Climate change movement isn’t about climate, it hates the West.

All those photographs were taken at the same time of year. That is not summer and winter. Glaciers don't come and go seasonally anyway. Those are glaciers disappearing. There are lots more of such photos if you're interested.
So what? What's your point, global warming doomsday cult dupe?

Yes they do come and go. Where I am sitting right now used to be covered by a two mile thick glacier. I'm glad it isn't now.

I'd have a difficult time growing a vegetable garden with 2 miles of ice crushing it.
They do not come and go with winter and summer. As Wikipedia says, they are "persistent".

The start of the interglacial popped mean temperatures in that area to above freezing a long time ago. Like ice in a glass melting takes time. Do you want a new Ice Age?
Are you actually that stupid? The last interglacial warming began 17,000 years ago and peaked 6,000 years ago. Those pictures were taken a few tens of years apart.

• Disagree
Reactions: JBG
I didn't call you stupid. Why do you need to insult?
To discourage people from putting out misinformation. The suggestion that those glaciers were melted by the glacial cycle when we're looking at two PHOTOGRAPHS boggled my mind. And I've been in a tiff with someone else here lately and am wound a little tight. My apologies. Do you understand why the melting of those glaciers cannot have been caused by glacial cycle warming? For one thing, we have been in a COOLING part of that cycle for the last 6,000 years.

Because empirical climate data threatens his beliefs.
Do you believe those glaciers (in post #38) were melted by glacial cycle warming? Do you think there's some empircal data that supports that idea? To what empirical data are you referring in the context of this particular exchange?

Do you believe those glaciers (in post #38) were melted by glacial cycle warming? Do you think there's some empircal data that supports that idea? To what empirical data are you referring in the context of this particular exchange?
I think the geologic record (i.e. oxygen isotope curve) conclusively shows NATURAL glacial cycles have been occurring for 3 million years. And that there is a temperature and solar variability trigger which triggers NH cooling (disruption of heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic) which due to its unique landmass configuration triggers extensive continental glaciation in the NH. And that glaciation increases albedo which further amplifies the cooling. And that when the heat circulation from the Atlantic ocean to the Arctic ocean is restored it takes a very long time for the planet to warm back up to its glaciation trigger temperature.

And this is like the 8th time I have explained it to you. Please see a doctor about your dementia.

I think the geologic record (i.e. oxygen isotope curve) conclusively shows NATURAL glacial cycles have been occurring for 3 million years.
And what, precisely, might you mean by "NATURAL"? Do you regard orbital mechanics as unnatural?
And that there is a temperature and solar variability trigger which triggers NH cooling
What temperature variability? What solar variability?
(disruption of heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic)
Do you mean a collapse of the AMOC? Would that also include a collapse of the PMOC? Think for a second. What is currently slowing and threatening to stop the overturning currents? Hint: IT ISN'T NH COOLING.
which due to its unique landmass configuration triggers extensive continental glaciation in the NH.
What would trigger a collapse of the overturning currents in the NH but not the SH and why would such a collapse not lead to glaciation on the Antarctic continent?
And that glaciation increases albedo which further amplifies the cooling.
But cooling the Arctic will increase the overturning currents.
And that when the heat circulation from the Atlantic ocean to the Arctic ocean is restored
Restored by what?
it takes a very long time for the planet to warm back up to its glaciation trigger temperature.
How long and why?
And this is like the 8th time I have explained it to you. Please see a doctor about your dementia.

This may well be the 8th time you've posted this you have YET to explain jack SHIT. This is nothing but an attempt to baffle us with bullshit. As I said earlier, these are all variations of "it just happens" and as far as science goes, THIS ISN'T WORTH SHIT.

Last edited:
And what, precisely, might you mean by "NATURAL"? Do you regard orbital mechanics as unnatural?

What temperature variability? What solar variability?

Do you mean a collapse of the AMOC? Would that also include a collapse of the PMOC? Think for a second. What is currently slowing and threatening to stop the overturning currents? Hint: IT ISN'T NH COOLING.

What would trigger a collapse of the overturning currents in the NH but not the SH and why would such a collapse not lead to glaciation on the Antarctic continent?

But cooling the Arctic will increase the overturning currents.

Restored by what?

How long and why?

This may well be the 8th time you've posted this you have YET to explain jack SHIT. This is nothing but an attempt to baffle us with bullshit. As I said earlier, these are all variations of "it just happens" and as far as science goes, ARE NOT WORTH SHIT.
Figure it out, dummy.

Okay. Got it. You don't have jack shit.
I wouldn't say this is nothing.

The empirical climate evidence from the geologic record (i.e. oxygen isotope curve) conclusively shows NATURAL glacial cycles have been occurring for 3 million years. And that there is a temperature and solar variability trigger which triggers NH cooling (disruption of heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic) which due to its unique landmass configuration triggers extensive continental glaciation in the NH. And that glaciation increases albedo which further amplifies the cooling. And that when the heat circulation from the Atlantic ocean to the Arctic ocean is restored it takes a very long time for the planet to warm back up to its glaciation trigger temperature.

I would say your criticism of this is nothing.

I think the climate change movement is all about the redistribution of wealth and politics more than anything else. It ain't like a glacier is going to wipe out most of North America in the next 10 or even 100 years, so I ain't seeing an emergency here. Humanity can adapt to changing temperatures and sea levels for better than they can do anything to stop CC/GW. There is no trust-worthy evidence whatsoever that shows any proposed solution would be effective.

I think the climate change movement is all about the redistribution of wealth and politics more than anything else.
Well that just goes to show you can't always be right.
It ain't like a glacier is going to wipe out most of North America in the next 10 or even 100 years, so I ain't seeing an emergency here.
The world is getting warmer, not colder. The world's glaciers are disappearing which is having a major impact on the world's fresh water supplies.
Humanity can adapt to changing temperatures and sea levels for better than they can do anything to stop CC/GW.
We will need to do both. This is a common false dichotomy of AGW deniers. Do you actually think we can only address one problem at a time?
There is no trust-worthy evidence whatsoever that shows any proposed solution would be effective.
There is very trust worthy evidence that doing nothing would be a catastrophic mistake.

The truth is the nan made climate change movement isnt about saving the planet, it is about destroying Western Civilization……

What is the connection between these two seemingly unrelated topics, global warming and the conflict between Israel and Hamas? One might say that a person who is wrong about one thing (global warming) is likely to be wrong about another (Gaza). But Thunberg isn’t just wrong, she is a passionate advocate against fossil fuels and against Israel–and, more broadly, “settler colonialism.”

That is not a coincidence. Rather, it reflects the fact that the climate change movement in which Thunberg is so prominent actually has little or nothing to do with climate change. Rather, it is an attack on the West. Fossil fuels are the foundation of modern civilization. They are the sole reason why we are not riding around in donkey carts and reading by candle light. Destroying fossil fuels means, at best, impoverishing the West.

That this is the activists’ real goal is evident from the fact that they train their fire not on China or India, but on the United States and Europe. If they were really concerned about the climate, this would make no sense, because China is by far the largest emitter of CO2. Robert Bryce produced this graph just a few days ago:
—————-
If you aren’t talking about Chinese emissions, everything you are saying about global warming is a joke. And neither Greta Thunberg nor Al Gore, Joe Biden or John Kerry is saying anything about Chinese emissions. If they really believed their own hype about global warming as an existential threat, they would be talking about invading China or bombing the hundreds of new coal plants that it has under development. But they don’t do that; instead, they stick up for the Chinese Communists and say they are doing a pretty good job. So their real goal isn’t affecting the climate, it is destroying Western economies and, thus, Western power.

IPCC I Protect Communist China

The truth is the nan made climate change movement isnt about saving the planet, it is about destroying Western Civilization……

What is the connection between these two seemingly unrelated topics, global warming and the conflict between Israel and Hamas? One might say that a person who is wrong about one thing (global warming) is likely to be wrong about another (Gaza). But Thunberg isn’t just wrong, she is a passionate advocate against fossil fuels and against Israel–and, more broadly, “settler colonialism.”

That is not a coincidence. Rather, it reflects the fact that the climate change movement in which Thunberg is so prominent actually has little or nothing to do with climate change. Rather, it is an attack on the West. Fossil fuels are the foundation of modern civilization. They are the sole reason why we are not riding around in donkey carts and reading by candle light. Destroying fossil fuels means, at best, impoverishing the West.

That this is the activists’ real goal is evident from the fact that they train their fire not on China or India, but on the United States and Europe. If they were really concerned about the climate, this would make no sense, because China is by far the largest emitter of CO2. Robert Bryce produced this graph just a few days ago:
—————-
If you aren’t talking about Chinese emissions, everything you are saying about global warming is a joke. And neither Greta Thunberg nor Al Gore, Joe Biden or John Kerry is saying anything about Chinese emissions. If they really believed their own hype about global warming as an existential threat, they would be talking about invading China or bombing the hundreds of new coal plants that it has under development. But they don’t do that; instead, they stick up for the Chinese Communists and say they are doing a pretty good job. So their real goal isn’t affecting the climate, it is destroying Western economies and, thus, Western power.

That you choose to attack the young girl rather than address the scientists and their science tells us what a stunningly ignorant coward you are. Pa-fucking-thetic.

Forum List

Back