers and losers have always said. "Don't look for justice here. We're going to do whatever will can to prevent that. Just look away."

And the lack of nobility passes right along.

That's what racists, authoritarians, bigots, hate mongers and losers have always said. "Don't look for justice here. We're going to do whatever will can to prevent that. Just look away."

how is displaying the confederate flag denying anyone their civil rights?

how is displaying the confederate flag denying anyone their civil rights?
It depends on context. If a Statehouse had that flag atop the dome of the capitol, it's most definitely intimidation. That symbol shows everyone that there is no room for justice for anyone who is not White.

If it's just at your trailer park, it shows everyone that racists live here, be on your guard.

I don't think con/lib has anything to do with who would or wouldn't fly a Confederate flag. Living in the South, I know people who are very proud of their heritage, who fly the Confederate flag but are very much liberal in their political views. I wouldn't expect to see a symbol of southern heritage flying over an Ivy League school or Northern church, or any kind of school or church for that matter. Or over corporate headquarters, unless it's the corporate headquarters of the company who makes confederate flags.

People can 'perceive' anything they please in any flag or symbol. We don't ban things based on perceptions, especially when they are false. You remain factually inaccurate with regard to the reason for the CSA. They were not fighting for the right to enslave people, that was already an established right, protected by the US Constitution and upheld by US Courts. It was the United States of America who determined slaves were property, not the CSA. Whether that was "noble" or not is beside the point, that is the truth.

Again, what you want to try and do with this argument is fast-forward to a time AFTER the war, to a time AFTER we passed the 13th and 14th Amendments and freed the slaves and even AFTER the 1964 Civil Rights Act that gave black people equality under the law. Then you want to run back to 1861 and apply these standards to the South, as if this was the common understanding and law of the land when it wasn't. In addition, you want to apply a stereotype to those who fly the Confederate flag, as if it can only imply one thing.

I also would like to correct another misconception. Here is the "Stars and Bars" flag:
us-csa7.gif

The flag in dispute is not this flag. It is the Confederate battle flag. Over 100,000 Southern Americans died in war under that flag. Many from the South have relatives who were among those people, and I would say that the overwhelming majority of them were not slave owners and didn't even know anyone who owned slaves. They were simply young men fighting for their homeland and independence from a Federal government that was actively attempting to violate it's own Constitution. Was THAT noble? I think it was.

It depends on context. If a Statehouse had that flag atop the dome of the capitol, it's most definitely intimidation. That symbol shows everyone that there is no room for justice for anyone who is not White.

If it's just at your trailer park, it shows everyone that racists live here, be on your guard.

Nonsense. This is simply applying YOUR perception of the symbol without regard for the opinions and perceptions of anyone else. This is called BIGOTRY.

Boss: Over 100,000 Southern Americans died in war under that flag. Many from the South have relatives who were among those people, and I would say that the overwhelming majority of them were not slave owners and didn't even know anyone who owned slaves. They were simply young men fighting for their homeland and independence from a Federal government that was actively attempting to violate it's own Constitution.

tumblr_lov7x8WF561qizl0so1_500.gif

Last edited:

I don't think con/lib has anything to do with who would or wouldn't fly a Confederate flag. Living in the South, I know people who are very proud of their heritage, who fly the Confederate flag but are very much liberal in their political views. I wouldn't expect to see a symbol of southern heritage flying over an Ivy League school or Northern church, or any kind of school or church for that matter. Or over corporate headquarters, unless it's the corporate headquarters of the company who makes confederate flags.

People can 'perceive' anything they please in any flag or symbol. We don't ban things based on perceptions, especially when they are false. You remain factually inaccurate with regard to the reason for the CSA. They were not fighting for the right to enslave people, that was already an established right, protected by the US Constitution and upheld by US Courts. It was the United States of America who determined slaves were property, not the CSA. Whether that was "noble" or not is beside the point, that is the truth.

Again, what you want to try and do with this argument is fast-forward to a time AFTER the war, to a time AFTER we passed the 13th and 14th Amendments and freed the slaves and even AFTER the 1964 Civil Rights Act that gave black people equality under the law. Then you want to run back to 1861 and apply these standards to the South, as if this was the common understanding and law of the land when it wasn't. In addition, you want to apply a stereotype to those who fly the Confederate flag, as if it can only imply one thing.

I also would like to correct another misconception. Here is the "Stars and Bars" flag:
us-csa7.gif

The flag in dispute is not this flag. It is the Confederate battle flag. Over 100,000 Southern Americans died in war under that flag. Many from the South have relatives who were among those people, and I would say that the overwhelming majority of them were not slave owners and didn't even know anyone who owned slaves. They were simply young men fighting for their homeland and independence from a Federal government that was actively attempting to violate it's own Constitution. Was THAT noble? I think it was.
I don't want to ban the flag. The flag is still a means of speech. But the exercise of that speech has revealed more about the speaker than the flag. When has the Confederate battle flag ever represented something other than racism or treason against the federal government? When has the Confederate battle flag ever been a symbol of universal justice and freedom?

us-csa7.gif

I don't want to ban the flag. The flag is still a means of speech. But the exercise of that speech has revealed more about the speaker than the flag. When has the Confederate battle flag ever represented something other than racism or treason against the federal government? When has the Confederate battle flag ever been a symbol of universal justice and freedom?

Do you think the American Flag is a symbol of universal justice and freedom to the people being shit on by this country?

Maybe your opinion of the Confederate Flag is likewise skewed by your personal perspective, no?

Last edited:

us-csa7.gif

Do you think the American Flag is a symbol of universal justice and freedom to the people being shit on by this country?

Maybe your opinion of the Confederate Flag is likewise skewed by your personal perspective, no?
I know that the American flag was used by those who fought to rid the world of tyrannical Fascism. And the Confederate flag was used by those who wanted to preserve and extend slavery. I know that the American flag is a welcome sight on the containers of food, medicine and water whenever those necessities are desperately needed by the poorest in areas devastated by disaster. And the Confederate flag has been flown as a symbol of bigotry and hate and repression.

If my personal perception of the Confederate flag was unique to me and me alone, I would rethink my position. But you and I and every other honest citizen understands that my perception is shared throughout this nation, even in the south.

us-csa7.gif

Declaring independence is not treason, if it is, then George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are traitors. Racism was nearly universal among the white population of 1861. With the rare exception of a few Quaker ministers, no one in America believed black slaves were equal to white people. The issue of slavery was not about racism. Southerners didn't object to abolition because they were racists, it was because they had an economic investment in "property" as deemed by the United States Supreme Court. Was the SCOTUS racist by today's standards? Of course they were, as were every member of Congress, every politician seeking political office, every president up to and including Lincoln, and about 99.5% of the white population of the United States. Is that unfortanate? Sure, but it doesn't help for us to scapegoat the South and pretend something else was reality.

If my personal perception of the Confederate flag was unique to me and me alone, I would rethink my position. But you and I and every other honest citizen understands that my perception is shared throughout this nation, even in the south.

And here is the biggest problem I have with that.... Had you been around in 1861, this philosophy would have led you to believe that black slaves should never be allowed to roam free among the white community. That WAS the common perception of the time, even among those who supported abolition.

For example, Lincoln's 'solution' to the social intermingling was to send the slaves off to some other land to live. Whether it was back to Africa, to Haiti or Central America, the idea was to get them to hell out of here so we don't have to deal with them. Does that sound like a modern understanding of equality to you? Does that sound like granting blacks the same Constitutional rights as whites?

The historic first time black people were ever invited to the White House happened under Lincoln. Do you know why? How about go looking that up and read up on what it was for? He invited prominent black leaders and ministers to the White House, did not allow them to speak, and basically told them that he wanted them to lead their people in this idea of repatriation to land the US had purchased in Central America. Over 100 freed slaves were actually sent there to colonize, they died from disease and hunger. The Great Emancipator did this.

And here is the biggest problem I have with that.... Had you been around in 1861, this philosophy would have led you to believe that black slaves should never be allowed to roam free among the white community. That WAS the common perception of the time, even among those who supported abolition.

For example, Lincoln's 'solution' to the social intermingling was to send the slaves off to some other land to live. Whether it was back to Africa, to Haiti or Central America, the idea was to get them to hell out of here so we don't have to deal with them. Does that sound like a modern understanding of equality to you? Does that sound like granting blacks the same Constitutional rights as whites?

The historic first time black people were ever invited to the White House happened under Lincoln. Do you know why? How about go looking that up and read up on what it was for? He invited prominent black leaders and ministers to the White House, did not allow them to speak, and basically told them that he wanted them to lead their people in this idea of repatriation to land the US had purchased in Central America. Over 100 freed slaves were actually sent there to colonize, they died from disease and hunger. The Great Emancipator did this.
What purpose does it make to pick at those cultural scabs? Does flying the Confederate battle flag in contemporary America serve to unite, to inspire, to rally? The perception of that flag is what it is. All the rationalizations, equivocations, excuses and obtuse history won't change that perception one iota.

The purpose of a flag is to inspire, to act as a benchmark, of national identity. The legacy of that flag on the battlefield and in the post war century has been one of division, treason and bigotry.

Go ahead and fly that flag. Don't expect everyone who sees it to consider Lincoln's ideas of racial separation as an excuse to admire it.

I know that the American flag was used by those who fought to rid the world of tyrannical Fascism. And the Confederate flag was used by those who wanted to preserve and extend slavery. I know that the American flag is a welcome sight on the containers of food, medicine and water whenever those necessities are desperately needed by the poorest in areas devastated by disaster. And the Confederate flag has been flown as a symbol of bigotry and hate and repression.

Bullshit lies of an authoritarian tyrant. You claim to have superiority over those who fought for freedom in the south by your "majority" alone. You're a bigot and a tyrant. Oh look at me I'm in the majority therefore my opinion is superior to yours. You are a classic example of why we split from the English Tyrants. Those who love liberty fly the confederate flag as a reminder why we hate federalist tyrants like you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back