The climate witch trials

I don't know what your cite was supposed to prove, but it doesn't even refer to the information we're discussing. Trenberth was talking from a scientific standpoint.
Trenberth's proposal to reverse the null hypothesis seems most potent in the context of a polemic designed to change the political balance in the climate change debate and further marginalize the ‘deniers’. As a polemic, the idea of reversing the null hypothesis is a strategy for scoring political points against skeptics. However, such strategies are likely to exacerbate skepticism and inflame the political debate, which can be counterproductive.

Second to last paragraph in the conclusion. And the reply wasn't directed at you.

I used the temperature data as it is reported. I don't need a scientist to explain to me that an average 1-degree celcius increase signals higher temperatures.
Like I said, most of that data is not satellite data. It's based on tree ring studies. And that line labelled "satellite data" is not an accurate representation of the data.

22_12_12_sl-chart-11-2020%20(1)%20(1).jpeg

Trenberth's proposal to reverse the null hypothesis seems most potent in the context of a polemic designed to change the political balance in the climate change debate and further marginalize the ‘deniers’. As a polemic, the idea of reversing the null hypothesis is a strategy for scoring political points against skeptics. However, such strategies are likely to exacerbate skepticism and inflame the political debate, which can be counterproductive.

Second to last paragraph in the conclusion. And the reply wasn't directed at you.
That isn't what climategate was about. this article was written a decade after the emails referred to by Climategate.

How's that climate denial working out for people now?
For all of us there are always shysters. And the more powerful ones can get more of a population in on their ruse. A fool and his money are soon parted. We slowed down real infrastructure improvements over the decades as one of many examples.

No, you have computer derived fiction. You have no measurable facts.

That's the point.

You rely on appeals to authority for you primary arguments and as any THINKING person knows, those are logic fails.

Anyone who relies on illogical thinking for their fundamental "argument" isn't interested in debate, or even learning about the subject.

Period.
'
Plus relying on scare tactics when weather acts up, or a heat wave happens.

There were hotter days in the 30s than today. Yes, the average is higher now. BTW, I am not necessarily arguing that the earth may be warming, but I am not convinced that it is caused by humans or even CO2. CO2 may be a component, though it may not be the only or primary component. There is a LOT of money to be made if made made CO2 is deemed to be the primary cause, just ask Al Gore. Money and politics talk and often usurp scientific curiosity.

Questions for you...Average CO2 has been on a continual upward trend. Have there been periods in recent history where average temperature has declined while CO2 has increased? If so, why? Assuming CO2 is the primary cause, does it make sense that deforestation to make room for large urban areas could cause an increase CO2? Could it even be the primary cause, as opposed to greenhouse emissions by the burning of fossil fuels? There isn't quite as much fervor for decreasing large urban areas, but then again, there also isn't as much money.

There were hotter days in the 30s than today. Yes, the average is higher now. BTW, I am not necessarily arguing that the earth may be warming, but I am not convinced that it is caused by humans or even CO2. CO2 may be a component, though it may not be the only or primary component. There is a LOT of money to be made if made made CO2 is deemed to be the primary cause, just ask Al Gore. Money and politics talk and often usurp scientific curiosity.

Questions for you...Average CO2 has been on a continual upward trend. Have there been periods in recent history where average temperature has declined while CO2 has increased? If so, why? Assuming CO2 is the primary cause, does it make sense that deforestation to make room for large urban areas could cause an increase CO2? Could it even be the primary cause, as opposed to greenhouse emissions by the burning of fossil fuels? There isn't quite as much fervor for decreasing large urban areas, but then again, there also isn't as much money.
Have there been periods in recent history where average temperature has declined while CO2 has increased?
Depends on what you call recent history. Are we talking days, years, decades, millennia? It's also important to keep in mind that weather is not the same as climate. If you can find a day in 1931 in which the global temperature was higher than today, you would be talking about weather. Climate is looking at weather over extended periods of time. This graph goes back to 1953. When modern measurements started. Climate Change: Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide. CO2 levels have been rising consistently just like temperatures have. For longer time-periods you have to count on ice-core samples. Those go back 800000 years. Ice Core
As to your question. Almost certainly, although what has happened now is that we went from one of the coldest periods within this interglacial period to one of the hottest. This within a span of a century. This is not explained by changes in the earth's orbit or natural disasters like volcanoes, solar fluctuations or other possible causes that can be detected by modern climatologists. Which are other possible catalysts of climate change.
Assuming CO2 is the primary cause, does it make sense that deforestation to make room for large urban areas could cause an increase CO2? Could it even be the primary cause, as opposed to greenhouse emissions by the burning of fossil fuels?
Deforestation would cause an increase in global CO2 levels although the amount of carbon released by the firing of today's forests pales in comparison to the amount of carbon trapped within the ground in coal, oil and other carbohydrates. These are eons worth of organic matter that we are burning at a clip so high we are capable of exhausting them within mere centuries.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back