The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Hey Clement, if Jesus hated hypocritical con men, what do you think He'd say about Trump?

What does Trump have to do with this?

You said hypocritical con men who were capable of duping large amounts of people. I naturally thought of Trump.

I see, you're just a leftist troll with nothing of substance to say.

There ya go with the generalizations again. Okay, what would Jesus say about Creflo Dollar, Josh Hagee, or any of the other mega church preachers who claim to speak for Him while lining their pockets.

Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.

What kind of proteges do you have?

JW's got more biblical sense than Christianity does ;more manners too.

Jehovah witness-- The ones carrying on the work Jesus began. House to house, city to city, with the good news of Gods coming kingdom.

JW's got way more biblical sense than Christians ; manners too.

The single biggest complaint I get from secularists is about being awakened by Jehovah's Witnesses on Saturday mornings. They think you guys are Christians and they blame it on the rest of us.

The JW,s are the real Christians--carrying on the work, Jesus started when he sent his followers out by two, house to house, city to city, teaching --the good news of Gods kingdom. That work doesn't stop until the end. Matthew 24:14)-- the most important work a mortal can ever do.

JWs are pagan, gnostic con men who don't even worship the God of the Bible or his son.

Jesus has no religion on earth , religion is man's effort to reach God , the church to come will be God reaching out to man.

Actually, religion is a way for man to try to claim God's power, by saying that they are the ones who speak for Him.

I don't think you know what "religion" is...

Enlighten me then, because of all the Christian religions that I've had to endure, ALL of them claimed to be the one true church to speak for God and that I had to believe as they did or I was going to hell.

Pretty heavy trip for a child who was orphaned at 8, and lived with 5 different families in foster care. Especially when each place that I went to live was a different religion. I've been indoctrinated by Catholics, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Northern and Southern Baptists, and all though they all used the same book (KJV), they all had different interpretations of it, and how it said to behave. Some said you can drink, some said you can't. Some said you could dance, some didn't, etc. etc. etc.

Jesus has no religion on earth , religion is man's effort to reach God , the church to come will be God reaching out to man.

Actually, religion is a way for man to try to claim God's power, by saying that they are the ones who speak for Him.

Enlighten me then, because of all the Christian religions that I've had to endure, ALL of them claimed to be the one true church to speak for God and that I had to believe as they did or I was going to hell.

Pretty heavy trip for a child who was orphaned at 8, and lived with 5 different families in foster care. Especially when each place that I went to live was a different religion. I've been indoctrinated by Catholics, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Northern and Southern Baptists, and all though they all used the same book (KJV), they all had different interpretations of it, and how it said to behave. Some said you can drink, some said you can't. Some said you could dance, some didn't, etc. etc. etc.

Number one, those are all part of the Christian religion. For someone who claims to have been "indoctrinated", you didn't learn much.

Things like drinking and dancing are traditions that some observe, some do not. It's okay, really. The only real requirement for being Christian is that you have to believe in the Christ, who we refer to a Jesus. There's no need to make it more complicated than it already is.

Hey Clement, if Jesus hated hypocritical con men, what do you think He'd say about Trump?

What does Trump have to do with this?

You said hypocritical con men who were capable of duping large amounts of people. I naturally thought of Trump.

I see, you're just a leftist troll with nothing of substance to say.

There ya go with the generalizations again. Okay, what would Jesus say about Creflo Dollar, Josh Hagee, or any of the other mega church preachers who claim to speak for Him while lining their pockets.

I am more interested in what he says about those who follow his commands.

Are you kidding , Christians have complicated Christianity far more than any religion!

Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.

What kind of proteges do you have?

Jehovah witness-- The ones carrying on the work Jesus began. House to house, city to city, with the good news of Gods coming kingdom.

The single biggest complaint I get from secularists is about being awakened by Jehovah's Witnesses on Saturday mornings. They think you guys are Christians and they blame it on the rest of us.

The JW,s are the real Christians--carrying on the work, Jesus started when he sent his followers out by two, house to house, city to city, teaching --the good news of Gods kingdom. That work doesn't stop until the end. Matthew 24:14)-- the most important work a mortal can ever do.

JWs are pagan, gnostic con men who don't even worship the God of the Bible or his son.

100% undeniable facts= From Moses on up until this very day--the Israelites served, taught and worshipped-a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah)-- The God Jesus, served and worshipped when he attended the synagogues and temples. The God Jesus taught--John 20:17, Rev 3:12, John 4:22-24

The Christian tithe is a total rip off of believers money.

Some people can't afford to tithe because they have too many bills. I have never heard of anybody that can't afford to pay their bills because they pay too much in tithes.

That's just an observation I have made. I am interested to hear alternate observations.

Tithing is a great practice. I am an atheist and I still tithe. I have done with every dime I have ever had since I was 11 years old.

Some people can't afford to tithe because they have too many bills. I have never heard of anybody that can't afford to pay their bills because they pay too much in tithes.

That's just an observation I have made. I am interested to hear alternate observations.

Tithing is a great practice. I am an atheist and I still tithe. I have done with every dime I have ever had since I was 11 years old.

Well here we go again . How many examples do you need to wake you up this time?

My mother tithes 10 percent — but she can’t make her house payments

Well here we go again . How many examples do you need to wake you up this time?

My mother tithes 10 percent — but she can’t make her house payments

Did the mother miss her house payment? It sounds like her daughter paid it for her. I never heard the mom say she couldn't pay her bills. Did you hear her say that?

Some people have $12 in their bank account and feel they are doing just fine. Some people think that person is struggling.

Some people have $15,000 in their savings and account and think they are doing just fine. Some people think that person is struggling.

The story you posted was not from the tither's perspective. If someone paid my mortgage for me and I believed in God then I would assume God was taking care of me. We really need to hear the mother's side of the story and the banker's side of the story. Has she ever missed a payment on her house? That's important information to have.

Besides I didn't say it never happened. I said I have never heard a person say that they can't afford to pay their bills because they tithe. This article doesn't change that. I still have never heard a person say that they can't afford to pay their bills because they tithe. I read what the daughter said and I read the response. Did you read the whole thing yourself?

Last edited:
The concept of giving is not wrong, but the church enforced giving if your not able to is wrong. Do you understand that??

The concept of giving is not wrong, but the church enforced giving if your not able to is wrong. Do you understand that??

Enforced? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only organization that I know that enforces tithing.

I have went years without giving one single penny to my church. I'm still a member.

I'm not even sure the Mormons are that strict about it. They just won't give you a Temple Recommend if you ever need to attend a wedding or something. I don't think you get excommunicated for it.

Last edited:

I personally view the concept of being unable to tithe as an impossibility. If you make $10 per year then you sacrifice $1. You have $10. You can afford to give away 1 of them. The quality of your life doesn't really change that much. No matter how poor you are you should still be aware of your fellow man that needs your help. Nobody is too lowly that they deserve to be a selfish prick. This is especially true in Christianity.

Did you know that the working poor are the most generous demographic in the United States?

I personally view the concept of being unable to tithe as an impossibility. If you make $10 per year then you sacrifice $1. You have $10. You can afford to give away 1 of them. The quality of your life doesn't really change that much. No matter how poor you are you should still be aware of your fellow man that needs your help. Nobody is too lowly that they deserve to be a selfish prick. This is especially true in Christianity.

Did you know that the working poor are the most generous demographic in the United States?

A lot of Christian ministers feel exactly as you do. In fact they teach their members that God will curse them if they don't give that little 10 percent.

A lot of Christian ministers feel exactly as you do. In fact they teach their members that God will curse them if they don't give that little 10 percent.

God won't curse them but they will suffer financially for it. However, they can always burn 10% of their income or give it to a Satanic organization to get the same benefit. They don't have to give it to the church. Giving 10% of your income forces you to behave with the remaining 90%. It's a fiscal straight jacket.

Corrupt and insincere pastors doesn't negate the benefits of tithing.

God won't curse them but they will suffer financially for it. However, they can always burn 10% of their income or give it to a Satanic organization to get the same benefit. They don't have to give it to the church. Giving 10% of your income forces you to behave with the remaining 90%. It's a fiscal straight jacket.

Corrupt and insincere pastors doesn't negate the benefits of tithing.

This thread is not against tithing ,its against the Christians using the tithing system to rip its members off. I mean I welcome your need to rail against anything , but this thread is specific.

Forum List

Back