The climate witch trials

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
Normally I don't post excerpts from exceedingly long articles to summarize a point.

But, in this particular case?

It's well justified - because it's true.

In the past, witches, likely including those who were accused of raising ‘hurtfull weather’, were sometimes fitted with a ‘scold’s bridle’ – a metal contraption that enclosed the head and which contained a muzzle that fitted into the mouth with a spike that would compress the witch’s ‘vicious tongue’. Now, being more modern, we prefer to propose mere criminal sanctions against those who possess a ‘deceitful tongue’.

Paul Krugman of the New York Times describes climate-change denial as ‘a form of treason – treason against the planet’. The Kennedy Institute of Ethics at Georgetown University openly ponders whether climate-change denial should be criminalised. Yes, ‘free speech is one of the most treasured rights in Western democracy’, it says in its discussion of a Norwegian professor’s suggestion that climate-change denial is a crime, but sometimes we make ‘exceptions for points of view which [may be regarded] as particularly destructive and evil’.

Evil. What a telling word. As clear a confirmation as one could ask for that the discussion of climate change has been hyper-moralised, turned from a practical matter of how to improve our environment into a crusade against the malevolent forces whose deceitful tongues and activities allegedly wreak havoc upon the weather.

Climate change, the idea that humankind is having a negative impact on the planet, and what’s more that there will be an extinction-level event if we do not radically change our behaviour, has become one of the most feverishly guarded orthodoxies of our age. You query it at your peril. It is one of the few beliefs for which an entire new grammar of censorship has been created to protect it from interrogation.

Once again, we encounter the Orwellian instincts of the new elites, where they seek to change language as a means of reshaping thought.

The Left is now the religious vote.

The Left is now the Moral Majority.

And climate theology is quite profitable these days.

Normally I don't post excerpts from exceedingly long articles to summarize a point.

Genocide is the Final Solution to the Climate Problem

They're led by a drooling fucktard.... so predictable....

7t52o7.jpg

Denying climate change as a crime? What kind of mentality supports this? Have the climate change believers learned to stop falsifying data to support Climate Change?

While we are at it, how about we go back to criminalizing not believing in God?

Or, how about we respect disagreeing views and have civil debate?

If people want to deny the blindingly obvious they can do so as far as I'm concerned. If people want to legislate in furthering their denials of the blindingly obvious that's their right too. I will however try to vote them out of office.

That's my leftist view and unless you can show me any leftist politician let alone the majority or even all of them actually trying to criminalize dissent, what this is is just you putting up a strawman. By finding an article discussing what a random dude said and extrapolating until it encompasses the entire "left"

There is no question that average temperatures have been rising since the beginning of humans measuring temperatures. There is no question sea levels are rising since we begun measuring. There is no question CO2 levels are rising. There is a general concencus human activity is the cause. And the predicted consequences are being seen across the world.

If you, or anyone else wants to deny these things I can't stop you. But don't pretend both opinions are equal. Because they aren't. And don't expect me to not consider your opinion as stupid, and in the case of this opinion getting political clout as dangerously shortsighted, because it is.

Denying climate change as a crime? What kind of mentality supports this? Have the climate change believers learned to stop falsifying data to support Climate Change?

While we are at it, how about we go back to criminalizing not believing in God?

Or, how about we respect disagreeing views and have civil debate?
A debate implies both sides using reason to further their viewpoint. I however see very little reason within those denying climate change.

I have the VAST majority of climatologists, not to mention the MEASURABLE data one can look at. You have a vague claim that climate change believers falsify data.

Talk to any random old time smoke eater. Ask them about the fire season and how it has changed. Look at data from NASA, NOAA. Look at sea levels, average temperatures, CO2 levels over time. They are being measured.

A debate implies both sides using reason to further their viewpoint. I however see very little reason within those denying climate change.

I have the VAST majority of climatologists, not to mention the MEASURABLE data one can look at. You have a vague claim that climate change believers falsify data.

Talk to any random old time smoke eater. Ask them about the fire season and how it has changed. Look at data from NASA, NOAA. Look at sea levels, average temperatures, CO2 levels over time. They are being measured.

No, you have computer derived fiction. You have no measurable facts.

That's the point.

You rely on appeals to authority for you primary arguments and as any THINKING person knows, those are logic fails.

Anyone who relies on illogical thinking for their fundamental "argument" isn't interested in debate, or even learning about the subject.

Period.

No, you have computer derived fiction. You have no measurable facts.

That's the point.

You rely on appeals to authority for you primary arguments and as any THINKING person knows, those are logic fails.

Anyone who relies on illogical thinking for their fundamental "argument" isn't interested in debate, or even learning about the subject.

Period.

These averages are achieved by thermometer huts placed around the globe were actual people do actual measurements. I don't need to appeal to any authority to see that the trends are up.

Unless of course you want to claim thermometers lie.

If people want to deny the blindingly obvious they can do so as far as I'm concerned. If people want to legislate in furthering their denials of the blindingly obvious that's their right too. I will however try to vote them out of office.

That's my leftist view and unless you can show me any leftist politician let alone the majority or even all of them actually trying to criminalize dissent, what this is is just you putting up a strawman. By finding an article discussing what a random dude said and extrapolating until it encompasses the entire "left"

There is no question that average temperatures have been rising since the beginning of humans measuring temperatures. There is no question sea levels are rising since we begun measuring. There is no question CO2 levels are rising. There is a general concencus human activity is the cause. And the predicted consequences are being seen across the world.

If you, or anyone else wants to deny these things I can't stop you. But don't pretend both opinions are equal. Because they aren't. And don't expect me to not consider your opinion as stupid, and in the case of this opinion getting political clout as dangerously shortsighted, because it is.

It was hotter in the 1930’s than today. What were the CO2 levels then as compared to now?

Look up Climate Change and East Anglia. Otherwise, it’s a worthy debate. You provided some valid sources. But, should one be punished for challenging it? That’s disturbing.

The vast majority? I have never seen the vast majority express their opinion that the support the idea the climate is changing and destroying the world and that it is man's fault.

How about posting something that proves they all agree?

These averages are achieved by thermometer huts placed around the globe were actual people do actual measurements. I don't need to appeal to any authority to see that the trends are up.

Unless of course you want to claim thermometers lie.

So what. CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION. That is a fundamental principle of science.

Something you anti science religious nut jobs flee from.

You already locked us down over your phony exaggerated COVID BS.

And mandated experimental genetic code altering "vaccines".

But we're supposed to believe locking us down because "THE CLIMATE!!!" is just too far fetched?

Nope.

You will never take us by surprise again.

We know the media brain washes you, and you will literally believe anything it tells you and obey any command they dictate.

The last three years have proven that beyond all doubt

We know you're unhinged, psychotic, and will take everyone else down with you - if given half the chance.

I could go on and on about how the climate modeling assumptions are all completely wrong, on how temperatures are no hotter this year than the last few, on how the Greenland Ice sheet is actually coming back, and a plethora of other debunking details; but we both know it would not matter one bit.

You people are a crazy cult, and the rest of us are going to vote you the fuck out.

And that's that.

Have a nice day.

How's that climate denial working out for people now?

Forum List

Back