The Coming Medical Ethics Crisis

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Good article that hits the nail on the head. This is what will happen if Obamacare is not repealed. It's already happened with Medicare.

For centuries, my predecessors and I have been inculcated with what has come to be called the “Hippocratic Ethic.” This tradition holds that I am ethically required to use the best of my knowledge to recommend to my patient what I consider to be in my patient’s best interests—without regard to the interests of the third-party payer, or the government, or anyone else.

But gradually the medical profession has been forced to give up this approach for what I like to call a “veterinary ethic,” one that places the interests of the payer (or owner) ahead of the patient. For example, when a pet owner is told by a veterinarian that the pet has a very serious medical condition requiring extremely costly surgery or other therapy, the veterinarian presents the pet’s owner with one or more options—from attempt at cure, to palliation, to euthanasia—with the associated costs, and then follows the wishes of the owner.

Our new "owner" will be government. Obamacare effectly takes the choice away from the doctor and patient and hands all decision making responsibility to government bureaucrats.

The health care bill also mandates that college-age women will be offered sterilization, a permanent method to control population. One of Obama's czars, the science czar I think, has long believed that government should have the right to sterilize the population and he wants to put sterilization agents in public drinking water. This whole health care bill, aside from transferring power from the people to government, is nothing more than a population control bill.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/03/15/the-coming-medical-ethics-crisis

Last edited:
Good article that hits the nail on the head. This is what will happen if Obamacare is not repealed. It's already happened with Medicare.

For centuries, my predecessors and I have been inculcated with what has come to be called the “Hippocratic Ethic.” This tradition holds that I am ethically required to use the best of my knowledge to recommend to my patient what I consider to be in my patient’s best interests—without regard to the interests of the third-party payer, or the government, or anyone else.

But gradually the medical profession has been forced to give up this approach for what I like to call a “veterinary ethic,” one that places the interests of the payer (or owner) ahead of the patient. For example, when a pet owner is told by a veterinarian that the pet has a very serious medical condition requiring extremely costly surgery or other therapy, the veterinarian presents the pet’s owner with one or more options—from attempt at cure, to palliation, to euthanasia—with the associated costs, and then follows the wishes of the owner.

Our new "owner" will be government. Obamacare effectly takes the choice away from the doctor and patient and hands all decision making responsibility to government bureaucrats.

The health care bill also mandates that college-age women will be offered sterilization, a permanent method to control population. One of Obama's czars, the science czar I think, has long believed that government should have the right to sterilize the population and he wants to put sterilization agents in public drinking water. This whole health care bill, aside from transferring power from the people to government, is nothing more than a population control bill.

Mother Speaks Out on Proposal to Ban English-Only Classes at California Elementary School | Fox News Insider

Yes, which is why EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET PAYS LESS THAN HALF we do for medical care and is SCRAMBLING to get rid of their SOCIALIZED medicine SCHEME and adopt our GREAT system.

Mother Speaks Out on Proposal to Ban English-Only Classes at California Elementary School | Fox News Insider

Yes, which is why EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET PAYS LESS THAN HALF we do for medical care and is SCRAMBLING to get rid of their SOCIALIZED medicine SCHEME and adopt our GREAT system.

Actually, Canada was talking about going back to private insurance companies because they are running out of money. There are waiting lists there for things like MRIs.

It's already been discovered that less people will be covered now than before. The argument put forth by Obama was that there were 12 million uninsured (and we have an estimated 20 million illegal aliens in this country). Now they've determined that 30 million will be uninsured, so seems we are going backwards and the cost will be far greater than estimated. Many of us will pay a hell of a lot more for a hell of a lot less.

Government will dictate treatment, not doctors, and that is plain wrong.

Forum List

Back