The Christian Tithe ripoff.

NONE of those proceeds were EVER money; the greed of Christianity turned the food tithe into money; and the Christian theologians know this , but they also know Christians don't study the bible.

Lol. What tripe.

I love debating Christians, but I feel one against 7 is not fair; you need to go and get 25 more to help you. 7 against me is just not fair; I kind of feel like I am taking candy from babies.
You don't debate, you just post crazy nonsense.

What's it feel like Christian , finding out you don't have a monopoly on the truth?

What's it feel like?

I haven't found that out, weirdo.

What's it feel like to think you have on a royal robe , but in reality you are blind and naked ; Jesus in Rev.3:17 describing his church in the last days. In verse 20 Jesus was standing at the door of HIS church , trying to get in. He was on the outside!

In the Jewish tradition, if you gave 1/40th, you were a mensch (great guy), if you gave 1/50th, you were considered average, and if you gave 1/60th, you were considered stingy.

10 percent of your total income is a Christian thing.

kosh is correct:
Hebrews 7:2
To him also Abraham apportioned a tithe of everything. His name ... Abraham gave Melchizedek a tenth of everything he had captured.

Lol. What tripe.

I love debating Christians, but I feel one against 7 is not fair; you need to go and get 25 more to help you. 7 against me is just not fair; I kind of feel like I am taking candy from babies.
You don't debate, you just post crazy nonsense.

What's it feel like Christian , finding out you don't have a monopoly on the truth?

What's it feel like?

I haven't found that out, weirdo.

What's it feel like to think you have on a royal robe , but in reality you are blind and naked ; Jesus in Rev.3:17 describing his church in the last days. In verse 20 Jesus was standing at the door of HIS church , trying to get in. He was on the outside!

Except he wasn't. He was talking to individuals, not congregations, not bricks and mortar:

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Anyone.
that person

He goes on:
To the one who is victorious...

And it feels great to be co-heir with Christ. Crowns and gems and fresh white robes and grace and love. Can't beat it.

His church in the last days, are those individuals that follow Christ. If you think he was talking about Ephesus, we had better get our shovels out, cause that church has been buried under foot for a long long time. No wonder He can't get in! ;)

In the Jewish tradition, if you gave 1/40th, you were a mensch (great guy), if you gave 1/50th, you were considered average, and if you gave 1/60th, you were considered stingy.

Actually, it's in the OT.

And for those who haven't known gaybiker for the 60 seconds it takes to figure out he's a blowhard and dipshit, and frequently blathers about shit he has NO CLUE about...well, he's a blowhard, and a dipshit, and blathers on and on INCESSANTLY about topics he obviously knows nothing about. His history at usmb has been long and fruitful, heavy on the fruit. He once famously mistook Lot for Noah in a heated discussion about the OT when he was pontificating during a stint as "Biblical Scholar" on the interwebs.

"Old Testament
"Tithe" means a tenth or 10 percent. The tithing system described in the Bible was designed specifically to meet the needs of the religious, economic and political system of ancient Israel. Each of the twelve tribes of Israel, except the tribe of Levi, initially received an allotment of land in the promised land of Canaan. The Levites were assistants to Israel's priests and were supported by a tithe offering from other eleven tribes. All families of those eleven tribes were to give a tenth of all produce, flocks, and cattle to the Levites. In turn, the Levites were to give a tenth of that to support the priests (Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18:21-28). Tithes were also used to meet the needs of foreigners, orphans and widows. (Deuteronomy 26:12-13) "

Ten percent. OT.

What Does the Bible Say About the Tithe or Tithing?

NONE of those proceeds were EVER money; the greed of Christianity turned the food tithe into money; and the Christian theologians know this , but they also know Christians don't study the bible.

Lol. What tripe.

There is nothing quite so pathetic as someone who is so clueless they don't know how clueless they are, and I am looking at you, son.

And for those who haven't known gaybiker for the 60 seconds it takes to figure out he's a blowhard and dipshit, and frequently blathers about shit he has NO CLUE about...well, he's a blowhard, and a dipshit, and blathers on and on INCESSANTLY about topics he obviously knows nothing about. His history at usmb has been long and fruitful, heavy on the fruit. He once famously mistook Lot for Noah in a heated discussion about the OT when he was pontificating during a stint as "Biblical Scholar" on the interwebs.

"Old Testament
"Tithe" means a tenth or 10 percent. The tithing system described in the Bible was designed specifically to meet the needs of the religious, economic and political system of ancient Israel. Each of the twelve tribes of Israel, except the tribe of Levi, initially received an allotment of land in the promised land of Canaan. The Levites were assistants to Israel's priests and were supported by a tithe offering from other eleven tribes. All families of those eleven tribes were to give a tenth of all produce, flocks, and cattle to the Levites. In turn, the Levites were to give a tenth of that to support the priests (Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18:21-28). Tithes were also used to meet the needs of foreigners, orphans and widows. (Deuteronomy 26:12-13) "

Ten percent. OT.

Lol. What tripe.

There is nothing quite so pathetic as someone who is so clueless they don't know how clueless they are, and I am looking at you, son.

Hey , while your looking , look at this :

The Origin of Tithing

"Old Testament

Ten percent. OT.

Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing

"Old Testament

Ten percent. OT.

Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing

From the "Age of Reason" site, where, if you go to their definition of the Gospel, you are directed to purchase a DVD for $12.

"The Gospel

What it is, and is not

"This DVD is a foundational teaching for all believers, new or old. Those who want to learn why God established the continuum of animal blood sacrifices that culminated in Jesus Christ the savior.

"The DVD covers the rudimentary gospel in the Old Testament, Cain and Abel, Noah, Abraham, Moses and the fulfillment of the Passover lamb in Jesus Christ. Apologetic Answers are given to those who add to the gospel by using works from the old Testament laws and baptism. It will help you understand the differences of law and grace. The Old testament laws, the Sabbath, and baptism are seen as works. This will give you better understanding of the cults who claim Christianity but do not accept the gospel of grace, which is the new covenant and instead do works.

"This is a good evangelistic tool to reach those who are unsaved that do not understand the bible or the gospel message. We answer why religion, with its rituals and ceremonies and mans works do not give you any merit before God and why the gospel is the only solution to mans condition of sin.

1 hour 20 minutes long

US includes postage

$12:00"

Is your link to this ludicrous site supposed to signify something other than your own stupidity? I see you like to just post links and say "there ya go" without actually iterating the point you think you're making, or citing the pertinent verbage.

In other words, you're a fucking idiot.
The Gospel

Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing

Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing

From the "Age of Reason" site, where, if you go to their definition of the Gospel, you are directed to purchase a DVD for $12.

"The Gospel

What it is, and is not

"This DVD is a foundational teaching for all believers, new or old. Those who want to learn why God established the continuum of animal blood sacrifices that culminated in Jesus Christ the savior.

"The DVD covers the rudimentary gospel in the Old Testament, Cain and Abel, Noah, Abraham, Moses and the fulfillment of the Passover lamb in Jesus Christ. Apologetic Answers are given to those who add to the gospel by using works from the old Testament laws and baptism. It will help you understand the differences of law and grace. The Old testament laws, the Sabbath, and baptism are seen as works. This will give you better understanding of the cults who claim Christianity but do not accept the gospel of grace, which is the new covenant and instead do works.

"This is a good evangelistic tool to reach those who are unsaved that do not understand the bible or the gospel message. We answer why religion, with its rituals and ceremonies and mans works do not give you any merit before God and why the gospel is the only solution to mans condition of sin.

1 hour 20 minutes long

US includes postage

Is your link to this ludicrous site supposed to signify something other than your own stupidity? I see you like to just post links and say "there ya go" without actually iterating the point you think you're making, or citing the pertinent verbage.

The Gospel

Explain to us why you are reading what an idiot has to say ; and why others are reading it?

Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing
Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing

"The Gospel

What it is, and is not

1 hour 20 minutes long

US includes postage

The Gospel

Explain to us why you are reading what an idiot has to say ; and why others are reading it?

Why has an idiot received over 4,700 views??

Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing
Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing

"The Gospel

What it is, and is not

1 hour 20 minutes long

US includes postage

The Gospel

I give everybody a chance. But if they prove they have nothing of value to say, I ignore them.
You've proven you have nothing of value to say.

The Origin of Tithing

The Origin of Tithing

"The Gospel

What it is, and is not

1 hour 20 minutes long

US includes postage

The Gospel

I give everybody a chance. But if they prove they have nothing of value to say, I ignore them.
You've proven you have nothing of value to say.

The views on my threads speak different than your observation.

Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing
Lol. What tripe.

The Origin of Tithing

"The Gospel

What it is, and is not

1 hour 20 minutes long

US includes postage

The Gospel

It's like staring at an accident on the freeway. You know you shouldn't, but you can't help it.

Just curious. Atheists are usually outspoken about their beliefs. Were you at one time a believer?

Yes. Rock solid faith. I remember believing in August 2011 that I was exactly where God wanted me to be. I'm not sure when it all disappeared again.

I have been in a pattern that shifts every several years. I have too many reasons to believe that God exists and really likes me. Lots of things have happened to me that I can't explain. I can't explain quantam physics or brain surgery either.

It may sound odd but my sin of choice is idolatry. I'm not talking about the ambiguous type of idolatry that preachers use to make you feel guilty. I'm talking about blatantly obvious full blown idolatry. The Bible says to Flee idolatry. I embraced it and enjoyed it for a little while. I have even created my own tangible religion. If you look up Vasudera Torrent on google then you will see what I created.

Last edited:
Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Tithing was the Mosaic law-- Christians are not under that law.
Jesus taught a parable as well to that effect--He said--The Pharisees all gave their tithes, a little old woman had 2 small coins and gave them both out of her heart. Jesus said--what she gave had more value than all the tithes combined--- God and his son want from ones heart, not written law on paper-the new covenant= LOVE.
As well The bible teaches that one received the word of God for free and in return it should be given free as well.
Run from the teachers of darkness who demand a tithe. And get paid to give what God said to give free.
Biblical command to pay tithe. One by Jehovah Himself the other by Paul.

Heb 7:8
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Men that die are us, probably referring to a congregational leader
But there He receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth
Meaning, when you pay tithing you're literally paying tithing to Jesus Himself because He liveth even though you're paying to men that die.

Paul supported the words of Jehovah when Jehovah said:
Lk 11:42
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Here Jesus criticizise the religion leaders in their sanctimonious bragging to paying tithing. But the qualifier is He said do not leave the other undone.
Which is a reference back to tithing that it is still to be practiced.

Ya know, if I didn't want to abide by the Lord's law of tithing I would rewrite the Bible and paint it green to.

Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.

Universal salvation. Jesus' work on the cross was universal. He left not one soul out. It was His gift to us. Nevertheless, few will accept the gift. That is why the road is narrow.

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

^ There were men who knew of Christ's methodology and used it to perform the way Jesus did, without having a relationship with Christ. Similar to magicians using tricks. Their hearts weren't in it. It was a cerebral action.
But Christ can see a man's heart. They didn't know Him in their hearts, and therefore, He didn't know them. They were false disciples.

Acts 19:13
Then some Jews who went around trying to drive out demons attempted to use the name of the Lord Jesus on those who had evil spirits, saying, "I command you by that Jesus whom Paul preaches!"

I am thrilled to announce that God will not loose ANY human to sin. Job 23:13 " God is of one mind and who can turn him? What he desires THAT he DOES!" Well what does he desire? 1 Tim. 2:4 - God desires all men to be saved. And that he has done.

Case closed!

Hello!

God desires all of His children be saved. That is why Christ's work on the cross was all inclusive. Christ gave all sinners the capability of going boldly to the alter of God.
Sadly, not all humans are God's children. We have free will to accept or not to accept the grace of God, or the propitiation of Christ. For example Jezebel chose, no thanks, and was turned into dog s**t. Her choice, not God's.
As for Job's question, the answer is Aaron for one..

Nonsense , Christianity has infected your thinking. The whole earth is God's and ALL the people of it; Psalms 24:1.
Jesus explicitly states that many will be rejected by God, and the Holy Spirit does not disagree with Him. Your problem is with God, not with any man.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Tithing was the Mosaic law-- Christians are not under that law.
Jesus taught a parable as well to that effect--He said--The Pharisees all gave their tithes, a little old woman had 2 small coins and gave them both out of her heart. Jesus said--what she gave had more value than all the tithes combined--- God and his son want from ones heart, not written law on paper-the new covenant= LOVE.
As well The bible teaches that one received the word of God for free and in return it should be given free as well.
Run from the teachers of darkness who demand a tithe. And get paid to give what God said to give free.
Biblical command to pay tithe. One by Jehovah Himself the other by Paul.

Heb 7:8
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Men that die are us, probably referring to a congregational leader
But there He receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth
Meaning, when you pay tithing you're literally paying tithing to Jesus Himself because He liveth even though you're paying to men that die.

Paul supported the words of Jehovah when Jehovah said:
Lk 11:42
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Here Jesus criticizise the religion leaders in their sanctimonious bragging to paying tithing. But the qualifier is He said do not leave the other undone.
Which is a reference back to tithing that it is still to be practiced.

Ya know, if I didn't want to abide by the Lord's law of tithing I would rewrite the Bible and paint it green to.

Jesus taught a parable about the tithe--- He said--the Pharisees all gave a tithe, a little old woman gave 2 small coins( out of the heart) -- Jesus said she gave more than all the tithes combined. Jesus wants out of the heart, not a written tithe law--The Israelites are under Law--Christians are not under those written laws. We are under the new covenant = LOVE.
Precisely. I don't ask my wife for a set of rules to live by, I find out what she likes and do my best to make sure she has it. The problem with a legalistic understanding of the tithe is that it becomes a ceiling, when in reality it should be a floor.

No, what I think is what's true is true and what's not true is BS, and I see that the truth is not in you. You are what is known as a troll, sir, a shit stirrer, if you prefer. People like you come to sites like this probably because they think everybody is as clueless as they are and no one will catch them in their falsehoods and half truths. Then they pick fights and cry foul when they get caught.

No, sir, YOU are the problem, not "religion" not Christianity, but people who can't stand the idea that someone might be happy with their own lives.

Explain to me how I am a troll ; I post only on my own threads , no where else hardly. You come to my thread , which your welcome too ,then accuse me of being a troll. No matter ,I still welcome you , and I still oppose you. And expose you.

Be glad to. You say you post only on your own threads, when you post on your own forum by yourself then you will not be a troll. As it is, you post on a "religion and philosophy" forum as a want-to-be iconoclast, except you don't know enough to be an iconoclast, you are just trying to stir up trouble. Get some meat into your arguments instead of posting your own meaningless opinion.

You have to know what the rules are before you can break them, and you don't, you're just making noise.

Everywhere I post people show interest in my noise , including you. I hold no need to attack your personage , but I will punish your precious Christianity ; without end.

So, like all trolls, you do this for the attention?

I gladly do it to bear witness to the truth as I understand it; I hold no interest in convincing anyone; the Holy Spirit holds that job. I have run into opposition from Christians before , I understand their feelings of rage , as I peel layers off of their religion.

Let me know when you start peeling off layers of religion because so far this thread has been a waste of time.

Explain to me how I am a troll ; I post only on my own threads , no where else hardly. You come to my thread , which your welcome too ,then accuse me of being a troll. No matter ,I still welcome you , and I still oppose you. And expose you.

Be glad to. You say you post only on your own threads, when you post on your own forum by yourself then you will not be a troll. As it is, you post on a "religion and philosophy" forum as a want-to-be iconoclast, except you don't know enough to be an iconoclast, you are just trying to stir up trouble. Get some meat into your arguments instead of posting your own meaningless opinion.

You have to know what the rules are before you can break them, and you don't, you're just making noise.

Everywhere I post people show interest in my noise , including you. I hold no need to attack your personage , but I will punish your precious Christianity ; without end.

So, like all trolls, you do this for the attention?

I gladly do it to bear witness to the truth as I understand it; I hold no interest in convincing anyone; the Holy Spirit holds that job. I have run into opposition from Christians before , I understand their feelings of rage , as I peel layers off of their religion.

Let me know when you start peeling off layers of religion because so far this thread has been a waste of time.

A waste of time? 297 replies and over 4,974 views , including your views ; I don't understand your complaint of it being a waste of time? So I peel off your obvious blindness to this thread ;keep coming.

Forum List

Back