The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Tithing was the Mosaic law-- Christians are not under that law.
Jesus taught a parable as well to that effect--He said--The Pharisees all gave their tithes, a little old woman had 2 small coins and gave them both out of her heart. Jesus said--what she gave had more value than all the tithes combined--- God and his son want from ones heart, not written law on paper-the new covenant= LOVE.
As well The bible teaches that one received the word of God for free and in return it should be given free as well.
Run from the teachers of darkness who demand a tithe. And get paid to give what God said to give free.
Biblical command to pay tithe. One by Jehovah Himself the other by Paul.

Heb 7:8
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Men that die are us, probably referring to a congregational leader
But there He receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth
Meaning, when you pay tithing you're literally paying tithing to Jesus Himself because He liveth even though you're paying to men that die.

Paul supported the words of Jehovah when Jehovah said:
Lk 11:42
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Here Jesus criticizise the religion leaders in their sanctimonious bragging to paying tithing. But the qualifier is He said do not leave the other undone.
Which is a reference back to tithing that it is still to be practiced.

Ya know, if I didn't want to abide by the Lord's law of tithing I would rewrite the Bible and paint it green to.

Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.
A couple of your proteges came to my door the other day. The one wanted to argue with me, and the other one had the hots for me I could tell. She even asked for my name.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Jesus taught a parable as well to that effect--He said--The Pharisees all gave their tithes, a little old woman had 2 small coins and gave them both out of her heart. Jesus said--what she gave had more value than all the tithes combined--- God and his son want from ones heart, not written law on paper-the new covenant= LOVE.
As well The bible teaches that one received the word of God for free and in return it should be given free as well.
Run from the teachers of darkness who demand a tithe. And get paid to give what God said to give free.

And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Meaning, when you pay tithing you're literally paying tithing to Jesus Himself because He liveth even though you're paying to men that die.

But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Here Jesus criticizise the religion leaders in their sanctimonious bragging to paying tithing. But the qualifier is He said do not leave the other undone.

Ya know, if I didn't want to abide by the Lord's law of tithing I would rewrite the Bible and paint it green to.

Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.
Are you sure she was giving a tithe, and not a Temple tax? An alm, or an offering?

A couple of your proteges came to my door the other day. The one wanted to argue with me, and the other one had the hots for me I could tell. She even asked for my name.

Most have this ruling their thoughts--Jeremiah 17:9-- the heart is treacherous and desperate, who can know it?

Precisely. I don't ask my wife for a set of rules to live by, I find out what she likes and do my best to make sure she has it. The problem with a legalistic understanding of the tithe is that it becomes a ceiling, when in reality it should be a floor.
You're accepting the interpretation of one that doesn't even know who Jehovah was in the Bible?????
my my.

Precisely. I don't ask my wife for a set of rules to live by, I find out what she likes and do my best to make sure she has it. The problem with a legalistic understanding of the tithe is that it becomes a ceiling, when in reality it should be a floor.
You're accepting the interpretation of one that doesn't even know who Jehovah was in the Bible?????
my my.
I'm accepting an affirmation of an interpretation that I accepted long ago. IOW, I thought that way before.

I love debating Christians, but I feel one against 7 is not fair; you need to go and get 25 more to help you. 7 against me is just not fair; I kind of feel like I am taking candy from babies.

There is nothing quite so pathetic as someone who is so clueless they don't know how clueless they are, and I am looking at you, son.

Hey , while your looking , look at this :

The Origin of Tithing
I love debating Christians, but I feel one against 7 is not fair; you need to go and get 25 more to help you. 7 against me is just not fair; I kind of feel like I am taking candy from babies.

There is nothing quite so pathetic as someone who is so clueless they don't know how clueless they are, and I am looking at you, son.

Hey , while your looking , look at this :

The Origin of Tithing

From the "Age of Reason" site, where, if you go to their definition of the Gospel, you are directed to purchase a DVD for $12.

"The Gospel

What it is, and is not

"This DVD is a foundational teaching for all believers, new or old. Those who want to learn why God established the continuum of animal blood sacrifices that culminated in Jesus Christ the savior.

"The DVD covers the rudimentary gospel in the Old Testament, Cain and Abel, Noah, Abraham, Moses and the fulfillment of the Passover lamb in Jesus Christ. Apologetic Answers are given to those who add to the gospel by using works from the old Testament laws and baptism. It will help you understand the differences of law and grace. The Old testament laws, the Sabbath, and baptism are seen as works. This will give you better understanding of the cults who claim Christianity but do not accept the gospel of grace, which is the new covenant and instead do works.

"This is a good evangelistic tool to reach those who are unsaved that do not understand the bible or the gospel message. We answer why religion, with its rituals and ceremonies and mans works do not give you any merit before God and why the gospel is the only solution to mans condition of sin.

1 hour 20 minutes long

US includes postage

$12:00"

Is your link to this ludicrous site supposed to signify something other than your own stupidity? I see you like to just post links and say "there ya go" without actually iterating the point you think you're making, or citing the pertinent verbage.

In other words, you're a fucking idiot.
The Gospel

Explain to us why you are reading what an idiot has to say ; and why others are reading it?

It's like staring at an accident on the freeway. You know you shouldn't, but you can't help it.

You can't help but read ; why thank you! I knew I was not banging on your head for nothing.

You know what I find really funny about this whole discussion?

Christians using the OT as a way to justify their current beliefs. Got news for you Christians, the OT isn't a Christian book, it's a Jewish one. The first 5 books are the Torah, and the rest of the OT is a history of the Israelites, with the last 2 books being a collection of proverbs and hymns.

And by the way..................Leviticus is actually a manual for the Levites (Jewish priests) to tell them how to act and what the rules were for serving in the Temple.

What kind of proteges do you have?

Christians using the OT as a way to justify their current beliefs. Got news for you Christians, the OT isn't a Christian book, it's a Jewish one. The first 5 books are the Torah, and the rest of the OT is a history of the Israelites, with the last 2 books being a collection of proverbs and hymns.

And by the way..................Leviticus is actually a manual for the Levites (Jewish priests) to tell them how to act and what the rules were for serving in the Temple.

I think the Council of Nicea disagrees with you. 39 Old Testament books were canonized as scripture.

I think the Council of Nicea disagrees with you. 39 Old Testament books were canonized as scripture.

Doesn't change the fact that it was still originally written by the Jews, no matter how you try to dress it up.

Matter of fact, I've found certain religious shows to be very helpful when it's a Rabbi or Jewish scholar who is directly translating the OT from Hebrew to English for you, as well as the nuances in the Hebrew language that they can point out.

I recommend "Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harrel" on GLC channel if you have the time.

It is funny , and its sad. The pride of Christianity creates lies that are stronger than scripture itself.

Be glad to. You say you post only on your own threads, when you post on your own forum by yourself then you will not be a troll. As it is, you post on a "religion and philosophy" forum as a want-to-be iconoclast, except you don't know enough to be an iconoclast, you are just trying to stir up trouble. Get some meat into your arguments instead of posting your own meaningless opinion.

You have to know what the rules are before you can break them, and you don't, you're just making noise.

Everywhere I post people show interest in my noise , including you. I hold no need to attack your personage , but I will punish your precious Christianity ; without end.

So, like all trolls, you do this for the attention?

I gladly do it to bear witness to the truth as I understand it; I hold no interest in convincing anyone; the Holy Spirit holds that job. I have run into opposition from Christians before , I understand their feelings of rage , as I peel layers off of their religion.

Let me know when you start peeling off layers of religion because so far this thread has been a waste of time.

A waste of time? 297 replies and over 4,974 views , including your views ; I don't understand your complaint of it being a waste of time? So I peel off your obvious blindness to this thread ;keep coming.

So you equate replies and views as you peeling layers off religion? Lol!

You know what I find funny? People who somehow think Jesus was opposed to the Jewish system of things.

Everywhere I post people show interest in my noise , including you. I hold no need to attack your personage , but I will punish your precious Christianity ; without end.

I gladly do it to bear witness to the truth as I understand it; I hold no interest in convincing anyone; the Holy Spirit holds that job. I have run into opposition from Christians before , I understand their feelings of rage , as I peel layers off of their religion.

Let me know when you start peeling off layers of religion because so far this thread has been a waste of time.

A waste of time? 297 replies and over 4,974 views , including your views ; I don't understand your complaint of it being a waste of time? So I peel off your obvious blindness to this thread ;keep coming.

Yes.

Yes.

Okay then, at least we know what we are dealing with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any time mankind assembles for a religious reason there is a period dedicated to allowing the greedy to take advantage of ordinary folks. Right now the church owns more real property than any other entity on earth. Meanwhile nearly a billion on earth, mostly children, are suffering and dying from poor nutrition and starvation:

junkos-camera-paris-and-porto-109.jpg

salt-lake-mormon-temple1.jpg

b0a4d22036

Why don't I ever hear people like you bitching about George Soros?

Who gives a phiddler's phuck about you or George Soros?

my my.

YHWH(Jehovah) = The only true living God.

Forum List

Back