The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.

What kind of proteges do you have?

Jehovah witness-- The ones carrying on the work Jesus began. House to house, city to city, with the good news of Gods coming kingdom.

You know what I find really funny about this whole discussion?

Christians using the OT as a way to justify their current beliefs. Got news for you Christians, the OT isn't a Christian book, it's a Jewish one. The first 5 books are the Torah, and the rest of the OT is a history of the Israelites, with the last 2 books being a collection of proverbs and hymns.

And by the way..................Leviticus is actually a manual for the Levites (Jewish priests) to tell them how to act and what the rules were for serving in the Temple.

I think the Council of Nicea disagrees with you. 39 Old Testament books were canonized as scripture.

There are a lot of important truths and facts about the true God and his will in the ot. In fact Jesus taught---Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God=OT-NT.

Here is an interesting fact that proves many religions that are claiming to be Christian as ones who do not know God or his will

Deuteronomy 30:19---- God set before all--LIFE or DEATH--nothing more. Both are everlasting.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Any time mankind assembles for a religious reason there is a period dedicated to allowing the greedy to take advantage of ordinary folks. Right now the church owns more real property than any other entity on earth. Meanwhile nearly a billion on earth, mostly children, are suffering and dying from poor nutrition and starvation:

junkos-camera-paris-and-porto-109.jpg

salt-lake-mormon-temple1.jpg

b0a4d22036

Why don't I ever hear people like you bitching about George Soros?

Who gives a phiddler's phuck about you or George Soros?

In the first place, you are full of dog feces, the US Government owns more property than the Church does. In the second place, if you are so worried about starving children why don't you get off your dead ass and do something about it instead of posting ignorant drivel here?

Last edited:
Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.

Jehovah witness-- The ones carrying on the work Jesus began. House to house, city to city, with the good news of Gods coming kingdom.

The single biggest complaint I get from secularists is about being awakened by Jehovah's Witnesses on Saturday mornings. They think you guys are Christians and they blame it on the rest of us.

Christians using the OT as a way to justify their current beliefs. Got news for you Christians, the OT isn't a Christian book, it's a Jewish one. The first 5 books are the Torah, and the rest of the OT is a history of the Israelites, with the last 2 books being a collection of proverbs and hymns.

And by the way..................Leviticus is actually a manual for the Levites (Jewish priests) to tell them how to act and what the rules were for serving in the Temple.

You know what I find funny? People who somehow think Jesus was opposed to the Jewish system of things.

There are lots of similarities. After all Jesus was Jewish. Christ just hated the corruption of the formal organization.

The single biggest complaint I get from secularists is about being awakened by Jehovah's Witnesses on Saturday mornings. They think you guys are Christians and they blame it on the rest of us.

The JW,s are the real Christians--carrying on the work, Jesus started when he sent his followers out by two, house to house, city to city, teaching --the good news of Gods kingdom. That work doesn't stop until the end. Matthew 24:14)-- the most important work a mortal can ever do.

You know what I find funny? People who somehow think Jesus was opposed to the Jewish system of things.

There are lots of similarities. After all Jesus was Jewish. Christ just hated the corruption of the formal organization.

Not his one true religion. Jesus spoke to 7 congregations in revelation--proving he has a religion on earth. As well promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( real teachers) over all of his belongings( flock)

Jesus has no religion on earth , religion is man's effort to reach God , the church to come will be God reaching out to man.

What he disliked were hypocritical con men like the one who started this thread...and you. We have met before, I know you.

The JW,s are the real Christians--carrying on the work, Jesus started when he sent his followers out by two, house to house, city to city, teaching --the good news of Gods kingdom. That work doesn't stop until the end. Matthew 24:14)-- the most important work a mortal can ever do.

JWs are pagan, gnostic con men who don't even worship the God of the Bible or his son.

JWs are pagan, gnostic con men who don't even worship the God of the Bible or his son.

Got news for you Clement, most Christians don't follow the teachings of Jesus, they just cherry pick the verses they want to try to prove their point (which is usually wrong).

I

Got news for you Clement, most Christians don't follow the teachings of Jesus, they just cherry pick the verses they want to try to prove their point (which is usually wrong).

I'be got

Hey Clement, if Jesus hated hypocritical con men, what do you think He'd say about Trump?

What does Trump have to do with this?

You said hypocritical con men who were capable of duping large amounts of people. I naturally thought of Trump.

And I have news for you, everybody who claims that wouldn't even know the difference.

Forum List

Back